Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2015 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
AoD has been in almost done status since I joined the codex
lol
No wonder you got banned.

Combat demo was out in 2009, Teron demo in 2012 and in November 2013 they've added Maadoran with some of the nearby, satellite locations and now we have 21/22 locations. Since the end of 2009 people could experience first hand how the game progressed and if you had actually paid attention you would see that they were working hard and results spoke for themselves. Comparing AoD to Grimoire is just absurd.

It all comes down to this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/230070/discussions/0/618463738394817827/
Vault Dweller AKA Vince said:
So what does a decade of work get you?

112 hand-scripted quests
Over 520,000 words (average book is 100-150,000 words, the first Harry Potter book has 76,944 words, Fellowship of the Ring - 177,227 words)
Over 100 named characters
Over 750 characters with unique IDs
Over 500 animations
Over 300 items (not counting metal upgrades and variations)
30 different attack types (split between different weapons and items)
1 well developed setting
Obisidan needed 3 years to make PoE and it turned out mediocre at best. IT with just 3-4 people have managed to create a game with the best plot, dialogues and characters I've seen in any cRPG (including Torment, in case of characters and dialogues only Fallout 1 and maybe Arcanum could compete, IMO of course), great combat and awe-inspiring C&C (it's not only the number of choices that's impressive, more importantly the quality of it is top-notch). What's most surprising though, even after so many years in development they bring freshness to the RPG genre. Now that I think about it it's astounding that no one has managed to release a similar game during all that time. It only proves that creating a good cRPG is harder than one could think and creating something truly great AND fresh is nigh impossible. Well, IT guys have managed it.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
AoD has been in almost done status since I joined the codex
Son, let me edumificate you. Indie RPGs have two states: almost done and released. When an indie RPG is announced, it's immediately moved to the 'almost done' state and remains there until (if ever) released.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Added Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear to OP and to the poll. Come on, grognards!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
AntharioN released.

Shadowrun: Hong Kong release date appears to be August 31.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Wasteland 2 DC coming October 13th.

Divinity: Original Sin EE possibly on October 27th.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Daaaaaaaaaamn this is going to be a busy autumn (okay Hong Kong and maybe White March will still be late-summer). Going to be an overload if Underrail drops too.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Added D:OS 2 to poll and OP

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom