Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

RPGMaster

Savant
Stop the world I want to get off.
fYvPYde.jpg

Still, much like MASS EFFECT the first one is the best and the sequel is very overrated.
Agree with this, the first one works perfectly fine as a standalone film and is just great as it is and probably the best in the series, then the sequel came and ruined some of it and took a darker tone that all the edgy kids got hooked on, it didn't do much plotwise good or bad but it set up for further decline down the road. The third film was just all over the place, on some level it was a nice conclusion to the story but it added so many retarded things like the ewoks and Death Star Mk II and that's just starting out. Star Wars never needed to be a trilogy, a series or a franchise, it just needed to be a good film.

Also STAR WARS is a perfectly paced film that builds and keeps building until its spectacular ejaculatory climax. EMPIRE STRIKES BACK stops and starts more than a Chevrolet Vega.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
This going to be like the Mass Effect 3 thread where you momos go on for 100 pages about nothing?

What else is there to discuss about another shitty action game from BioWare?
There's always the option of not discussing. But I guess that's silly.

ALL BioWare games discussed on the codex are gigantic shitposter/retard magnets.

That will never happen. Ever.

imweasel

This going to be like the Mass Effect 3 thread where you momos go on for 100 pages about nothing?

What else is there to discuss about another shitty action game from BioWare?
There's always the option of not discussing. But I guess that's silly.

ALL BioWare games discussed on the codex are gigantic shitposter/retard magnets.

That will never happen. Ever.
We should install extremely powerful retard anti-magnets in the Bioware threads to see if repelling the retards and shitposters will allow a decent discussion to ensue.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Or we could just move these shitty console action garbage game threads to the proper forum..... retardo. :M

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Well , besides all well deserved shit on them, Bioware (i hate their LGBT propaganda and some design decisions too - like too much action oriented gameplay ) managed to create one of the most memorable characters in cRpg genre together with great worlds with nice lore, presented in spectacular way. So we can keep shitstorm on them, but we should also remember how many things they did good for all these years.
Mass Effect trilogy main flaw was to linear world and too much action (like someone said above it was almost like shooter ) , on the other note ability to transfer consequences of your choices between 3 parts (including great idea of comic novel for newcomers at part 3) and epic presentation of world and some characters was really top.
I think Bioware could lack in mechanics or hard crpg feautres but these people are simply great in creating illusion of emotions in designed worlds, and overall experience after playing their titles is good when you not expecting too much in terms of advanced crpg mechanics.
Mass Effect was (is) great space opera, and fine break from more serious cRpg games , it's light crpg, excellent for newcomers into genre and good holiday for more experienced roleplayers.

Well , besides all well deserved shit on them, Bioware (i hate their LGBT propaganda and some design decisions too - like too much action oriented gameplay ) managed to create one of the most memorable characters in cRpg genre together with great worlds with nice lore, presented in spectacular way.
3TYBR4V.jpg

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well , besides all well deserved shit on them, Bioware (i hate their LGBT propaganda and some design decisions too - like too much action oriented gameplay ) managed to create one of the most memorable characters in cRpg genre together with great worlds with nice lore, presented in spectacular way. So we can keep shitstorm on them, but we should also remember how many things they did good for all these years.
Mass Effect trilogy main flaw was to linear world and too much action (like someone said above it was almost like shooter ) , on the other note ability to transfer consequences of your choices between 3 parts (including great idea of comic novel for newcomers at part 3) and epic presentation of world and some characters was really top.
I think Bioware could lack in mechanics or hard crpg feautres but these people are simply great in creating illusion of emotions in designed worlds, and overall experience after playing their titles is good when you not expecting too much in terms of advanced crpg mechanics.
Mass Effect was (is) great space opera, and fine break from more serious cRpg games , it's light crpg, excellent for newcomers into genre and good holiday for more experienced roleplayers.

I respect your opinion, but I honestly disagree.

For me the list of things that are good about Mass Effect are as follows:
-Lair of the Shadow Broker
-Final few missions of Mass Effect 1
-Javik
-Some side missions

And that's it.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
That was actually rather posiitive for the 'Honest Trailer' fellows. Bewbs and AZZ./

Tytus

Arcane
pCtAMxy.png

NWrEI75.png

It's all ok guys! Salarians look better than ever! This will be the best game ever! Mass Effect 4 game of the decade confirmed!

Bliblablubb

Arcane
So much moah immershun! I don't know what else this game has to offer, but Crysis had great faces and was a hit because of this!

:day 1 pirate booty:

kain30

Cipher
mass effect?? more like ass effect! >_<. i did´t like it. they sold the game as an rpg and it were a 3rd person shooter with attributes... and the dialog system was horrible

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom