Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
:lol:
vur_dfd.png

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
Holy shit, it looks like Christmas came early! Now we only need trails of cold steel 3 pc confirmation and the crossbell games.

Deleted member 7219

Fucking amazing news. I'm a bit butthurt that I won't be able to NG plus on PC (I've got my saves on the PS3), but being able to play TOCS in 1080p, 60 FPS is worth it.

Just need to finish my TOCS 2 playthrough and finally retire the PS3 to the attic :D

Deleted member 7219

Furthermore, I plan on displaying the two chievos for pursuing Sara (one from each game) in my achievement showcase on my Steam profile page.

My Game Collector showcase is going to have four of the five Trails games!

Deleted member 7219

Question. Does TitS 3 have some good storyfaggotry going for it (like 1 and 2), or is it just dungeon crawling?

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Maybe it was just awkward wording on her part but if they're not working with Falcom on the PC versions where are these 'new scenes' coming from?

Regardless, this is great. Rean being mute in 90% of the scenes when other characters were voiced always felt really weird. I'm also glad I put my CS play through on hold; I can't imagine replaying through those mammoth JRPGs so soon.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Major Mikhail

“Schwarzer, what is sought here is not a heroic deed by The Ashen Knight.”

28 years old. An elite, special duty major of the Railway Military Police. He fought alongside Prince Olivert during the civil war. Although he openly shows the rival spirit towards Claire Rieveldt, who is of the same rank, he worries about her. He is dispatched to Thors Military Academy Reaves II Branch School as a chief professor, but his true objective is to monitor Aurelia, a person of necessary caution, and uses the school as a countermeasure against Jaeger and societies that maneuver in secret.

Does this mean Claire will be in the game?

:bounce:

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

No spoilers in quotes please. Haven't finished TOCS 2 yet. Some, like Crooked Bee haven't played them at all.

Heresiarch

Prophet
Have any of you guys played FC in both Japanese (or Chinese) and English version, and have checked if any context is lost in the English version?

I have bought the Steam XSEED version but I've been wondering if I should install an unofficial Chinese fan translation patch, or just go with English. Almost every single JRPG I've played that are sold in the west would have like 10-20% of dialogue that the translated text is a bit off or even completely different compared to the original content (easily noticed if you play in English text + Japanese VA). FC does not have voice acting so I must completely rely on the English text and I won't be able to notice bad translations.

The Chinese translation patch is an option for me since I am a native speaker, but it's pretty bug AFAIK.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I don't speak Japanese so I have no idea but XSEED has written about some changes they've made and issues/difficulties regarding translation in their localization blogs.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I cant wait to play the third. Septian church is such an interesting organization.

On one side, they run kindergarten, school and hospitals, with regular nuns amd priest. Pretty much on the surface they are the perfect goody two shoes bunch.

On the other side they have people like kevin who doesnt hold back using lethal artifacts and manipulation to protect artifacts and secrets. God knows how much control they assert on that world with their invisible hands. Their best combatants are able to go toe to toe with ouroboros enforcers too. They are pretty much illuninati or the knights templar with monopoly of WMDs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom