Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

Ivan

Arcane
MY BODY IS READY. my tolerance of load times is not

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
The health regen on enemies is a REAL problem.

Combine that with enemies being of a higher tier than the weapon they wield and you can't simply charge enemies or you'll burn through all of your weapons. You also can't cheese them with infinite bombs or sniping UNLESS you aim for one shot kills.

Ice arrows/weapons and water (except for lizards) are your friends. Gotta sneak up on them at night for those sneakstrikes as well.

Or just run away.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Master Mode? I'm out of kakariko village and there are guardians everywhere, i'm getting one shotted and all of my weapons are braking on trash mobs ! and you are talking about master mode.

DragoFireheart

Well the DLC added a hilariously overpowered item:

Majora's Mask

It's basically all of the Kilton masks combined into one and can be gotten right after the Great Plateau.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
Well it's the Majora's Mask we are talking about.

Talking of wich. Is the Fierce Diety Set as powerful as in Majora's Mask?

DragoFireheart

Well it's the Majora's Mask we are talking about.

Talking of wich. Is the Fierce Diety Set as powerful as in Majora's Mask?

Nah, just a re-skinned Barbarian Armor.

Note: Trial of the Sword is insane on Master Mode. Room 10... has two Silver Lizalfos. And most of your weapons deal 10 damage.

rofl

DragoFireheart

Jesus christ.

According to other people's accounts, Room 10 on Master Mode is the hardest room.

:negative:

Keldryn

Arcane
Yeah, Master Mode really changes the game on a fundamental level. Normally I'd get the maracas for the big korok in my way to Kakariko... But now they're guarded by three black bokoblins. And I have five hearts. Best weapons I currently have barely scratch them.

Those blue bokoblins with the elemental arrows on the floating platforms have given me a lot of grief. One shot kills me outright,, and sometimes they're high enough thst I don't spot them.

The best strategy in the early game is simply to go all Brave Sir Robin.

DragoFireheart

Yeah, Master Mode really changes the game on a fundamental level. Normally I'd get the maracas for the big korok in my way to Kakariko... But now they're guarded by three black bokoblins. And I have five hearts. Best weapons I currently have barely scratch them.

Those blue bokoblins with the elemental arrows on the floating platforms have given me a lot of grief. One shot kills me outright,, and sometimes they're high enough thst I don't spot them.

The best strategy in the early game is simply to go all Brave Sir Robin.

Majora's Mask makes this trivially easy.

Somewhat sad but the mask doesn't help with bosses, Guardians, etc.

DragoFireheart

Yesterday I bet the infamous room 10 in the beginning trials on Master Mode.

Today I did the middle trials. Oddly enough they were... pretty easy. The pitch black rooms were tricky and the rooms after that with beefy Guardians could pose a risk if you didn't ratio weapons correctly, but otherwise I did it on my first try.

Try to save up attack up food for the rooms with the beefy Guardians. In particular, the room with 3 Guardians who all rush you.

Will attempt the final trial tomorrow.

DragoFireheart

I did it!

Beat the Trial of the Sword on Master Mode!

:incline:

PS: having a fully powered Master Sword even on Master Mode is hilariously overpowered. Just went and kicked the shit out of a Gold Lynel with it.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Next time I play this excellent game, I will hold off solving the divine beast puzzles until the end of the game. The abilities make the game way too easy and I also hate how the magical bubble pops up every time I take out my regular shield. I wish I could just turn them off, but nooooooooo.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Which one is that? The beginning trials were pretty easy - it's the final ones that are unbelievably long and filled with challenging enemies/terrain.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

Wait... you CAN disable the guardian abilities?

Fuck me! Goddammit. :negative:

DragoFireheart

Next time I play this excellent game, I will hold off solving the divine beast puzzles until the end of the game. The abilities make the game way too easy and I also hate how the magical bubble pops up every time I take out my regular shield. I wish I could just turn them off, but nooooooooo.

You can turn them off in the item menu. They will stay disabled until you turn them back on.

Which one is that? The beginning trials were pretty easy - it's the final ones that are unbelievably long and filled with challenging enemies/terrain.

Room 10, Master Mode, beginning trial.

You have shit weapons and are in a water filled room with two Silver Lizalflos and a blue lizard asshole that summons the other two. If you don't know what you are doing you are going to break all of your weapons trying to kill the assholes. It's easily the hardest room of the trials on Master Mode. It's on a Dark Souls level that will wreck the shit out of noobs.

The final trial rooms weren't too bad. Throughout them you get 9 Ancient Arrows which can insta-kill shit like Lynels and Guardians that you don't want to deal with. The final room was pure chaos and caused my adrenaline to spike a bit but I had five faeries and five ancient arrows left.

EDIT: For killing Gold/silver enemies that are not near water, here's what you do:

DISARM IT

Hit the assholes with a Shock weapon / arrow and steal their weapon. This trivializes them. For speak Moblins, block their first attack: the assholes have a dash that comes out quickly.

KILL IT

- Hit them with an ice arrow / weapon once.

- Switch to your hardest hitting weapon.

- perform a jump attack.

- This will hit them and break their frozen state. The math goes like this: jump attacks deal x2 damage, frozen enemies take x3 damage on their next hit. You end up dealing x6 damage with the above technique. So a 52 damage claymore deals a good 300+ damage this way. Helps conserve weapons. I don't suggest burning Ancient Arrows on anything that isn't a Lynel / Guardian Stalker / Guardian flying fuck.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

Nintendo must have been listening to the whiners about the durability system with this DLC 1 pack.

Alright, so this post is focusing on:

- The Master Sword

- The Sword Trials

- The Travel Medallion

Info:

Whenever you start any Sword Trial, your Master Sword (which can't be broken at the time otherwise you have to wait for it to be restored before you can enter a sword trial) is fully repaired.
You can warp out of sword trials at any time.
You can place the travel medallion on any non-water, non-floating, non-shrine surface.
Each trial to complete increases the strength of the Master Sword to 40/50/60, respectively. Durability increases at 60 as if it was in it's always powered up state and the laser beams use zero durability.

What does this all mean?

How to fully repair your Master Sword on demand

Place your Travel Medallion at your feet.

Teleport to the Korok Forest (center-most shrine)

Go to the Master Sword pedestal.

Enter any trial.

Teleport to your Travel Medallion.

At this point in the game I have a 60 power sword that takes forever to break and with 1-2 minutes worth of loading screens I can have it fully repaired. Fuck, I don't need Majora's Mask anymore, time to sell it lmao

DragoFireheart

What about Minora's Mask?

It's basically a combination of Bokoblin/Moblin/Lizalflos/Lynel Masks.

As long as you wear it, those enemies won't discover it's you until you damage them. *

* Lynels sniff you out eventually.

Whiny-Butthurt-Liberal

As long as you wear it, those enemies won't discover it's you until you damage them. *

DragoFireheart

My bad, I thought you made a typo. I assumed you meant Majora's Mask.

I don't know about a Minora's Mask. Is that from one of the Amiibos?

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Leaked screenshot for the upcoming DLC - looks like Link won't be the only one wielding the Master Sword;
DFZkba5XYAAtbzk.jpg

imweasel

TL;DR: It is a great hiking, climbing and gliding simulator, but a very poor Zelda game.

I have played every single Zelda game since I was a kid (seriously), and Breath of the Wild is probably my least favorite of all of them. The gameplay and mechanics suffer greatly from the open world design IMO. They took the typical Zelda style gameplay and essentially threw all of it straight out the window and replaced it with a pretty lame open world approach.

The durability system is interesting and refreshing at the beginning of the game, but it becomes really annoying later on. The writing and story are really bad for a Zelda game. Combat and the combat camera are really shitty and clunky. Crafting is pure fucking shit.
:5/5::1/5: 6/10

DragoFireheart

I'm curious what your definition of good open world is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom