Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Last of Us

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.gameinformer.com/p/lastofus.aspx

Includes first 3 ingame screenshots.

Okay. Sad rowdy playing protector of 15 year old teen girl. It's the wet American virgin dream.

Wonder if this is just another movie with some mediocre gameplay thrown in a'la Uncharted, or if there's more to it.

Luzur

Good Sir
ok, fungus somehow taking over humans? isnt ant brains and human brains abit too different to make that possible?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Not for PC, shame. Pass.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
ok, fungus somehow taking over humans? isnt ant brains and human brains abit too different to make that possible?
We already have ant zombies IRL, how could you don't know there is almost no difference between human and ant :smug:

At first I thought it's gonna be sth like Ubisoft "Im Alive". Then... zombies. Oh God, no.

MisterStone

Arcane
A few years ago I would have said that it looks promising. Now I expect that they'll take what could be a decent game and make it into a dumbed down hand-holding animated movie of a game, similar to most games like this. The hype will say it's an open-world struggle for survival, but in the game we'll get, it will be impossible to die, and quest markers will abound.

FUck, when I look at what cames are capable of being today and compare that with what they almost always turn out to be, I just want to :rage:

CorpseZeb

Learned

I saw once a while, documentary about fungus (fungus based infection) that eaten a men face. All of it. Literary. Seriously. So... well... yes...

Ps. Hm. Looking at that "girl" form the game. Nope. Doesn't work. Zero ... thoughts. Far cry from SH's...

MetalCraze

Arcane
Granted though, it's not your typical dumbfuck Zombiegame (mmmh brainz!!!!1), but a survival action adventure. There's potential, at least.
I have yet to see a zombie survival action adventure - not the zombie shooting gallery adventure like RE.
The sole fact that it's a game for consoles means that it will be a zombie shooter #126.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Granted though, it's not your typical dumbfuck Zombiegame (mmmh brainz!!!!1), but a survival action adventure. There's potential, at least.
I have yet to see a zombie survival action adventure - not the zombie shooting gallery adventure like RE.
The sole fact that it's a game for consoles means that it will be a zombie shooter #126.

Nah, Naughty Dog are professionals, not a bunch of stupid nerds like BioWhore or DoubleBear (sorry fags).

I think they can pull it off. If not, please continue the usual ranting blah blah etc.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver

Nah, Naughty Dog are professionals, not a bunch of stupid nerds like BioWhore or DoubleBear (sorry fags).

I think they can pull it off. If not, please continue the usual ranting blah blah etc.

3 hours of stuff collapsing around you while you hold the joystick in one direction and press jump by Naughty Dog.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Guise, I see your point here. But that's just how these first-party Sony studios tick: Cinematics perfection 1st priority, gameplay somewhere 5th.

But what they're doing is at least of the highest quality, and the characters and writing, while stereotypes, aren't so painfully embarrasing like most other games. It's okay to enjoy these Hollywood-bombast games once in a while, as long as this doesn't become the norm.

As for the TLOU gameplay, we haven't really seen anything substantial yet. Can't be worse than Uncharted though.

MetalCraze

Arcane
But what they're doing is at least of the highest quality, and the characters and writing, while stereotypes, aren't so painfully embarrasing like most other games.
Most other games have no writing, but that's very reassuring.

It's okay to enjoy these Hollywood-bombast games once in a while, as long as this doesn't become the norm.

It didn't become a norm yet? Take a random console shiter of today and what do you see?

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Dead Island was made by some cheap-labor Polack firm I've not even heard of, not to mention Deep Silver isn't exactly known for quality products. What did you expect? Competing with a highly-skilled Californian firm with a giant like Sony backing it?

Naughty Dog would be fucking stupid to make a silly L4D single-player zombie-fest. They gotta do better, they have to.

It didn't become a norm yet? Take a random console shiter of today and what do you see?

Hardly. There aren't many AAA devs out there who can deliver such a smooth experience with such polish and technical/artistical excellence. There are, however, many dumbfuck developers out there trying to clone those, and fail. I tend to ignore these.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom