Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter The Legends of Eisenwald Thread

Luka-boy

Arcane
Oh yeah, I forgot another minor issue I ran into. When I started the game for the first time the Sound Effects Volume slider was all the way to the left, effectively cancelling all sound except the music.

The fix was as simple as moving the slider to the right and it never happened again when I restarted the game, but I wonder if it happened to other people.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Oh yeah, I forgot another minor issue I ran into. When I started the game for the first time the Sound Effects Volume slider was all the way to the left, effectively cancelling all sound except the music.
Thanks for letting me know. This is weird and I'll take a look how it initializes.

Gord

Arcane
My experience has been a very smooth one so far, except for the minor issue with the tooltips when upgrading units and one more thing:
Sometimes during "dialogues" (like e.g. when listening to gossip in the taverns), it seems that the last page of the dialogue gets skipped automatically.
I'm not 100% sure of this, as it happens very fast, but sometimes I get the impression that for a fraction of a second, some more text pops up, but is dismissed instantly.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
What kind of game is this? Is it an open ended kinda deal where I am free to wander with my band of manly men however I please, or is it story based with linear progression? Game looks gud, I might buy it.

Gord

Arcane
What kind of game is this? Is it an open ended kinda deal where I am free to wander with my band of manly men however I please, or is it story based with linear progression? Game looks gud, I might buy it.

It's similar to HoMM or, I guess, Disciples.

You can free-roam on a map, wich contains different points of interest (cities, castles, villages, etc) and do side-quests to your liking, while progressing linearly through the main story. The quests often contain some amount of C&C and there's no quest-compass, so you sometimes need to follow some vague hints and do some thinking/exploration to solve them, which is quite nice, imo.
Mind, I'm not very far in yet (2nd map).

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I think I will request Humble to send out emails to backers! :) https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender enter your email here and you will get your key!
Thanks, I got it this way.

Installing now. I'm so pumped. :bounce: Getting this game is such a good feeling. You started your campaign a years ago, when the kickstarter craze only started to pick up. Through several years, we just waited and waited patiently, because the game always looked better and better. And now we got it. Thanks for the ride Aterdux. :bro:

Hobo Elf

Arcane

It's similar to HoMM or, I guess, Disciples.

You can free-roam on a map, wich contains different points of interest (cities, castles, villages, etc) and do side-quests to your liking, while progressing linearly through the main story. The quests often contain some amount of C&C and there's no quest-compass, so you sometimes need to follow some vague hints and do some thinking/exploration to solve them, which is quite nice, imo.
Mind, I'm not very far in yet (2nd map).

Sounds good. I bought the game.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
Got to chapter 3,lost all my men and gold that i gathered,again....Who the fuck thought that with every new chapter you should lose everything,that's just fucking depressing.Can't believe that i spent time to upgrade my army and gather gold just to lose them.

Pope Amole II

Nerd Commando Game Studios
Developer
Wait, so this is pretty much Disciples with somewhat deeper event system and other minor changes? Not that I mind but I haven't been following the game and from the few things I've read it really seemed like something other than that. Whereas, in reality, it's rather easy to comprehend.

Anyhow, is there a way to increase the in-combat speed? The basic one is way too slow.

Nryn

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Played it for about 3 hours. Liking how different peasants can share different versions of the same tale, and this can in turn lead to different side quests. Remains to be seen if this is a one-off or it continues throughout the game. Combat hasn't been difficult, but running around with peasants is putting a dent in my treasury due to the constant healer visits -- liking this aspect so far.

There are a couple of things that I don't like so far though: battle grid is too small and devoid of any obstacles and this puts a lot of pressure on the enemy encounter composition to present any semblance of challenge. Also having to manually recruit party members again at the start of an act is a terrible design decision, not least due to all the equipped gear that I've apparently lost in the process.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Got to chapter 3,lost all my men and gold that i gathered,again....Who the fuck thought that with every new chapter you should lose everything,that's just fucking depressing.Can't believe that i spent time to upgrade my army and gather gold just to lose them.

There are a couple of things that I don't like so far though: battle grid is too small and devoid of any obstacles and this puts a lot of pressure on the enemy encounter composition to present any semblance of challenge. Also having to manually recruit party members again at the start of an act is a terrible design decision, not least due to all the equipped gear that I've apparently lost in the process.
Army is not always lost. But this is a consequence of a smaller upgrade trees. If we leave you the army the won't be any challenge left. And just killing weak enemies is not fun at all.

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
We talked to them and initially it was good and were offered a contract but last year after reviewing our beta they decided not to. I emailed them back in May and tried to make it work. They wanted us to try push DRM-free release for the same day but we couldn't (it's not as simple to make and support). To release it after few weeks they said it was a different process. I think they will look at ratings and reviews.

Last edited by a moderator:

retamar

Educated
I have played few hours and looks good, but combat feels a little bit shallow.
Grid size is too small, the fact that I can only attack my closest enemy feels too constraining, I am worried that the game will turn a little bit boring and losing your armies in every map seems like a very artificial way to increase the difficulty.

Anyway, world setting and quests are quite good, but writing is a little bit awkward.

No bugs, super stable and well optimized, I loved Expeditions:Conquistador but could not finish the game for fear of the game melting down my computer.

So far so good, lets see if the game keeps delivering, good job Aterdux team!

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Not sure if it's anything special, but I was not expecting to see LoE pop up in top 20 of Steam's top sellers. Congrats to Aterdux anyways :)

Gord

Arcane
I've got a question regarding one of the quests on the second map.

I got tasked by the merchant guild to take care of a problem they have with Langard.

I decided to help them and took care of it, but when I try to turn the quest in, there doesn't appear a representative in Quellburg (I think he was called Leon).
Could it be because I
have fought against Langard and captured his castle already? I didn't find out before that I have to fight the guys at the northern wharf for the quest.

The quest is still open in my journal, anyway.

Gord

Arcane
Well, both, in that order...

Somehow I thought that maybe fighting Langard and his troops would also count towards the objective for the merchants, since I had somehow missed that I'm supposed to look for the other troop near the wharf.

Gord

Arcane
Did you take a quest from Langard to kill a merchant?

Going through my quest journal, I think I originally got the quest from the merchant's guild, but talked to Humbold Langard about it.
He, in turn, offered me money if I killed the merchant Leon. I then went to Leon and talked to him about it again and received some more info about the motivations of them.
The journal then updated and said that a reconciliation wasn't possible and I had to decide on which side to take.
I decided to help the merchants, but since I anyway needed to take on 2 of the nobles, I first attacked Langard.
After that I noticed that the merchant quest hadn't updated, so I finally thought of looking at the northern wharf, where I found and disposed of the capers.
The quest updated and told me to return to Quellburg, but Leon is gone.

Edit: regarding the word "capers", is it really used like that? English isn't my first language, but I'm not sure if the noun would be caperer?

Aterdux Entertainment

Aterdux Entertainment
Developer
Well, you can't be doing things for two sides at once :) there might be a bug. Leon is often found roaming the eastern side of the river. Maybe he is there?

Gord

Arcane
So far I haven't found him, but I'll keep looking. Maybe he shows up again, eventually...

Edit: He didn't, I'm on map 3 now.

Last edited:

Torrasque01

Augur
Aterdux Entertainment
I wanted to experiment with different army compositions and I was wondering what I'm doing wrong with a console command.
The syntax says "addpers persindex [army]" to add an unit.
I know for [army] I should put in player_army from other commands, but I can't figure out what the persindex is. I tried "9", "#9", "recruit" and such and nothing takes. Could you give some pointers?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom