Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The History of Bethesda Game Studios - Elder Scrolls / Fallout NoClip Documentary

Self-Ejected

RNGsus

Self-Ejected
The old negro rating for you.

Its too bad how Bethesda rose from a bankrupt but creative studio to a creatively bankrupt, billion-dollar powerhouse in a decade. Its almost impossible to imagine it was once an rpg, and not just trending or meming it's way through purgatory for decline.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected

Better version than the one that gutted out Julian LeFay

This video really put into perspective how creatively bankrupt Bethesda is today compared to how they were years ago. It's pretty saddening to be honest, I wonder if or how they can make TES VI into anything original to begin with, because Fallout 4 was really shallow and it seems like Fallout 76 will be even more so. Fallout 4 sold great, but I'm pretty sure it didn't sell better than Skyrim and the reception from even Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim fans was pretty lukewarm.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Marketing and Skyrim hype.
The marketing of Fallout 76 isn't really creating word of mouth and the reception doesn't really seem to be that great from the general public, so I don't believe that it will sell anywhere near as good as Fallout 4 did.

Cross

Arcane
Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Oh well, guess I'm wrong.
Regardless, it took 2 years after launch to overtake Skyrim.

Fairfax

Arcane
Fallout 4 sold great, but I'm pretty sure it didn't sell better than Skyrim and the reception from even Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim fans was pretty lukewarm.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallout_4
The game was a commercial and critical success, generating US$750 million within the first 24 hours of its launch
In early 2017, Pete Hines announced that Fallout 4 had sold more copies than Skyrim
*over the same period of time (first 15 months or so):

AFAIK they've never said it surpassed Skyrim's lifetime sales, which were at more than 30 million copies at that point.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Noclip must have gotten a fat check from Bethesda's Marketing department.

Next up "The animals in Bethesda games" followed by "The grass and the trees in Bethesda games".

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom