Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

the interface/solid HUD threaaaad

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
RIPP.png

Latest iteration with
- linked weapons sets slots
- character perma-death art
- custom formations popup window
- camp button, action buttons & money counter reallocation

full 1920x1080 resolution here:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I can't repeat this enough: you are doing a fantastic work with this. But it hurts me that it probably won't make into the game ever. :( At least not in this form.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
ACTION_BARS.png

Action recovery bars integrated within the portraits

full resolution

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
j5M4jR.gif

still not enough view area for fuck's sake? :)

saving the .gif screwed with the animation speed (should have been faster)

full resolution of the final state:

Last edited:

iZerw

Arcane
Vatnik
Back in the day we had D1 patches, now we have D1 mods. Good job, Obsidian!

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
REverse.png

The main UI reversed.

The spells/abilities buttons being most used during gameplay, these buttons located on the left side of the screen offers better ergonomics for right hand mouse users. (?)

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Nope, sorry. Portraits on the left are just awkward.

But your UI design is brilliant and I very much hope to see it implemented someday.

dukeofwhales

Cipher
In terms of ergonomics, Obsidian is actually correct in having the log to the right hand side as it rarely requires interaction. I suspect portraits on the left just looks weird because we're used to having them on the right, but even so given the option I would use portraits on the RHS and cop the extra mouse actions.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
This is truly some great work Grotesque. The thing with solid HUDs though, is that they require a lot of work to look good on all resolutions. You'll either gonna have to do awkward fills/cuts, or a shiton of work. Of course you could always just provide only a fixed 1080p solid UI, since most people would be probably using that resolution.

But that would be fucking popamole. :troll:

dukeofwhales

Cipher
This is truly some great work Grotesque. The thing with solid HUDs though, is that they require a lot of work to look good on all resolutions. You'll either gonna have to do awkward fills/cuts, or a shiton of work.

And if anyone knows how much work this is going to be, it's this guy.

p.s. pls support 1440p.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
chantssss.png

more spells buttons to accomodate ten spells tiers and redesigned active chantes indicators

also new portraits

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
In terms of ergonomics, Obsidian is actually correct in having the log to the right hand side as it rarely requires interaction. I suspect portraits on the left just looks weird because we're used to having them on the right, but even so given the option I would use portraits on the RHS and cop the extra mouse actions.

The log should have been in the middle, because you actually want to read what happens in the combat log. You can't read it on the fly when it's in a corner.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik

SUP_SUP.png

New icons for buffs and afflictions inside character portraits.
Satin drapes adorning the weapons sets.
New design for active chants indicators.
Ten spells tiers buttons, the same as the grimoire.

VifGQV.gif

Jtp-Mw.gif

tDyIE6.gif

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Those vertical white bordered columns at the weapon slots doesn't look good. They look like if the were just cut at the top. Otherwise, great job.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Those vertical white bordered columns at the weapon slots doesn't look good. They look like if the were just cut at the top. Otherwise, great job.

ENKBvd.gif

You can pick your poison from these ten variations :)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer

ENKBvd.gif

You can pick your poison from these ten variations :)
Actually I think they don't fit at all, neither of them. There should be an option to remove it (if if becomes a reality sometimes). The pure brown wood and the lighter white coloumns don't mix well IMO. Plus, you don't use this kind of textures anywhere else on the UI, so it look really out of place. As soon as I look at the picture, it strikes me in an instant that something is not right. :) The same thing with the ABCD on the right, next to the spell selection.

You are doing great work with the UI, but don't overdo it. :) You don't have to fill every square millimeter with something.

Last edited:

Arhu

Novice
The main UI reversed.

The spells/abilities buttons being most used during gameplay, these buttons located on the left side of the screen offers better ergonomics for right hand mouse users. (?)

I love this! Where can I download? Portraits on the right look very strange to me actually, even on some old BG2 screen shots I've seen, but this reversed version is perfect.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Worked a bit on an UI mod of mine. I find this pretty reasonable, any suggestions what I could do better? I would need Bester 's help to recolorize the Ability and Tooltip windows though. I have no idea how they are saved as assets in the game.

pillarsofeternity2015kjkxs.png

agris

Arcane
Patron
Worked a bit on an UI mod of mine. I find this pretty reasonable, any suggestions what I could do better? I would need Bester 's help to recolorize the Ability and Tooltip windows though. I have no idea how they are saved as assets in the game.

pillarsofeternity2015kjkxs.png
That looks good Surf, but it's really uncomfortable to read text across an entire 1920+ pixel-wide screen. I hope it allows us to reduce the width of the log.

On a related note, is there a hotkey to switch between combat-log and dialogue-log?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom