Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last Guardian

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
WHAT THE FUCK
I need a hatefist in addition to my goldfist. FUCK

hackncrazy

Savant
Man, I can't believe that in 30 fucking days I'll be playing The Last Guardian and Final Fantasy XV.

Something very bad is going to happen in the world during this time...this can't be true.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Trump somehow wins so the elite launch the emergency nukes...

Well, at least I still have my canned food and water from the BadSelfEater thing.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Ico and SotC combined, this will be the best game of PS4 and quite possibly one of the better games ever:dance:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
A short Q&A with Fumito Ueda

On the personal inspirations behind The Last Guardian:
  • “Trico is a hybrid of sorts, a mixture of a cat, a dog, a bird, and the like. It might represent a motif. When I was younger, I grew up in a home that had a bunch of animals. My experiences with them are great memories that I still have. In creating Trico, I didn’t really have to do any specific research because it’s a creature that obviously doesn’t exist. But it’s really all based on my childhood memories, the way I interacted with the animals, the way they reacted to me.
On his proudest accomplishment with The Last Guardian:
  • “I would have to say that it’s what we were able to accomplish with the character of Trico. Its behavior, everything about it. We were basically breathing life into a creature that has never been created, a new character, which is very difficult. How does it feel to actually feed Trico? I want players to experience what that feels like.”
On other gaming inspirations:
  • “There are some games that have opened my eyes and influenced me in big ways. Prince of Persia is one, and Another World. This may come as a surprise, but Virtua Fighter is another… What they all have in common is the intricacy of the animation. I’m always curious in finding ways that animation can help breathe new life into characters — that’s an element that will always appeal to me.”
On the long-anticipated launch of The Last Guardian:
  • “It’s quite simple… at the end of playing through the game, if the player feels the existence of Trico, like it’s really there, then we have accomplished what we set out to do.”
Mention of Prince of Persia and Another World:
incline.png

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Who is the Last Guardian? is the boy the guardian of the beast ? or the beast is the guardian of the boy ? :philosoraptor:

lightbane

Arcane
Agro was way cooler than this freakish chimera thing. At least we can be sure the gameplay will be good. Hopefully.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom