Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A new update, if anybody is interested:

It’s the beginning of October and the beta is not out yet and we apologize for this delay. It’s well on the way but we ran into several issues.
First of all, a couple of facts about the upcoming beta:
  • It will be distributed through Desura.
  • It will contain one scenario called “The Masquerade.
  • We estimate this scenario to have at least 3-4 hours of gameplay.
While our beta version won’t be a full game and some pieces will be missing, it will give you a really good first look at our game. We hope you will get a feeling of what it is like and we hope to work together with you deciding on some key issues in the game.
Translation, proof reading and testing took and still is taking quite a lot of time. Doing things through Desura also takes time but it’s still better than manage the whole process ourselves. Overall, maybe be should have chosen a simpler scenario to start with, but along with writing and testing it, we had to enhance our map editor to give us all the required functionality and it greatly helped. The game is becoming better and better and we are really close to finish what we need to and we hope to release the beta soon. This week probably not but the next week is likely if there are no further delays.
Big part of what we did was making building functionality of hiring units and trading items. It works already, and at the moment we are finishing some other features as well as fixing some last moment bugs. Here is a screenshot of this:
CastleHiring.jpg

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm not going to play until the completed version, but I still follow from the sidelines. Can't wait to play it :)

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I won't play the beta either. I anticipate 1 or 2 months of delay, but I hope we will get it by christmas. Looking forward to it very much.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I won't play the beta either. I anticipate 1 or 2 months of delay, but I hope we will get it by christmas. Looking forward to it very much.

It will be out in the first quarter of 2013. That is what they stated in one of their last updates (reasoning, that the end of the year is not the best period to release it, as a lot of other stuff will be published then). Personally, I always find it as a strange excuse. It is not like they are going to compete with CoD or MoH. And X-mas break would actually be a quite a neat window for releasing it.
In any case, I can wait even 6 months, if that means the game is more polished.

Overboard

Arcane
Well there's something to be said for waiting until prestigious gamers have replenished the contents of their wallets after spending good money on AAA titles turds.

Murk

Arcane
Crap, how did I miss this? this actually looks great and is a perfect example of what Kickstarter should be used for.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
I'm not surprised it got delayed - practically every game misses it's deadline. Apparently at least they're not rushing it.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Well there's something to be said for waiting until prestigious gamers have replenished the contents of their wallets after spending good money on AAA titles turds.

Prestigious PC gamers are at advanced age and have other commitments besides games. Christmas is expensive time for a family man.

Overboard

Arcane

Prestigious PC gamers are at advanced age and have other commitments besides games. Christmas is expensive time for a family man.

So...thanks for agreeing with me, I guess.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
New update is up, mainly about beta testing. Damn me, I didn't applied for it. (The sci-fi game they are promoting could be interesting by the way.)

Hello, everyone! We are almost ready to start the beta test. Shortly after this update we will send out surveys to all who backed us with $25 or more where you need to provide us two email addresses – one for your copy of the game and the beta test, and the second email address for your second copy and beta test. In addition, those of you who have physical goods to be shipped to you, please provide shipping details. Unfortunately, Kickstarter allows only once to send out these surveys, so we will contact you via email when we will actually ship your physical rewards. It will be sometime close to release of the game.
If you don’t respond to this survey, we will send an invitation to the beta test to your email address that is connected to your Kickstarter or Paypal account. You can contact us later if you want to add another email address to the beta test.
Hardware requirements for the beta test
Minimal System Requirements
  • Windows XP, Vista, 7
  • 2GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 1GB of free space on hard drive
  • 512MB video memory (dedicated video card recommended, Radeon HD 4600, GeForce 8600 or better)
  • DirectX9 and shader model 3.0 needs to be supported by the video card
  • Screen resolution 1280x1024 or higher
Recommended System Requirements:
  • Windows XP, Vista, 7
  • 2GHz dual core processor, 2GB RAM, 1GB of free space on hard drive
  • 1GB video memory, dedicated video card GeForce GTX 260, Radeon HD 5770 or better
  • DirectX9 and shader model 3.0 needs to be supported by the video card
  • Screen resolution 1680x1050 or higher
Please note, the final game will have more settings and these requirements might be softened since we didn’t optimize our graphics engine yet.
What’s left to do
For beta testing, we are working on finishing these areas in programming:
  • Healing units with potions
  • Quest journal
  • Equipment handling
And we need to do some preliminary testing too. So, get ready for the beta test!
Divine Space
site_picture_940x450_02_fix.jpg

We would like to bring to your attention a new Kickstarter project – Divine Space by Dodo Games. This space RPG is done in best traditions of true hard sci-fi where the game universe is based on real astronomic data, inhabited by a large variety of characters and where you can build your own ships and customize them with weapons and devices.
We have to admit – we are a bit far from space games but Dodo Games are very close to us in their approach and in their spirit. They are a small independent team who are fully engaged in what they do. They are not aiming to be “in trend” but they do what they really like. In our view, this alone can be a reason to support them and we already did so their spaceship named Dodo can overcome the power of gravity and set out to its exciting journey to the stars!
Of course, the population of Eisenwald could not stand aside. Best alchemists, scientists and mystics invented a powerful weapon: Mortar of Eisenwald. Its drawings were kept secret for many centuries and reached the world of Divine Space. All Eisenwald Knights who join space guard of Divine Space at Kickstarter will receive this exclusive weapon in inventory of their ship and the weapon itself will grow together with a character without losing its power with time.
Besides, leaders of our two armies are nurturing plans for future actions together in search of glory and success in a dangerous but attractive for many players place called Steam. There in the warped and enchanted space of Greenlight a joint campaign is waiting for us and we will support each other for mutual glory and victory!
Until soon,
Alexander, Nikolay, Dmitry, Denis, Victor and Ressa

visions

Arcane
Bummer. My laptop that I'm currently using does not meet the minimum resolution requirement. I'm at 1280x800. Maybe I'll have migrated back to a desktop or a laptop with a higher resolution by the time this comes out.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
Divine Space is a 3D space adventure/quest action-RPG focused precisely on science fiction, with third person view, click-n-go controls and real-time combat system.
The platform for the first version of the game is iPad. Next version is for Android, then - shortly after - PC/Mac/Linux and likely Ouya. Next - a big massively multiplayer online game (MMO).
:mob:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Divine Space is a 3D space adventure/quest action-RPG focused precisely on science fiction, with third person view, click-n-go controls and real-time combat system.
The platform for the first version of the game is iPad. Next version is for Android, then - shortly after - PC/Mac/Linux and likely Ouya. Next - a big massively multiplayer online game (MMO).
Sorry, I haven't read that part. Flush it down in the toilet then.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I just read the update too, and I'm glad they are about to enter beta testing! I personally won't be beta testing (I want everything to be new when I play retail), but I hope the testers do a good job and that the game is polished with good English translations.

Overboard

Arcane

Presumably they had to balance the :incline: with the :decline: somehow, to preserve the balance of the universe.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Early beta (more like alpha to be honest) is out!

Still, waaaaaaay to go till finished product. Think AoD beta but with much less functions working. Probably another 6-9 months (more like 9-12 to be honest). Only one scenario. Lots of functionalities are not implemented, e.g., castle managment, events in different locations, etc (you will often get a big "Action" field which is just empty - so things are planned in this respect, but not implemented. Also, it is rough in terms of presentation. No hints popping up when you move the cursor over to help you figure out what it is. No save/load function (except quick one).

But, it is promising. Looks beautiful, and has this medieval vibe from my initial try. Music is great. This chick knows what she is doing. Other positive - during my 30 min gameplay it did not crash. I encounter only one technical bug, when meeting the army of my neighbour on his land - he asked me to give him money for free passage or fight. I chose money, but it kept spamming until I ran away from his proximity. Also choosing not to pay resulted in nothing but the same spamming question.

Fighting looks like it was advertised, though I couldn't figured out the flanking attack. It works for the enemy when two or more of his soldiers are surrounding my unit, and sometimes even an archer participate to give extra damage. But it never worked for me though it looked like similar situation. Maybe I just haven't figured it out yet. It was just 30 minutes of general impressions afterall.

I won't be playing much more as I want to experience the finished product as a virgin :lol:. But I would welcome others impressions.

Captain Shrek

It is surprising why this thread is not on this forum yet.

Ruins_scrn03.jpg

LoE is a cRPG in the style of HoM&M but with a small enough party to be not considered a strategy game. The game has turn and hexagonal grid based combat. The PC plays the role of a Knight errant, able to explore an open map and control small estates/castles and carry around a small unit of about 10 soldiers. There are classes of soldiers who can diverge into professions and can be equipped with arms and armor that provide tactical benefits. There are three classes for the PC itself including the Knight who engages in Melee, the Baroness who engages in Ranged combat (with a crossbow) and the Mystic who uses spells. All of the classes get branching progression.

We should definitely have a discussion thread to talk about what we find great or lacking in this game, considering that it would constitute as feedback to the devs who post on codex and are in the beta phase of developing the game right now.

For those who played the beta, there is a poll on their website asking for opinions. We can discuss those issues in here too, hopefully in depth.

http://aterdux.com/cforum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=714&sid=945ad3ab7ed4abcb0bf955ea20964fcc

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
It's because most people just post on the News forum thread about it where the developer posts.

Captain Shrek

I thought it was the other way round. The devs post there because we refuse to discuss games that have some real chance of being good because of feedback, on the cRPG forum, instead wasting energy on action RPGs.

Saxon1974

Prophet
Looking forward to this game, I backed it. Looks fantastic for an indie. My only concern is there are apparently no interior environments...so I wonder if the game will be meaty enough. Low magic, medieval style with tactical combat i just awesome so high hopes for this.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
I post where I see posts or questions about our game :) Thank you Captain Shrek for starting this thread. We are really interested to hear what you think about the hits system for example. Current voting shows some slight predilection towards our wounds system - where each fallen unit gets a wound if he falls, 4 wounds and dies permanently - but I think this is not so straight forward.

Consider this case - you put a garrison in a castle. Enemy attacks, your units didn't manage to give a wound to anyone, so when you attack to retake your castle, the enemy is in full health and not weakened. In the standard system with hits having a garrison has higher chances of making an impact on those who attack the castle. And so on. But wounds system does it well with taking away resurrection - 4 wounds and your unit is gone.

Saxon1974 - by interior environment you mean like inner yard of castles or something else like a dungeon? :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom