Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
C2BzlL-VEAA___6.jpg

Europe cover

C2BzlL6UoAYl0iy.jpg

EEUU cover

PD: No special editions for Wii U version? Shit, I want the master edition so bad...

Last edited:

---

Arcane
I really wanted to be able to get this for the Switch at launch, but... I just can't justify shelling out $400 CAD for the console and $80 for the game. I was able to pre-order the Wii U version on Amazon for $70.

Too bad the special editions are just for the Switch version though. I don't care about the sword statue, but I'd totally go for the Special Edition with the map. Oh well, at least I'll save some money then.
The two guys in the "Hands-on" video (see the post above) say that the WiiU version has a better framerate (lol), so it shouldn't be a bad deal :lol:

Ranarama

Learned
Switch version is technically better - but in some instances I like WiiU color palette and special effects more.

I guess it's just a matter of which horrible gimmick console you like better. I don't know if they're pushing paid online on to the WiiU as well. I guess if you've got the money where you can justify the PS4 Pro price tag for a handheld, you go switch.

sullynathan

Arcane
So both of these consoles are a bit more powerful than a Xbox 360? Nintendo should have hit up R* for GTA V.

Last edited:

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
WiiU is more powerful than Xbox360.
Switch is around 1.5x more powerful than WiiU.

Nintendo are retards, so they aren't going to make any sweet deals with western gamedev studios.

sullynathan

Arcane

Nintendo are retards, so they aren't going to make any sweet deals with western gamedev studios.
They got skyrim, I just think it would have been smart to get the most popular open world game. Even overwatch would be good to show that their online service works well.

Last edited:

Mortmal

Arcane

They got skyrim, I just think it would have been smart to get the most popular open world game. Even overwatch would be good to show that their multiply service works well.
I'd prefer if they dont make any deals with western developpers, each time i bought a console it was to play japanese exclusives. It was well worth it for the first wii, then absolutely no reason to get a wii u . It seems they make the samemistakes with switch, there's a zelda , a mario and thats about all for the console life time. Whos going to buy that to play skyrim on outdated hardware....

Hobo Elf

Arcane

They got skyrim, I just think it would have been smart to get the most popular open world game. Even overwatch would be good to show that their multiply service works well.

They don't want Overwatch. That would compete with Splatoon, Nintendo's own online shooter. And it's getting a sequel for the Switch.

Keldryn

Arcane
I'm not sure how useful those Switch/Wii U comparison videos are. Optimization generally happens near the end of development, so comparing footage released yesterday with footage from 7-8 months ago doesn't really tell us much.

Textures might be better on the Switch version, but then again if they were able to optimize the Wii U version beyond where it was at last E3, then they may have improved the textures (as in those videos they're obviously lower-res versions of the textures in the Switch version).

I'm assuming that the Wii U version isn't present at the Switch events in order to be able to compare the current state of the game in each platform. And at this point, everything will be locked down other than fixing bugs and possibly a few performance optimizations.

Ranarama

Learned
Wait, so you can just carry as many steaks and apples as you want to heal anywhere? Zelda just became popamole.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Wait, so you can just carry as many steaks and apples as you want to heal anywhere? Zelda just became popamole.

:hmmm:

wp-1-1920x1080.jpg

Zelda has been popamole since the NES Zeldas, bro. It's a franchise designed primarily for kids that adults can play, sort of like a Pixar film.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What are you trying to say with that picture? That Wind Waker has top-notch art?

Just pointing out that Wind Waker exists.

Anyone who knows anything about Wind Waker should know that it isn't a hard game, that it is indeed a very easy game. The easiest of a series that hasn't risen above low-medium difficulty since the ruthless NES era.

Even the thing Ranarama complained about, in OoT you can have 4 fairies that revive you at full health and double health.

ZC: Hard
AoL: Very Hard
LttP: Medium
OoT: Low-Medium (because of the Water Temple and the Shadow Temple)
MM: Medium (nothing like the difficulty of the Water Temple, although the Ocean one comes close, but all except the first dungeon are harder than anything OoT dungeon except the Water Temple).
WW: Very Easy
TP: Low
SS: HAHHAHA, get out.

Last edited:

---

Arcane
Ahhh, Adventure of Link, the game which everyone hates, except codexians. Because, hey, it's cool to have shitty tastes.

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Zelda has been popamole since the NES Zeldas, bro. It's a franchise designed primarily for kids that adults can play, sort of like a Pixar film.

Just because something is aimed at kids doesn't mean it's popamole. Most of those super difficult (by today's standards) NES games were aimed at kids. Kids can be pretty fucking hardcore. Popamole means that a game is aimed towards the widest possible audience which includes all those casual normies who don't know or understand much about games, hence dumbing down and easy difficulty.

Ahhh, Adventure of Link, the game which everyone hates, except codexians. Because, hey, it's cool to have shitty tastes.

?

Don't misread me, I don't like AoL and I've never beaten it. However, it is the hardest game in the series.

Most of my arguments come from abstract devotion to truth and logic, not from a place of emotion or personal conviction.

Also if I gave the impression I'm not looking forward to this game or that I don't like the Wind Waker (it is competitively good with the best Zeldas, despite its easiness), that would be wrong. I was very active in the Zeda fan community from 8 to around 18.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom