Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild for Wii U and Switch

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane

Despite it needs a lot of polishing, it looks great. Finally, a completely open world Zelda game.:incline:

EDIT: Here's the video again

Thanks to LESS T_T for sharing it.

Last edited:

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
WgC3avU.png

:bounce:

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I didn't really see much to get excited about here. It looks like a fairly standard open world action game with the Zelda franchise sprinkled on top. That said, it has to be better than the disaster that was Skyward Sword.

deuxhero

Arcane
I'm fairly certain the voice is Bill Trinen, Miyamoto's official translator. While I would prefer subtitles, he's the only guy who should be remotely touching that kind of thing.

Athelas

Arcane
Finally, a completely open world Zelda game.:incline:
If Wind Waker with its recycled pirate camps, linear progression and tedious Triforce shard gathering busywork is any indication, it will be a terrible open world.

A user named cat

Bullet time, quest compass that kills exploration like Skyrim's, awesome button to prevent your horse from crashing into a tree, stupid fog included to hide the obviously bad graphics and popping trees, a big open but empty world that looks nothing like Hyrule...

I wouldn't call it incline so far.
Yeah seriously, my thoughts as well. Go into slow-mo everytime you jump off your horse? Can't imagine that not being abused. The big open world looks barren and boring as fuck, like a less interesting version of Dragon's Dogma map. If you removed Link, nobody would even know this is a Zelda game because that sure as hell doesn't resemble Hyrule. Horseback riding doesn't even require you to steer really and there's little interraction to it. Wow, how very fun. I'll likely never play it anyway since lol Wii U but still. Why do Nintendo devs put all their best games on handhelds?

Athelas

Arcane
The funniest bit from that video:

'This is a densely wooded area!'
> Shows a grassy area with a few trees scattered around (presumably because too many trees would be too much for the Wii U to handle).

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Bullet time, quest compass that kills exploration like Skyrim's, awesome button to prevent your horse from crashing into a tree, stupid fog included to hide the obviously bad graphics and popping trees, a big open but empty world that looks nothing like Hyrule...

Yeah seriously, my thoughts as well. Go into slow-mo everytime you jump off your horse? Can't imagine that not being abused. The big open world looks barren and boring as fuck, like a less interesting version of Dragon's Dogma map. If you removed Link, nobody would even know this is a Zelda game because that sure as hell doesn't resemble Hyrule. Horseback riding doesn't even require you to steer really and there's little interraction to it. Wow, how very fun. I'll likely never play it anyway since lol Wii U but still. Why do Nintendo devs put all their best games on handhelds?

Making the Horse act more like a Horse seems like a pretty great idea to me. Not only does it feel more natural, but it also means that they have the potential to make horseback combat feel and play better since you don't need to fuck around with the car horse steering while trying to fight against the enemy as well. Obviously they want to make Epona more of a legit character with its own mind. The rest is just assumptions based on a very short video of a game that's not even finished.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Also: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/jrpg-weaboo-discussion.60/

Bullet time is meh.

Quest compass is retarded, but my wife will appreciate it.

I'm actually ok with an awesome button making your horse not crash into a tree.

The fog is there since the Wii U is a weak bitch.

Doesn't look like Hyrule? Even Zelda had a generic fantasy overworld for many of its games. It's the dungeons that separate it from the rest really.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
Making the Horse act more like a Horse seems like a pretty great idea to me. Not only does it feel more natural, but it also means that they have the potential to make horseback combat feel and play better since you don't need to fuck around with the car horse steering while trying to fight against the enemy as well. Obviously they want to make Epona more of a legit character with its own mind. The rest is just assumptions based on a very short video of a game that's not even finished.

Completely agree. And i want to brofist this buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut i can't. I'm not worthy of the Codexia yet.

Also: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?forums/jrpg-weaboo-discussion.60/

- What's the problem with the bullet time? I'm pretty sure that it will limited with a magic bar, or stuff like that to avoid the abuse.

- Quest compass? Where did you see that? Did you see floating arrows everywhere or stuff like that? It's about marking with a X the place which do you want to go in the map and about following the map indications to arrive the objective place. It's very normal in explorer's life :M

- I suppose you prefer clash over and over again with trees in a forest instead of having a horse with a normal behavior of avoiding obstacles. Oh boy.

- Quite obvious that Wii U is very limited in tech, so they must work as they can with it. And the game still in development. :M

- The game looks empty because it's a demonstration of a game in development, lets see how it goes in the future instead of making stupid suppositions. And the world doesn't have to look like Hyrule, it can look like Termina, Holodrum, Labrynna, as a new island like Koholint...+M

The funniest bit from that video:

'This is a densely wooded area!'
> Shows a grassy area with a few trees scattered around (presumably because too many trees would be too much for the Wii U to handle).

I act like they wanted to say the comment about this moment:

2568kzb.png

:troll:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Why does every game need a fucking 'open world' these days? It makes my blood boil just thinking about it

The horse in Shadow of Colossus also will stop / dodge instead of rushing straight into obvious obstacles like a retard. It's a good thing. The world looks kind of barren but a) it's in development and b) when it's filled with shit like in Skyrim people complain it's a themepark where you can't go in one direction for 15 seconds without stumbling on dungeons.

A user named cat

The world looks kind of barren but a) it's in development and b) when it's filled with shit like in Skyrim people complain it's a themepark where you can't go in one direction for 15 seconds without stumbling on dungeons.
Then it shouldn't be designed like Gothic Jr. and every other tired open-world western ARPG if they can't strike a balance between Disneyland and Van Buren. Further developement won't fix what is already lame core design, there's nothing Zelda-looking about this. Might as well throw in some forsooth dialogues, collectable animal skins and fucking dragons.

I don't think you'd see any complaints if they simply produced a proper Link to the Past sequel on a normal console but the moons gonna moon like western tycoons.

Athelas

Arcane
I act like they wanted to say the comment about this moment:
That still doesn't look like a believable forest-y area.

Also, the graphics look like a weird mix of cell-shaded graphics and rmore conventional realistic graphics with what look some horribly low-res textures. I wish they'd stick to the cell-shaded style fully.

Avellion

Erudite

Not only that, it it could also lead to some interesting gameplay opportunities. Something could for instance, cause epona to panic.

Why does every game need a fucking 'open world' these days? It makes my blood boil just thinking about it

Truly the cancer of our times. Seems like quantity over quality is being the norm nowadays.

deuxhero

Arcane
I'll say that my Mount and Blade horse crashing into a tree (because I was trying to shoot the lancer behind me) in an otherwise clear field instead of moving to the side and coming to a halt feels wrong, so that's not a real problem.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom