Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Get on it quick to get a good BTA. You know, if you want PoE1 and Tyranny.
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/rpgs-2019

Tier 1 - $1
Game
Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
HIVESWAP: ACT 1
95% of 2525 1.20 CV app/623940 W M L 2 $7.99
Deep Sky Derelicts 74% of 599 3.00 CV app/698640 W M L 0 $19.99
Immortal Planet 88% of 120 - 2.25 CV app/631980 W 0 $14.99

Tier 2 - BTA (lowest so far: $3.99 + $0.01)
Game Ratings Cards Cheevos Details Platforms Bundled Retail Price
Tyranny
86% of 5591 4.50 CV app/362960 W M L 1 $29.99
Pillars of Eternity 85% of 8429 4.50 CV app/291650 W M L 2 $29.99
Cat Quest 96% of 2355 1.95 CV app/593280 W M 0 $12.99

Tier 3 - $15
Borderlands GOTY Enhanced
73% of 2668 - 4.50 CV app/729040 W 2 $29.99

rohand

Cipher
Get on it quick to get a good BTA. You know, if you want PoE1 and Tyranny.
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/rpgs-2019

Tier 1 - $1
HIVESWAP: ACT 1
95% of 2525 1.20 CV app/623940 W M L 2 $7.99
Deep Sky Derelicts 74% of 599 3.00 CV app/698640 W M L 0 $19.99
Immortal Planet 88% of 120 - 2.25 CV app/631980 W 0 $14.99

Tier 2 - BTA (lowest so far: $3.99 + $0.01)
Tyranny
86% of 5591 4.50 CV app/362960 W M L 1 $29.99
Pillars of Eternity 85% of 8429 4.50 CV app/291650 W M L 2 $29.99
Cat Quest 96% of 2355 1.95 CV app/593280 W M 0 $12.99

Tier 3 - $15
Borderlands GOTY Enhanced
73% of 2668 - 4.50 CV app/729040 W 2 $29.99

Will get the first tier for DSD and IP.

Already got tier 2 except for Cat Quest (WTF?)

Tier 3 is retarded - that game has had ridiculous discounts already!

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Reminder there are some Humble Bundle changes in the works coming before 2019 is out. Primarily, tiered pricing and restrictions.
https://www.humblebundle.com/monthly/classic

Humble Choice subscription will replace Humble Monthly later this year with new-updated price plans:

• Lite – 0 games, access to Humble Trove, 10% discount for Humble Store – priced $4.99/month
  • Basic – 3 games of your choice, access to Humble Trove, 10% discount for Humble Store – priced $14.99/month
  • Premium – 9 games of your choice, access to Humble Trove, 20% discount for Humble Store – priced $19.99/month
  • Classic (for current subscribers) – 10 games of your choice, access to Humble Trove, 20% discount for Humble Store – priced $12.00/month
There will no longer be any mystery unlocks. You will get to choose 3 or 9 or 10 games per month (depending on your price plan).

b92404a7aae3536ddc8cd1b06f3d9efb8667_740xt.jpg

DON'T MISS OUT ON THE CLASSIC PLAN
Make sure you subscribe to Humble Monthly and don't cancel before the transformation to Humble Choice occurs. Once the new rules are live, you will only lose access Classic plan if you cancel your subscription.

You can pause your subscription any month - this will not affect your ability to stay on the classic plan.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My Monthly subscription ends in November and I had no plans to renew. Seems like I'm clairvoyant.

Modron

Arcane
Funny that something named choice seems to offer less choice than current monthly deal.

Tom Selleck

Arcane
TBH, I'm not sure how this is any worse? If it means I don't have to get some of the low-tier shovelware I normally get, it's a lateral move at worst.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
TBH, I'm not sure how this is any worse? If it means I don't have to get some of the low-tier shovelware I normally get, it's a lateral move at worst.

It's because some people are not using recurring payment and judge on month-by-month offerings whether they sub or not for that specific month. Being subscribed BEFORE they implement this change seems to be the only way to keep paying the customary $12 subscription fee and that's probably the main reason behind this - to keep people on consistent payment plans. One good thing to come out of this is the fact they'll be revealing all games included upfront.

Modron

Arcane
Downside is they are raising the prices, that classic won't outlast the last yearlong subscription you made for sure.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I was always suspicious of the monthly subscription plan for some reason, hence why I never signed up for it. Not starting now, as I only use Humble Bundle for the rare occasion when a game is DRM-free exclusively at their store.

Well shit, that's a straight downgrade. Price increase for fewer games presumably because people were just selling their extra keys off for shit they didn't want. I usually end up skipping most Humble monthlies, but I might subscribe on this current one and then leave it up just to see what the next it and judge if I want to cancel or just let it roll on at $12, bearing in mind I can sell the extras. If anything that might drive up the price of the aftermarket keys since people wouldn't be buying in on them as easily as they are now, so less supply going around. Not looking to make a profit but it'll probably be worth subscribing just so I can hock the shit I don't care about so I can continue getting the scraps I do want for dirt cheap. Just more of a pain in the ass now, thanks Humble. :argh:

Then again it's likely only a matter of time before they slip in some EGS keys in there so that might be reason to steer clear.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Who is even in charge of these things?

In case it gets changed they apparently leaked the next Humble Monthly up-front offerings. Or they're baiting to get people to subscribe.

asd.jpg

Who is even in charge of these things?
It appears they nuked the tweet scant minutes after you posted, since it was dead 2-3 minutes after you tossed the post up. Don't really give a shit about Portia, but Soul Calibur and Yakuza sound pretty agreeable to me. I'm not a fan of most fighting games but I liked Soul Calibur.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How many games are there to choose from?

Humble Choice plans to launch with 10 games to choose from each month. How many games you get to keep will depend on the plan you are subscribed to. More information on those plans is available here.
So at best, we get to choose 10 games among 10?
If they had made it 20, or even 10 among 15, it would not have looked like a straight downgrade.
Granted, some month had less than 10 games (8 for september, 8 for novermber).

Spyro CoD and Crash Bandycot were from last month iirc.

If they had made it 20, or even 10 among 15, it would not have looked like a straight downgrade.
It still arguably would, because it's $15 a month for 3 games if you aren't a "Classic" subscriber. So even with a better selection you'd be getting slim pickings at the new regular rate. Then the premium rate of $20 a month, which is worse than "Classic" which only costs $12 a month. Just seems like a completely transparent attempt to get people to subscribe at the current $12 plan and then since there's no more early reveals, drive the quality of the games off a cliff. Which I assume means they're planning on killing Humble monthly (Calling Choice the same thing) since this feels like a strategy to grab as much cash as they can before they go out. It's still working on me though, since the last two monthlies were tempting enough for me to buy in and I figure I'll give Choice a few months to see if it's god-awful before I cancel my subscription.

Oh, interesting. I actually read the email they sent about about Humble Choice and noticed this part of it:
"Can I pause and keep my Classic plan?
Yes. The only way a subscriber will lose access to the Classic plan is to cancel. A subscriber may pause at any time."

And they say that billing regularly happens on the last Friday of the month unless you choose to pay earlier, so it sounds like we can potentially pause and resume and keep the $12 a month price if there's a month of shit you don't like, we just have to "Pause" rather than "Cancel". Never actually paused a Humble subscription so I assume there's a gotcha in there like it only pauses for a single month or something to try to get people to forget about it rather than just canceling, but that's nice if Choice ends up being a complete shitshow. Basically just have to subscribe to the current monthly and let it keep running into December, and then on the 6th it sounds like you're shown the games in that Choice and then you can decide to buy-in, pause, or leave it (In which case you get billed on the last Friday of December).

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, interesting. I actually read the email they sent about about Humble Choice and noticed this part of it:
"Can I pause and keep my Classic plan?
Yes. The only way a subscriber will lose access to the Classic plan is to cancel. A subscriber may pause at any time."

And they say that billing regularly happens on the last Friday of the month unless you choose to pay earlier, so it sounds like we can potentially pause and resume and keep the $12 a month price if there's a month of shit you don't like, we just have to "Pause" rather than "Cancel". Never actually paused a Humble subscription so I assume there's a gotcha in there like it only pauses for a single month or something to try to get people to forget about it rather than just canceling, but that's nice if Choice ends up being a complete shitshow. Basically just have to subscribe to the current monthly and let it keep running into December, and then on the 6th it sounds like you're shown the games in that Choice and then you can decide to buy-in, pause, or leave it (In which case you get billed on the last Friday of December).

This is how the Humble Monthly has worked already. You can just pause every month, but yeah it only pauses it for that month. After a few months of pauses they try to offer you $2 off the next bundle, so I just waited for one I actually waited and still went to pause it, then when it offered me the discount said sure. :cool:

This is how the Humble Monthly has worked already. You can just pause every month, but yeah it only pauses it for that month. After a few months of pauses they try to offer you $2 off the next bundle, so I just waited for one I actually waited and still went to pause it, then when it offered me the discount said sure. :cool:
I knew pausing existed in the monthly, I just never used it since I'd rather cancel and renew with no chance to forget it's running. They'd occasionally offer me the $2 off discounts too though, so it wasn't unique to just pausing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom