Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Hong Kong Massacre - Hotline Miami + John Woo

Eyeball

Arcane
Looks as if it'd get old fast. Hotline Miami worked due to the aesthetics, gameplay wasn't anything to write home about.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It looks nice. However, I would someday like my stylized, gratuitous violence to return to the first-person perspective that it used to take quite readily.

AlexOfSpades

Arcane
Looks fun but needs to be more fleshed out. So far it seems to be repetitive and too reminiscent of Hotline Miami - i'd like to see this game developing into something more unique.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Has potential. Obviously aping off of Hotline Miami's success, but is trying to go in its own direction stylistically. Will have to add alot of variety to the guns though, seeing as it looks as though the main focus to the combat will be gunfights.

Gozma

Arcane
I like guns akimbo guy just shooting one gun into a wall for no reason 90% of the time while he aims the other one. Maybe you should just aim bro

Ezekiel

Arcane
I'm sad that this is the closest thing I'm gonna get to another John Woo/Max Payne-like third person shooter. Aside from the cheaply made Double Action: Boogaloo. But I want it.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I think they're going for that classic John Woo look, where there's sparks and fragments of shattered glass flying into the eyes of all the actors and stuntmen.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I think they're going for that classic John Woo look, where there's sparks and fragments of shattered glass flying into the eyes of all the actors and stuntmen.

You might be right.

It always looked silly in John Woo flicks as well, but there the cuts don't make you linger on them for so long.

Ezekiel

Arcane

You might be right.

It always looked silly in John Woo flicks as well, but there the cuts don't make you linger on them for so long.

It's much more subdued in John Woo's movies. I see your point (post 16). The discharge does look ridiculous. I like all the destruction, though.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well it looks better than your average Hotline Miami clone, but I don't know if I'd want to pay full price for admission.

Sranchammer

Arcane
Vatnik
Miami is WORLDWIDE

ImmaculateJointKangaroo-size_restricted.gif

Hong Kong isn't.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom