Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Nintendo knows they are not selling a lot of consoles compared to xbone or sony that's why they want to make it as cheap to produce to maximise production-sale cost effectivness ratio, that's why they use old hardware tech wise and the console can't even run 1080p today......

Kraszu

Prophet
Nintendo knows they are not selling a lot of consoles compared to xbone or sony that's why they want to make it as cheap to produce to maximise production-sale cost effectivness ratio, that's why they use old hardware tech wise and the console can't even run 1080p today......

Actually it is the other way around, Sony, and xbox one were outdated at release, switch is actually using the top technology for a handheld of this size (at least gpu wise). As for 1080p that is a buzzword there is no console that can max games in 1080p, you need pc for that.

Last edited:

Kraszu

Prophet
there is no console that can max games in 1080p
there are

Except when they analyze game footage of 3rd party games that are also on PC it turn out that the settings on console is mix of medium, and high settings. Also some of the games can't even run at stable 30fps, and that is already half of what should be the minimal accepted fps now. So consoles don't even have 50% of power that is required for 1080p/60fps smooth gaming, and even the "pro" version can't do that either because of its weak cpu.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Why is the Wii U still so expensive - actually more expensive than a couple of years ago? I was considering to get one now that it's end of life to play the few good games for it and the Switch isn't compatible with (retail?) games. It costs more than a PS4 (>$300).

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Why is the Wii U still so expensive - actually more expensive than a couple of years ago? I was considering to get one now that it's end of life to play the few good games for it and the Switch isn't compatible with (retail?) games. It costs more than a PS4 (>$300).

Just gotta wait half a year untill cemu can emulate it, maybe it's even for the better, by that time there will be Zelda GOTY with all dlcs released

Machocruz

Arcane
Lol that NeoGAF thread. I question the mental health and/or maturity level of people who get emotional over game reviews and scores. "I'm super happy game X got a 9!!!" That huge thread that came about after the Dorito Pope incident was just a dog and pony show. Right back to trusting the media and using scores to validate their tastes, like a bunch of lapdog flunkies. Reviews become gospel while talking about subjectivity out the sides of their mouths.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Zelda has always been my favorite rpg series. So deep and so much rpg complexity. I may have been exaggerating a little when I said it was my favorite. For rpgs it is more of a tie between Zelda and Tetris. Both are just so dang good as a series. Asians really know how to make rpgs.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

(1) Nintendo doesn't do bargains.

(2) There aren't enough Wii U owners willing to sell.

---

Arcane
Here you can find Edge's review. Minor (very minor) spoilers.
The post-script is particularly interesting.

Machocruz

Arcane
I wonder if PC games would have been more popular in the 90s and early 2000s if the way people talk about games today would be different. Every new AAA open world game is a 'step forward for open world games.' I just read someone say this about GR: Wildlands too. Did any of these people play Gothic 1/2 or Ultima 7 (maybe doesn't count since 2D)? I played The Witcher 3 and I didn't see this new standard it was setting. It sucks that a large swathe of actual groundbreaking and excellent games basically don't exist in the minds of many.

sullynathan

Arcane
The Witcher 3 is a funny one. No one actually thinks the Witcher 3 set a new standard or did anything new for open world games as a whole, they just really like it's story and think it's side quests are good/have really good stories. I was quite surprised that so many people in the mainstream believe the Witcher 3 is the only rpg to have good side quests.

Machocruz

Arcane
I've seen people in the media and in comments sections say it raised the standard for open world RPGs and open world games in general. Maybe there is an unsaid comparison to only recent/post Xbox360 open world games in these statements, but I doubt it. We're talking about praise that goes beyond that of a very good game, into something game-changing.

sullynathan

Arcane
I've seen people in the media and in comments sections say it raised the standard for open world RPGs and open world games in general. Maybe there is an unsaid comparison to only recent/post Xbox360 open world games in these statements, but I doubt it. We're talking about praise that goes beyond that of a very good game, into something game-changing.
And when you ask them why they default to "it has a good story"

Machocruz

Arcane
Right. It's just a wall of bullshit out there, hype mongering. They can't actually support their claim. Because that requires comparison to games they haven't played.

Keldryn

Arcane

I got a refurbished Wii U from Nintendo's online store for $200 CAD back in 2014. Virtually indistinguishable from a brand new retail unit. This was the 32GB version with Nintendoland as a pack in.

There are a number of great games for it and I definitely founnd it worthwhile. Might be worth checking into. Nintendo gives them the same warranty coverage as a new unit.

Also: this is the best place to buy extra Wii controllers. A refurbished Wii Motion Plus is about $10. I've had one for a couple years and it works great.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Zelda has always been my favorite rpg series. So deep and so much rpg complexity. I may have been exaggerating a little when I said it was my favorite. Asians really know how to make rpgs.

Indeed good sir. Zelda games always have been excelent jRPG's. Asians do know how to make the best things in this world. +M

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
How many times do we have to rescue Hyrule from Ganon?

According to Skyward Sword:

spoilers:
Link beats Demise, generic Demon King that looks like Akuma from Street Fighter on steroids, which results in Demise going full troll mode and cursing Link and Zelda. Future generations get to deal with Ganon.

YES!

Hi, I'm Roqua
Dumbfuck
Zelda has always been my favorite rpg series. So deep and so much rpg complexity. I may have been exaggerating a little when I said it was my favorite. Asians really know how to make rpgs.

Indeed good sir. Zelda games always have been excelent jRPG's. Asians do know how to make the best things in this world. +M

Please explain why you believe Tetris isn't a great jrpg? +M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom