Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The List of Incline - 2018 Edition

Which of these games are you looking forward to? (multiple responses allowed)

• Total voters

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remember, you can change your votes as new games are added.

Upcoming games included in the poll:
(Let me know if any of the release dates need to be changed.)

1. Barkley 2: Revenge of Cuchulainn (Tales of Game’s)
Release Date: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cboyardee's sequel to the critically acclaimed Game Maker RPG Barkley Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Preorder

2. Copper Dreams (Whalenought Studios)
Release Date: TBA
Whalenought Studios' next game, a cyberpunkish isometric RPG featuring vertical exploration, stealth and "time-based" combat.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Steam Greenlight
Preorder

3. Disco Elysium (ZA/UM Studio)
Release Date: Early 2019
An off-kilter modern day-themed "cop-show roleplaying game" from the Estonian ZAUM Studio.
Codex Thread
Steam

4. Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest (Ctrl Alt Ninja)
Release Date: Q2 2019
A turn-based isometric fantasy RPG from the makers of Legend of Grimrock. Originally procedurally generated but now increasingly traditional.
Codex Thread
Steam

5. Fallen Gods (Wormwood Studios)
Release Data: TBA
Primordia designer Mark Yohalem's next game, an atmospheric roguelike-ish RPG where you play a Norse god trying to find his way back to Asgard.
Codex Thread

6. Knights of the Chalice 2 (Heroic Fantasy Games)
Release Date: April 2020
Sequel to the combat-focused old-school RPG using d20 OGL.
Codex Thread

7. Odd Gods (Inn Between Worlds)
Release Data: TBA
A phase-based RPG inspired by 90s culture, by the Codex's own Grumpy Grognard.
Codex Thread

8. Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen (Ceres Games)
Release Date: March 2020
The developers of Chaos Chronicles reform to develop a spiritual successor. Turn-based combat using the D&D 3E OGL ruleset.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Preorder
Steam

9. Serpent in the Staglands: A Banquet For Fools (Whalenought Studios)
A sequel-pansion to Serpent in the Staglands using the new Burning Candle ruleset from Copper Dreams.
Codex Thread

10. Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones (Cultic Games)
Release Date: Late 2019
Stylish Lovecraftian tactical RPG from Turkish indie developer Cultic Games.
Codex Thread
Kickstarter
Steam Greenlight
Preorder
Steam Demo

11. System Shock 3 (OtherSide Entertainment)
Surprise resurrection of the legendary series from the Looking Glass vets at OtherSide Entertainment.
Codex Thread

12. Colony Ship (Iron Tower Studio)
Release Date: Q4 2020
Iron Tower Studio's next major title, a party-based RPG set onboard a generation ship in deep space.
Codex Forum
Steam

13. Wasteland 3 (inXile Entertainment)
Release Date: October 2019
inXile's fourth crowdfunded RPG, a sequel to Wasteland 2 set in the snowy environs of Colorado.
Codex Thread
Fig
Preorder

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Only one wrpg to look forward to this year and it'll probably get delayed.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Some games that I think look cool:
ATOM RPG
Aversion: Sunrise
Bevontule
DEMIURGOS
Dungeons of Aledorn
Forbidden Unit
Forged of Blood
The Iron Oath
Pathway: In Search of the Lost Element
Pauldron: Shield of the King
Phantom Doctrine
Vigilantes
Zodiac Legion

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Pierre wrote in a 2017 post (one about percentage of spells implemented) that KotC 2 was 2 years off, so that would make it 2019.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Some games that I think look cool:
ATOM RPG
Aversion: Sunrise
Bevontule
DEMIURGOS
Dungeons of Aledorn
Forbidden Unit
Forged of Blood
The Iron Oath
Pathway: In Search of the Lost Element
Pauldron: Shield of the King
Phantom Doctrine
Vigilantes
Zodiac Legion
Atom RPG is alright, it's just horribly unbalanced rn.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Like the last year's thread here are somehow notable upcoming RPGs that are not in the list, incline or not:

Indie
Stellar Tactics
Sword Legacy: Omen
Dark Quest 2
Eon of Sands
Meriwether: An American Epic
Avernum 3: Ruined World
Vigilantes
Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous
Indivisible
ATOM RPG
The Iron Oath
Swords and Sorcery - Sovereign
Bevontule
Forged of Blood
Low Magic Age
Griftlands
Arakion Book One
Demiurgos
Death Trash
Dungeons of Aledorn
Consortium: The Tower
Fallen Gods
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark
Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem
Alaloth: Champions of the Four Kingdoms
Archmage Rises
Bloom: Memories
Arcadian Atlas
Insomnia
Star Traders: Frontiers
Eitr
Frayed Knights 2
Seven Dragon Saga (yeah....)

AA/AAA
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Biomutant
Rune: Ragnarok
Cyberpunk 2077
Mount & Blade 2: Bannerlord
Vampyr
Greedfall
Call Of Cthulhu
Werewolf: Earth Blood
Necorumunda: Underhive Wars
Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr

Japanese/Asian
Lost Sphear
Ys VIII
Legrand Legacy
Secret of Mana
Ni No Kuni 2
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
Final Fantasy XV
Monster Hunter: World
Code Vein
Zwei: The Arges Adventure

Possibilities/Unannounced
Obsidian's Project Indiana
Josh Sawyer's historical RPG
Basilisk Games' sci-fi RPG
New Larian game
New Dragon Age
Beamdog's D&D CRPG
Bethesda's new thing
New Crate Entertainment (Grim Dawn) game
Lords of Xulima 2

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
You forgot to include Grimoire Armoire: Heralds of the Eldritch Abomination, the forthcoming horror RPG by the world-famous Cleve 'Cleveland' Blakemore. +M

VggZYI8.png

:ibelieveincleve:

buffalo bill

Arcane
Caves of Qud! C'mon! It won most liked roguelike in some random poll here a bunch of months ago and it isn't even finished! It def belongs on this list, it is a full-fledged RPG expected to be released this year.

Edit: exclusion is solely based on graphics bias, it looks to me. The devs are serious and give pretty good estimates for feature completion, and update the game without fail (almost) every single Friday. If freaking Barkley 2 is on the list (which I am excited for in some sense, don't get me wrong), which is a game that has shown almost nothing to backers and has been in development forever, then CoQ should be too. It is already a great freaking game! Plenty of Codexers are excited about it! C'mon!

Last edited:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Only thing I'm really really excited about is the Underrail Expansion and The New World.

Wasteland 3 will probably be okayish/decent, hopefully a big improvement on WL2, so yeah, I will play that.

Copper Dreams, sure, I'm down.

No truce with the furies, system shock 3 (and the remake of 1) and of course PoE 2, yea, I will play and also probably enjoy all of those.

Other than mentioned games, nothing to look forward to in terms of rpgs.

Higher Game

Arcane
I bet everyone is really going to be pleasantly surprised by Barkley 2. +MI'm also surprised the Banner Saga isn't given the honor it deserves.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Like the last year's thread here are somehow notable upcoming RPGs that are not in the list, incline or not:
Your list is missing CrossCode, which is the thing I'm looking forward to the most this year.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Out of that list only Battletech and Shock 3, though I find it extremely unlikely that the latter will be better than Prey which, despite lackluster enemy design and a rushed last third and overstaying its welcome, is IMO still the successor to System Shock 2 we've been waiting for and that will, in retrospect, be viewed the same way we view New Vegas in relation to Fallout 1/2.

Oh, and if you disagree, please feel free to make a Prey vs System Shock 2 thread. I've already explained why the game really is quite good, especially when you play them both side by side. The main reason is that, despite the limitations, there is still more freedom of approach in Prey. As in Fallout, there are usually 4-5 solutions to any given problem. System Shock 2 is a very linear experience start to finish. But it does have a better atmosphere, more interesting enemies. 1 has the interesting maps open to you from the start, unlike Shock 2 or Prey.

I honestly think a lot of Prey-dislike is mainly being edgy; I've played Shock 2 ~12 times on the hardest difficulty and I love the game inside out but I am not blind to its clunky combat, the extremely linear nature and the just as disappointing last third of the game. Also, ghosts.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom