Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Legend of Heroes Thread - Trails of Cold Steel in the Sky

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i heard cold steel 3 is really dependent on the knowledge you got from zero and ao. true?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Some detail regarding battle systems: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/06/3...eel-iii-details-new-break-heightened-systems/

Basically enemies have a Break meter and Overdrive mode. Breaking enemies by depleting their Break meter makes them more vulnerable and drops more loot. Overdrive/Heightened mode is when the enemies become uber strong and capable of using special Crafts. To take them out of the mode you need to Break them.

Basically the devd took lessons from Japanese mobile-RPG battle design in which similar system is incredibly prominent. Dunno whether it is good or not tho. Depending on execution might actually spice combat up a bit, although I never played CS series so I wouldn't know.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
it's July

where's my fucking game

:x

Yes, I realize it'll probably be released towards the middle or end of the month.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Finished Star door 15 in Trails the 3rd, and let's just say that I know see why it was censored in previous JP releases. It's just as disturbing as it is fascinating, and by far the darkest part of the franchise.

Deleted member 7219

Finished Star door 15 in Trails the 3rd, and let's just say that I know see why it was censored in previous JP releases. It's just as disturbing as it is fascinating, and by far the darkest part of the franchise.

I'm not far behind you. I'm not at Star Door 15 yet, but I can imagine who it features. I'm about to finish Plane 6. Spent the last few hours of last night trying to complete all difficulty levels of the Mirannaire game. Some of the questions are ridiculous. "What was the colour of the scarf worn by a character you met once in Bose?"

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron

I'm not far behind you. I'm not at Star Door 15 yet, but I can imagine who it features. I'm about to finish Plane 6. Spent the last few hours of last night trying to complete all difficulty levels of the Mirannaire game. Some of the questions are ridiculous. "What was the colour of the scarf worn by a character you met once in Bose?"[/QUOTE
Since the question eventually repeats, you just have to memorize it.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In

I'm not far behind you. I'm not at Star Door 15 yet, but I can imagine who it features. I'm about to finish Plane 6. Spent the last few hours of last night trying to complete all difficulty levels of the Mirannaire game. Some of the questions are ridiculous. "What was the colour of the scarf worn by a character you met once in Bose?"
pro-tip: Star door 15 is in the optional Abyss dungeon that you get from a certain spoiler character in the middle of the hermit garden. Also, Star door 14 can't be accessed until you do all the other doors(including star door 15).

And like hobo said, memorization is key.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Just a head's up for anyone trying Trails in the Sky on win7 64. The game crashed on startup until I added administrator privileges and WinXP compatibility to both config.exe and the game exe (ed6.exe or something). It still shows some runtime error warnings, but they can be ignored. Just let them be (don't press "OK") and play the game.

Deleted member 7219

Finished Plane 6 last night.

Without spoiling too much, Kevin's past is super edgy. But at least he isn't some child-slapping edgelord like Agate.

I've got Renne's Star Door and Star Doors 14 and 15 left to do. I also need to finish the Arena. Any idea on how I can start Arena on hard mode? I noticed on another forum someone mentioned you need to get an item behind a blue door in the Looking Glass, but I can't quite face running all around that place again (I did a ton of level grinding and item hunting in there already).

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Invitation for the hard mode is in the Ouroboros lab and the invitation for the nightmare mode is in the abyss dungeon.

Deleted member 7219

Invitation for the hard mode is in the Ouroboros lab and the invitation for the nightmare mode is in the abyss dungeon.

Ouroboros lab = Looking Glass?

EDIT: The guide on GameFAQs has been updated. It's on level three.

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Finished the game yesterday, t'was a good experience and the ending was like a heartfelt goodbye to the liberl arc/sky trilogy.

Oh and i highly recommend one assign "Genesic barrier" to your Kevin/Reis main team at the end, it's a godsend for the final boss.

Deleted member 7219

I've completed every door (apart from the final moon door which I assume is a spoiler door for the very end) and I've also completed the abyss and geared up my main party.

I'm still getting hammered on the final nightmare arena fight, though. Kevin, Ries, Olivier, Anelace, all level 139.

I've decided to swap out Olivier for Kloe - she's got much better crafts - so I've gone back to the abyss to level her up.

The Steam forums have lots of good strategies for the arena fight but I'm going to try to do it my way.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Some general pro tips:

-keeping your party spread out is essential in nightmare arena and other fights where enemies have devastating AoE attacks, like Loewe, Walter or Cassius Bright. Generally a good idea in the late game when you have all the maximum range buffs.

-some of the best gear in the game is only dropped by certain enemies in this game (not others), so always keep the information quartz on and check your monster codex for drop lists. IIRC, Kaleido Armor +3 is the best generic armor for men and Schwartz Silk +3 for women, both or at least one of those can be found on some abyss enemies.

-the Shining Emblem you get from the final abyss boss boosts your agility by an absurd amount and the ninja gear you can get from those statue enemies at Erbe Scenic Route also boosts it by 100 points each IIRC. You can use those to build an evasion tank, which also highlights how useless agility is this trilogy, since those three items plus Sylphen Guard spell are the only ways to reach a reliable dodge rate. Evasion is much better stat in Cold Steel games.

-Richard and Joshua are the best physical attackers IMO. Joshua has the best speed, best S-craft and overall great stats while Richard is mostly the same, except with best single target S-craft and he can get multiple turns in a row with Luminous Divider or Luminous Ogre Slash.

-Kloe and Olivier are the best casters, though Renne is very good too.

-while Kevin gets some epic offensive S-crafts in this game, it's probably not a good idea to use them so you can always have his Grail Sphere as a panic button.

-the sepith limit per battle is much higher in this game so you can get hundreds of each sepith for massacring multiple shining poms in a battle.

Deleted member 7219

Some general pro tips:

-keeping your party spread out is essential in nightmare arena and other fights where enemies have devastating AoE attacks, like Loewe, Walter or Cassius Bright. Generally a good idea in the late game when you have all the maximum range buffs.

-some of the best gear in the game is only dropped by certain enemies in this game (not others), so always keep the information quartz on and check your monster codex for drop lists. IIRC, Kaleido Armor +3 is the best generic armor for men and Schwartz Silk +3 for women, both or at least one of those can be found on some abyss enemies.

-the Shining Emblem you get from the final abyss boss boosts your agility by an absurd amount and the ninja gear you can get from those statue enemies at Erbe Scenic Route also boosts it by 100 points each IIRC. You can use those to build an evasion tank, which also highlights how useless agility is this trilogy, since those three items plus Sylphen Guard spell are the only ways to reach a reliable dodge rate. Evasion is much better stat in Cold Steel games.

-Richard and Joshua are the best physical attackers IMO. Joshua has the best speed, best S-craft and overall great stats while Richard is mostly the same, except with best single target S-craft and he can get multiple turns in a row with Luminous Divider or Luminous Ogre Slash.

-Kloe and Olivier are the best casters, though Renne is very good too.

-while Kevin gets some epic offensive S-crafts in this game, it's probably not a good idea to use them so you can always have his Grail Sphere as a panic button.

-the sepith limit per battle is much higher in this game so you can get hundreds of each sepith for massacring multiple shining poms in a battle.

Thanks. I've swapped Ries for Joshua - at least for the nightmare arena battle. Just with the accessory and gem setup I've given him his speed looks stupidly high and he's only at level 126. Going to grind abyss now to get him to 139.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
My party for loewe/bright fight is kevin who just spam his defense s craft, ries the main attacker with the holy aura or whAtever to heal, then cloe with healing arts and olivier with attack and support.

Made the fight fairly bearable except when cassius spam his flash attack that attack everyone

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
How class VII looks in Cold Steel 3.

The-_Legend-of-_Heroes-_Trails-of-_Cold-_Steel-3-1.jpg

more info and in-game screens here: http://www.dualshockers.com/trails-cold-steel-3-new-screenshots/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom