Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

Deleted member 7219

Claire was fucking amazing I agree. Got a strong vibe from her at the end of CS2 like she wanted something more.

Heresiarch

Prophet
I'm getting close to the end in FC (finshed the tournament) and the game is awesome. Running around to extract all the dialogues from NPC is really annoying though...

I love how all the characters are so adorable...even though I'm not a lolicon in general, Tita is so cute, sweet, delicious and makes me want to hug and squeeze her. Although I still hold Kloe as best girl so far.

Now I've heard that in SC I will need to choose between Kloe vs Olivier as a party member...wtf is this shit? That's basically forcing me to replay the damn game (which I've heard last for 80+ hours), egh.

Declinator

Arbiter
If you ignore everything else is the combat good enough to carry these games? How is it compared to, say, FFT?

flyingjohn

Arcane

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
These aren't tactics games so naturally the combat isn't as complex as dedicated tactics games but it's much better than your typical JRPG.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
I'm getting close to the end in FC (finshed the tournament) and the game is awesome. Running around to extract all the dialogues from NPC is really annoying though...

I love how all the characters are so adorable...even though I'm not a lolicon in general, Tita is so cute, sweet, delicious and makes me want to hug and squeeze her. Although I still hold Kloe as best girl so far.

Now I've heard that in SC I will need to choose between Kloe vs Olivier as a party member...wtf is this shit? That's basically forcing me to replay the damn game (which I've heard last for 80+ hours), egh.
Eh, it's between Agate and Schera IIRC.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
You need to choose Agate or Schera as your companion after the prologue but the other one joins after chapter 3. Olivier and Kloe join during chapter one and both are available for the whole game.

Deleted member 7219

One of the things I love most about this series is its ability to surprise and engage me when I least expect it.

I was getting tired of the dungeon crawling so I started Schera's moon door, hoping at least for some good plot. And it started in Grancel. Not long after I did an entire chapter dungeon crawling through an alternate version of that city. "Fuck that," I thought and didn't play for a week.

Last night I decided to give it another go, thought I'd play maybe half an hour, and five hours later it was 2 am, on a work night, and I was still playing. Schera's moon door is that good.

Not sure why - nothing EPIC!!! happens - but the writing seems pretty good.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
One of the things I love most about this series is its ability to surprise and engage me when I least expect it.

I was getting tired of the dungeon crawling so I started Schera's moon door, hoping at least for some good plot. And it started in Grancel. Not long after I did an entire chapter dungeon crawling through an alternate version of that city. "Fuck that," I thought and didn't play for a week.

Last night I decided to give it another go, thought I'd play maybe half an hour, and five hours later it was 2 am, on a work night, and I was still playing. Schera's moon door is that good.

Not sure why - nothing EPIC!!! happens - but the writing seems pretty good.
Her moon door is one of my fave ones, along with the Tita/Agate ones and the Olivier/Mueller one.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i talked to everyone during shcera's door multiple times even in that short time frame they managed to give all the citizens in grancel a backstory (like the orbment vendor guys just starting out their business, the couple next door was just getting married and impulse buy a home on the capital, hell even the general's daughter anticipating for new baby that you see in theFC and SC, the fishermen's guild, etc) these are fucking excellent details they put in, and so far only this series put so much attention to detail to NPCs.

it turns out not just fancy graphics or animation or fancy NPC scripting with elaborate NPC schedule that can make a world feels alive. it is just a simple matter of giving everyone a little personality, a story of them living everyday's life just like ours that the players have no agency to, just able to watch and observe how their mini-arcs develop and their life unfold. schera's door reminds me why i ADORE this series so much.

Deleted member 7219

Finished Schera's Moon Door. Went back to base to buy some new quartz. Now Olivier's in my party and ready to light shit up.

Should finish Chapter 4 soon.

Party: Zane, Joshua, Olivier, Kevin. Joshua's required at the moment, and I can't use Ries, otherwise I'd have replaced Zane with someone else (Zane's ok as a fighter but boring as a character).

Lhynn

Arcane
Ok, you insuferable faggots have convinced me, im going to play it this weekend. The 3rd one or whatever the fuck, unless you recommend a different starting point.

Deleted member 7219

Ok, you insuferable faggots have convinced me, im going to play it this weekend. The 3rd one or whatever the fuck, unless you recommend a different starting point.

Have you completed any of the previous games? Don't start with the 3rd! Start with the first, Trails in the Sky.

Also, if you aren't a storyfag you're not going to like these games. They have a great combat system, but there's a LOT of story too.

Lhynn

Arcane
Im not a storyfag, but i enjoy a good story. I dont really favor any element of a game above others.

Nomad_Blizz

Arcane
I've already installed it- it feels great playing it again on updated graphics. However, I have a few nitpicks...I'm not a big fan of the new character portraits and since it's a Japanese title the O and X buttons are inverted. Is there any way to change them?

Anyway, TitS FC remains my favorite game in the trails series. All the other titles the TocS series or even TitS SC failed to capture me the same way FC did even though they have better gameplay. I've yet to play the 3rd though.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom