Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Monthly is not what it used to either. With these sort of deals you either jump in quickly or you don't jump at all, once their build up their brand they just start selling C grade shovelware.

I don't like how they started padding it out with Trove titles and comics no one cares about. People are obviously there to get their Steam redeemable keys. Not to mention there have been multiple months with obvious front loading. We'll see this month.
By now I visit humblebundle mostly for the book bundles and judging by the numbers, I'm not the only one.

You can only buy every game once on steam, so that makes sense. One advantage of their book bundles is that I either like most of the bundle or nothing, other than games, where there are mostly none and if just one or maybe two games which interest me.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Well, there's the next one: Humble Stardock Bundle

$1
Sorcerer King: Rivals
Fallen Enchantress
The Political Machine 2016
The Corporate Machine

BTA (currently $5.23)
Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
Galactic Civilizations III
Fallen Enchantress Ultimate Edition (includes all DLC)

$15
Offworld Trading Company
Galactic Civilizations III: Crusade Expansion Pack
Ashes of the Singularity: Escalation

That's quite a step to the last layer.
Only Steam keys while the games I would be interested in are available on GOG. :argh:

Turjan

Arcane
Only Steam keys while the games I would be interested in are available on GOG. :argh:
Stardock is one of those developers that, at one time, had thoroughly pissed me off. I remember when they talked a lot about what a fair developer they wanted to be towards their customers, and that it would be a good idea to use their launcher. That was around the original release of GalCivII. Next thing was that they sold every upgrade to their games for full price, as all new version were standalone, and you got stuck with the non-patched old version if you didn't want to pay up. Needless to say, this didn't go over well with me.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Yeah, I'm not buying any Stardock games. I remember a friend recommended Fallen Enchantress to me way back. How many bloody releases of that game are there? It looks like they just abandoned the game several times only to release a "new" game that's pretty much an expansion pack, or a patched version of the old game.
Nah, I'll pass.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah, I'm not buying any Stardock games. I remember a friend recommended Fallen Enchantress to me way back. How many bloody releases of that game are there? It looks like they just abandoned the game several times only to release a "new" game that's pretty much an expansion pack, or a patched version of the old game.
Nah, I'll pass.
Well, in its original form (as Elemental) it was an unplayable, horribly designed mess (actually literally unplayable on release, it shipped bugged), and they've since been incrementally trying, and failing, to improve it. Any friend who recommends the game to you, even after years of incremental changes, is not a good friend though.

Don Peste

Arcane
Explore the Humble Trove
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/trove

Discover a treasure trove of games! Humble Monthly subscribers have access to our full catalog of Humble Originals and other DRM-free gems.
JBLv51z.jpg
The Humble Trove has 7 new games this month: The End is Nigh, Alan Wake’s American Nightmare, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, LIMBO, Gone Home, Shadowrun Returns, and Teslagrad. These games are available for active Humble Monthly subscribers.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I only wanted one game from the October Humbly Monthly Bundle. I sold the rest for $17. I've been doing this for over a year now.

Gord

Arcane
Not super interested in most of the October Humble Monthly Bundle.
Got it mainly for RotTR because I needed a good benchmark/something nice to look at for my new pc.
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Wargame: Red Dragon
Furi
Orwell: Keeping an Eye On You
Seasons after Fall
The Shrouded Isle
Scanner Sombre
Getting Over It
Guess one or two will be fun enough.
Should make a gift session of all the bundle stuff I'm never going to use eventually...

Last edited:

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Ended up with quite a few titles from my wishlist. Current month, though... Weak incentives.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yea I know people are stupid. Doesn't cover the monthly cost though, good luck getting $3 out of whatever other 3 year old indie junk they cram into the bundle.
I make a profit almost every month. The only time I don't, is when I keep some keys that I actually want.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Nu-bundle.

$1 for Borderlands 1 + DLC, Van Helsing + all its sequels, and some shit called WURM unlimited.

BTA tier (around $4-5 now) is Borderlands 2 + character and level cap DLC, Endless Legend (w/o any DLC), and Guild of Dungeoneering.

$10 for Borderplands Pre-sequel.

I bought at $4.50 since I was missing one of the BL2 characters plus I'd give Endless Legend a try. $1 for BL1 + DLC is a great deal if you're truly kewl and want to play Derpablo with guns.

sser

Arcane
Developer
EL's combat is like a wet noodle pool fight, but everything else is leagues beyond the competition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom