Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

Echo Mirage

Arcane
Does it need WiiU/Switch controls or will it run with mouse and keyboard?

http://mudlord.info/trashheap/cemu174c.zip

Working, cracked version. Because even pirates have their DRM these days.

IMPORTANT: Be sure to run the game once, then exit the emulator, run it again, let it compile the shaders, then enjoy your 100% stutter-free game.

:thumbsup:

Re: shaders, that's not how it works. Did you download a precompiled shader cache?

What kind of framerates are you getting? Are you able to get 30fps in the overworld?

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

I Would like to know this as well. And If not m+kb then what is a good all purpose controller for pc that works well with this?

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

Emulators aren't illegal. Playing pirated games is.

You can play it with keyboard and mouse.
But to use mouse will need some extra programs and some time configurating. Here's the guide.

As for the emulator.
Wait for the cemu 1.7.4.d to be cracked. Or untill 9 of April when it realeases to non-patrons.

Why? Because it increases performance and gets rid of some anoying bugs. Specially for AMD GPU users (such as myshelf).

CemU Zelda BOTW Megathread.

Use this thread as your guide. It seriously useful.

Now I'll make a quick guide on how get this shit up and running:

1. Get Zelda BOTW
  2. Update it to version 1.1.1
  3. Download 19k shader cache, put it in the shaderCache folder (skip this step if you don't have an AMD GPU) » For Nvidea GPU's use your own fresh Shader Caches, something in the house of 4k/5 (because there is a bug in current Nvidea drivers which causes the game to use absurd amounts of ram), the shaders are automatically made when you open the game for the first time
  4. Download CemUHook version 4.0.0 or higher, put it in CemU main folder (if CemU doesn't open do this)
  5. Then go to gameProfiles folder and edit the c9500 .ini file, if you have the EUR version of the game (for the US version edit the c9400 file, and JPN is the c9300), and under [Graphics] you add this line: disableGPUFence = true
  6. If you have a Nvidea GPU tweak it to look like this, if it is a AMD GPU disable Shader Chache
  7. In Cemu set GPU Buffer Cache to low and CPU Mode to Single Core Recompiler
  8. Then go to the options tab > input settings, and set controller to Wii U Game Pad or Pro Controller and configure the keys to your liking
  9. Then you have to load the .rpx file located in the code folder of the game, so can run it (Zelda BOTW is usally called U-King.rpx)
  10. Finally, when you've loaded all shader chaches and the game has opened, use either this method or enable the "GX2SetGPUFence skip (HACK)" in the CemU options tab (you have to do one of this methods every time you play to have a good perfromance, I recomend using the 2nd method)
Now you can enjoy the game!
Additionaly I would recomend some graphic packs.
12k texture + ReShade perhaps? :obviously:

:obviously::obviously::obviously:+M

Last edited:

bonescraper

It definitely doesn't need Nintendo controllers, but i'm playing with my X360 pad, so i don't know if it can be played with kb+m.
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

turn off the noob hud bro. and tells us where you head off to first
Didn't even know it can be turned off. I'm afraid i don't have much time to play this this week.

Re: shaders, that's not how it works. Did you download a precompiled shader cache?

What kind of framerates are you getting? Are you able to get 30fps in the overworld?
I don't know how shaders work. But that's how this emulator works, so i'm just telling you people this, the first try might be somwhat discouraging. It's choppy as fuck and takes quite a while to even load the first time.

I'm not really getting 30 FPS, it oscillates somwhere between 28-20, but it's still very playable.
Also, what kind of machine do you have if you manage to play decently?
i5 3570k @3,40 GHz
GTX 970 4 GB RAM
8 GB RAM
SSD (might make a diffrence, might not?)
Win 10 x64

Definitely not a high-end machine.
Emulators aren't illegal. Playing pirated games is.
Yeah, yeah. Thing is, Nintendo makes their games to sell their shitty consoles (and vice versa). If you're skipping one step, you're "stealing money" anyway. I'm surprised they haven't done anything about this yet.

I was actually thinking about buying a WiiU, for this game and both Bayonettas. But now i don't need a console to play Zelda, and Bayonetta is getting a proper port anyway.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I was actually thinking about buying a WiiU, for this game and both Bayonettas. But now i don't need a console to play Zelda, and Bayonetta is getting a proper port anyway.

Well if want to support Nintendo then buy the WiiU version of BOTW and make a ROM from it so you can play the way it's meant to be played. :obviously:

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane

IMPORTANT: Be sure to run the game once, then exit the emulator, run it again, let it compile the shaders, then enjoy your 100% stutter-free game.

:thumbsup:

Can emulators fix frame-rate drops?

flyingjohn

Arcane
Before emulating this,people should wait to see how far can you actually go in the latest version.
Because if you can only reach let's say 10 percent of the game,it is essentially not worth the hassle.
This reminds me of a story that one of pcsx2 testers managed to complete kingdom hearts in pcsx2 in glorious 10 fps,took him months,but he still completed it.
I guess this is making people learn the horrors of game testing.

i5 3570k @3,40 GHz
GTX 970 4 GB RAM
8 GB RAM
SSD (might make a diffrence, might not?)
Win 10 x64

Definitely not a high-end machine.
Well shit I think I can run the damn thing, since I got a R9 390 with 8gb, and a 16gb of ram. Shame that my cpu is the bottle neck since its a i5 2500.

Just overclock that i5, is it a multiplier unlocked model (2500K)? You should be able to easily hit 4.2-4.5ghz with that, and Cemu doesn't really take advantage of multiple cores so in that sense it's not a very outdated CPU, if you overclock it the single threaded performance should be good enough for emulating purposes.

Your real problem is the AMD GPU, apparently 1.7.4d fixes some AMD issues but it's been very hit and miss so far because AMD's OpenGL support is and has always been shit.

Fuck if I know, I bought the cpu used on ebay. Honestly I'm just going to use it as a benchmark for emulation since I already softmodded my wii u and beat BotW already.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Couple weeks old at this point. Ahh I see another victim of poor internet. It is rather surprising that this game is still fun to putz around in after beating it. I rarely have the attention span for such a thing, but the world is so fun to navigate.

Keldryn

Arcane
Man, I still haven't finished the game yet. I'm deliberately savouring my time with this game... Still have one more Divine Beast to tackle and I think I've done about 70 shrines. No intention of pursuing all of the korok seeds.

I am sort of doing a second playthrough at the same time, as I'm helping my daughter play the game (as in: doing all the fighting and several of the shrines). Still fun.

Rushing through this game would feel like a crime. :)

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Tried to play some of this on cemu. It almost works, I get like 25-30 fps 90% of the time. The issue is the that the remaining 10% of the time I get one second freezes for seemingly no reason. I guess I'll wait a few months longer. Might want to pick up a controller too, the technology stack to make mouse work in this seems quite awkward.

The freezes are because of the shader cache being built - on recent Nintendo machines, there's a lot of realtime shaders being computed on the video hardware. You can download pre-compiled shader caches for Cemu, though - you need to do it for each separate game. It helps a lot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CEMUcaches/

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
The freezes are because of the shader cache being built - on recent Nintendo machines, there's a lot of realtime shaders being computed on the video hardware. You can download pre-compiled shader caches for Cemu, though - you need to do it for each separate game. It helps a lot.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CEMUcaches/
Well, now it doesn't stutter, but the fps goes between 15 and 20 instead. Are the shaders kept in memory or does the game read them from disk?

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Tried to play some of this on cemu. It almost works, I get like 25-30 fps 90% of the time. The issue is the that the remaining 10% of the time I get one second freezes for seemingly no reason. I guess I'll wait a few months longer. Might want to pick up a controller too, the technology stack to make mouse work in this seems quite awkward.

Nice to see Cemu is already getting better performance than the Switch version. :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom