Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The forums are being tinkered with

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I think the 'moron indicators' were actually there for people to find a reference on where to click because the buttons tended to lack profile. If you're going to do away with the indicators, try considering making the buttons a little more visible. Perhaps with a clearer outline.

Greenskin13

Erudite
StraitLacedDeviant said:
The board is almost looking too good for an avante gard website....

Ooooh sssssnap!

The changes are happening too fast. We need to get back to old-school.

Jed

Cipher
Looking good Rex. I really like the buttons. I especially like that "Post Reply" has a lighting bolt on it, for that extra Zing!

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
I like the ugly forum style better. Exitium you messed up again.

edit: the fag,search,members, etc is too close to the top links making the person require more precision to hit the link they want. The log in/out on the bar should show some sign that you are logged in or out like perhaps take out the IN when you are already in? It kinda hard to tell if your in or not unless you look at the bottom.

Ausir

Arcane
Exitium, while you're at it, make also new buttons for the PM inbox interface instead of the ugly yellow ones. And make the game (etc.) database link for the top menu - it's too cool to be only in the side menu, where it can be overlooked!

Ausir

Arcane
Hey Exitium, I like new buttons, but why there is only the "RPG Codex forum" button on the main page in the 2nd bar instead of the whole forum menu?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
*shock* *horror*

My God, the forum. It actually looks okay. The menu buttons along the top are a bit hard to read though and the "you have X new private messages" text seems to be missing.

Pity the titles still suck too.

Exitium said:
Oh, don't sound so jealous, DarkUndies. Just because you don't have even a knack of talent to save your life, much less to work Photoshop or PSP to design the buttons on TA to make them actually fit the layout properly after you fucked up Monkey's web design doesn't mean you have to go all out and make up lies about the quality of the graphics on RPG Codex.
That's why we have Monkey. We also aren't dumb enough to inflict our hideous designs on people until our work is actually completed.

Spazmo

Erudite
I was using Aftermath, actually, which I think was somewhat popular. But still, I like all the work Rex has done. It's real purdy and having the forums match the front page is just neat.

Sammael

Liturgist
Looks good in 1600x1200.

Although you could make the second row of buttons appear next to the top row (instead of below it) for us with superior monitors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom