Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
1zq7txl.jpg

Ermm

Erudite
Bioware is really batshit insane..............if they really think they would get away with this.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If I were a comedian, I'd seriously be worried about my career right now. How can your material still compete with real life happenings these days?

Edit: Of course they'll get away with this, last time they banned people from every EA game ever just for some forum posts and all that happened was they had to reverse it.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Bioware makes a shitty game staffed with crazed zealots, who would have guessed it?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Of course they will get away with it. Such a huge thing has to be carefully planned long in advance and undoubtedly the lawyers have set up the user licenses appropriately...

Elwro

Arcane
SAN FRANCISCO – Shares of Electronic Arts Inc. fell nearly 3% to $17.75 on Thursday morning after an analyst with Brean Murray Carret & Co. cut his price target on the stock to $22 from $28, citing concerns about the recently released online multi-player game "Star Wars: The Old Republic." In a note to clients, analyst Todd Mitchell wrote that "creeping concerns" about the performance of "Star Wars" -- which was released in late December -- is causing him to trim his earnings estimates for the 2013 fiscal year. "Specifically, initial sales appear to be below expectations, and casual observation of early play is causing us to rethink our churn assumptions," Mitchell wrote.​

It's amazing what one Todd armed just with initial sales data and "casual observation" can do!

Elwro

Arcane
Now the stituation is a tiny bit different. EA realised they have built up quite a bad reputation, so they're naming more and more studios "Bioware X", "Bioware Y" etc.

Ermm

Erudite
Even if Bioware dies, someone will pick up ME and Dragon Age. This shit ain't gonna end very soon.

Rhalle

Magister
Now the stituation is a tiny bit different. EA realised they have built up quite a bad reputation, so they're naming more and more studios "Bioware X", "Bioware Y" etc.
Yep. Perhaps the EA corporate nuke will be a mirv this time, though. We can hope.

EA could just sell Bioware to Activision or Zionmax for extra lulz to save their profits.

I quoted that just so I could say Activezion.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I'm pretty sure this shit is illegal in most countries. Class action lawsuit incoming?

Pretty sure that's what the Origin EULA is for. Though obviously not for all countries.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom