Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Greatest Gaming Moment

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
I think the greatest gaming moment was campturing my first treasure galleon in Pirates! (C64). I never fully understood how this worked but if you patrolled near the town where the treasure fleet harbored, you could sometimes catch galleaons that had 20,000 gold pieces aboard, sometimes even much more, and I think I captured one that was fantastic, like 40,000

Some others come to mind, receiving the demo of Ultima Underworld ca 1992. My first 1:28.xx in Monza in Grand Prix Legends, the first major win in Shogun Total War, my first patrol in Silent Hunter 3, the first time I understood how to win battles in Jagged Alliance II. Also when Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines released, unfortunately that was spoilt for me by real life interfering at the time.

SpoilVictor

Educated
When I got new rig first game I launched was Morrowind. First time stepping out of the cargo hold in Seyda Neen - that water looked so beautiful.

First time playing Heroes of Might & Magic II: "That Sprites are surely no match for my starting hero"
They were

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Defeating the witches' sabbat and the demon they summoned in Darklands.

Rescuing the emperor in TIE Fighter.

Suing a ghost in King of Dragon Pass.

Walking through the Valley of the Kings or whatever it's called on Korriban in KOTOR.

Watching as my dad made his first moves in Civilization and knowing that my life would never be the same after that.

Beowulf

Arcane
Yeah, my first Voodoo was a thing of beauty. To this day one of the most impressive feats of hardware I've seen.

Ha! That brings back memories. I remember finally clicking that 3dfx chceckbox in the Myth menu.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom