Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect: Andromeda Pre-Release Thread

kain30

Cipher
no, i prefer my CRPG games more like the old fallouts, arcanum, etc...

Bliblablubb

Arcane
At least with their short lifespan you don't have to worry about longterm commitment! The emotional engaging romance during the plot is already a life's worth love for them.

Take that feminists!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
More Eurogamer shillin': http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-live-mass-effect-4-developer-roundtable-here

Watch BioWare's live Mass Effect 4 developer roundtable here
Starting at 6pm GMT.

Happy N7 Day, Mass Effect fans! BioWare is set to reveal more information on Mass Effect 4 this evening at 6pm GMT as part of its annual 7th November celebrations.

We've seen glimpses of the game already - starting with a first look at concept art and in-engine footage on N7 Day last year.

Early alpha footage of the resurrected Mako vehicle was then shown in July, at San Diego Comic-Con.

Today we're hoping for something more concrete, although BioWare may still choose to be cautious with new details to avoid overshadowing fantasy role-playing game Dragon Age: Inquisition, which after its short delay is still a couple of weeks from release.

But we have hope for answers to some of the high-level questions surrounding Mass Effect 4 (and we'll keep calling it that until BioWare announces its proper title).

It's title, then, but also information on when its story takes place in comparison to earlier games and what settings it will focus on (new areas of our galaxy or a fresh area of space entirely?).

While you wait for 6pm, you can catch up on everything we know about Mass Effect 4 so far - and let us know in the comments below what you'd like to see revealed. Speculation from everyone!

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Has he the required past as SJW and slashfiction writer to get that prestigious position?

curry

Arcane

Halo had writing?
2mqmc5k.png

Frusciante

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Even though its Bioware I'm still excited about Mass effect 4. I just love sci-fi too much. And this is one of the few rpg games with space exploration rpg gameplay. Return of Mako and open world planet's might be good too.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-07-mass-effect-4-concept-art-teases-new-planets-races

Mass Effect 4 concept art teases new planets, races
At least two new alien types included, plus a hint at a new-look Citadel.

BioWare has shown off a selection of new concept images from Mass Effect 4, including the homeworlds of two new alien species.

While the races themselves were not shown, BioWare said that much could be inferred from the look of their home planets.

One is a lush, idyllic world where technology and nature appear to be in harmony.

jpg

The other new world is something of the opposite. It looks like something the borg would make - dark, angular, hostile.

jpg

Other environments suggested the scale of the landscapes on offer compared to your mako land vehicle, including what looked like a barren asteroid and a world of odd rock formations and bubbling pools.

jpg

jpg

One of the most leading images shown was that of a familiar-looking space station. What may be our first look at the new, rebuilt Citadel features the same faux-sky design, now with what looks like a whole forest in space.

jpg

BioWare concluded with a look at a new map interface for players when exploring worlds - something that the developer says it wants to let you do for hours on end - and a look at how navigation through space might appear.

jpg

jpg

While perhaps not as revealing as expected (due to the current focus on the impending Dragon Age: Inquisition launch instead), BioWare also stated that the game would feature the story of a new main character on their journey to becoming a hero - not someone like Shepard who became one from the moment the original Mass Effect trilogy began.

The existence of two new alien races fits with early details of the project that were posted online back in 2013 after a select group of fans were invited for an early sneak-peek at the game. For more, here's everything else we know about Mass Effect 4 so far.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Given the omission of core characters and story fragments, when the game's official title is revealed, it certainly won't be "Mass Effect 4". But there will be no upheavals in the game's genre or design - it will be "the same type of game as the first three", Roy has said. Romance options are again due for inclusion and "there is no reason to believe" that same-sex options will be omitted, reflecting BioWare's existing commitment to diversity in its output.
sgvNtOu.png

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Concept art looks fantastic. Too bad we're gonna see only corridors and series of middle-sized rooms.

Btw did they say anything of value? I watched the first few minutes and it was full of PR jizz (game's great, the team is great, what a great opportunity, everything's great, on and on).

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira
Btw did they say anything of value?
No, the Montreal team seemed to get that exploring stuff should get more attention than just a couple of randomized terrain maps though.

I'm not impressed by the concept art, they always had nice concept arts, the problem was that they never ever did them justice in the actual game. It was always a tight corridor and at rare times if you were lucky there was an half-assed vista as a backdrop. All the hubs were claustrophobically small and all missions were always just as linear as they could possibly be, the massive scale of the locations were just there to taunt the player.
N7whYY1.jpg

G4eaYkA.jpg

Kun3Es7.jpg

UF72Fhj.jpg

kibA7MP.jpg

rayQKu4.jpg

iebk4Zj.jpg

bo5OWAF.jpg

1BEjo5I.jpg

N2SA6zP.jpg

UL9c9D0.jpg

Now this is what the games actually look like 60% of the time:
Kf2bVrx.jpg

The other 40% is spend with a camera pointed towards the PC or NPC while they are engaged in a long dull conversation which isn't made any more fun by the fact that the characters looks like plastic dolls with really greasy hair and bad animations. All I'm wondering when I see the futuristic mushroom houses is what sort of crates will be used for chest high walls and what sort of boring stilted conversations you could have on an uncharted world to make it seem much less interesting and what sort of inane cringy jokes that biotweprs thinks are witty will be made about the geysers.

imweasel

Sounds like they really are making a DA:I in space. I can hardly wait to drive around with the Mako for 150 hours collecting banalities and unlocking achievements while romancing aliens.

:kwafuckyeah:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Who needs this shit? They ruined the franchise already with the second game so thoroughly that all that is left is to let ME simply die.
First of all you can't really ruin something that's decline shit already. And second, the second was better than the first.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom