Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

• Might and Magic: Book I

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Votes: 59 8.0%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Votes: 181 24.5%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

Votes: 210 28.4%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Might and Magic IX

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Might and Magic X

Votes: 73 9.9%

• Total voters

Luzur

Good Sir
Eh, you have Sceptic in yer party but not me.

check you musket privilege JAESUN!!

Orzie

Arbiter
A fundamental breakthrough in MM 6-8 modding! The Might and Magic 8.5 Team has created a demo video of a new location: the Dead City!

With these developments we will be able to see many more previously undiscovered areas of Jadame with fascinating stories, innovative geometry and lots of gameplay fun from a game we all love.

P.S. No textures/NPCs yet.

Luzur

Good Sir
Hey, i was about to post that!!

I'll just post this instead LOL

orzie said:
Good news everyone!

It's time to introduce Anton Petrov, our new 3D artist! With his recent activity the work has already become a lot faster!
---
And of course, as expected, here is the information about another new location of Jadame: The Rocky Gorge

The Rocky Gorge is a territory belonging to the Necromancers of Shadowspire. The whole place is surrounded by impassable rocks, so that it is accessible only via air transport or magic. With the growth of the Necromancers Guild (we should remind that according to our storyline, the Necromancers were stronger than the Temple of the Sun) a certain inquisitor order from Antagarich has arrived to Jadame to assault the new Necromancer domain.

The player will have to meet both sides, and traditionally, to choose from the two with the exctinction of another one. This location is very important for the Death Knight class because the Pit of the Dead Souls is situated in the area - and this place is responsible for the promotion quest.
---
1 - Dark Citadel, a domain of the Death Knights.
zoFgALmokuY.jpg

2 - The Capitol, also being a Cathedral. This building was captured by the inquisitors and transformed to their HQ.
CKjEJJiqkM0.jpg

3, 4 - Some local architecture pieces.
2_R7NDdRfuQ.jpg
zwaX-4827Uc.jpg

5 - The Pit of the Dead Souls entrance.
f56dX9sRWVA.jpg

6 - Dark Citadel, underground.
P6B3nPPCTSE.jpg

And this:

savetara said:
Thank you friends and fans for your support on this project. It has been rough road these last few months, but all in all I am a bit better than before. I still haven't found the Divine Intervention book yet, but I'm sure it will turn up eventually.

Anyways, I am back to work full time on LOE Armageddon. Progress is going in a good direction. The system has been revamped for optimal creation, this will speed things up dramatically. Example: Instead of making thousands of lines of coding for every single object to respawn in the world, I now have single ids for each object which will manipulate each type.

Lots of work is going on right now. I try to post here as much as I can, but facebook is the most up to date for info on LOE.

https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

Felicia%20City.jpg

Last edited:

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Alright so I am exploring Luxus Castle, and I have a question regarding one of the rooms in the first level of its dungeon.
I found a room restricting dwarves from my party, entering I was teleported away and cursed for having dwarves, right. Going back to middlegate inn to leave my dwarves behind I venture back only to find myself "showered in a cascade of pellets" and my party appareantly "feels slightly different".
I rested to see what had changed but I do not notice any given effect. Stats are the same, haven't recieved yet another sex- or alignment change and the likes. Any hint of what it was about?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Do the more expensive costing Temples give you a better blessing spell, or are they all the same.

They *seem* all the same to me, but that could just be user observation error...

madrigal

Augur
Alright so I am exploring Luxus Castle, and I have a question regarding one of the rooms in the first level of its dungeon.
I found a room restricting dwarves from my party, entering I was teleported away and cursed for having dwarves, right. Going back to middlegate inn to leave my dwarves behind I venture back only to find myself "showered in a cascade of pellets" and my party appareantly "feels slightly different".
I rested to see what had changed but I do not notice any given effect. Stats are the same, haven't recieved yet another sex- or alignment change and the likes. Any hint of what it was about?
It may randomly effect a single character HP, do you train exclusively at atlantium?

Watser

Arcane
It may randomly effect a single character HP, do you train exclusively at atlantium?
Positive, when I found out that the different trainers had different fees and that it was tied to the quality of training recieved I have only been training at atlantium since. I think since level 8-9 or so

bloodlover

Arcane
Is alchemy reeeeaaaaly that needed in M&M 7 ? Most guides/tips/random posts I see online about party composition include a druid but mostly because he can max alchemy.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Is alchemy reeeeaaaaly that needed in M&M 7 ? Most guides/tips/random posts I see online about party composition include a druid but mostly because he can max alchemy.

M&M 7 is rather easy game so nothing is really needed in order to finish it. I've beaten the game without advanced alchemy or a thief, and since archers are pathetic at disarming traps every chest exploded in my face. For God's sake it's Might and Magic, not Wizardry, you don't have to min max or read guides before playing.

madrigal

Augur
Positive, when I found out that the different trainers had different fees and that it was tied to the quality of training recieved I have only been training at atlantium since. I think since level 8-9 or so
One of your characters will get a small boost in HP related to the inefficient early training, you might have to rest before it changes.

madrigal

Augur
Alchemy is very powerful and can permanently boosts stats and potions can be sold for lots of money. Druids are very good until end game and get a lot of spell points due to meditation and getting bonus spell points from both personality and intellect.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Do the more expensive costing Temples give you a better blessing spell, or are they all the same.

They *seem* all the same to me, but that could just be user observation error...
They're the same, except there are separate achievements (I forget if that's what they're called, you can find them in your stats) for being blessed in each of the 5 temples.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Don't make your party based just around that, you can buy black potions in shops anyway, and as others have said, it's MM7, you don' NEED to make a superpowered munchkin party. Even without the stat boosts from potions you'll do fine. Only take a druid if you actually want one.

Snorkack

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
And this:

savetara said:
Thank you friends and fans for your support on this project. It has been rough road these last few months, but all in all I am a bit better than before. I still haven't found the Divine Intervention book yet, but I'm sure it will turn up eventually.

Anyways, I am back to work full time on LOE Armageddon. Progress is going in a good direction. The system has been revamped for optimal creation, this will speed things up dramatically. Example: Instead of making thousands of lines of coding for every single object to respawn in the world, I now have single ids for each object which will manipulate each type.

Lots of work is going on right now. I try to post here as much as I can, but facebook is the most up to date for info on LOE.

https://www.facebook.com/thelegendoferthia

Felicia%20City.jpg
Man, this looks exactly like the game I have always been waiting for since M&M II. But their facebook page doesn't seem to be too informative: Each mockup screen looks like it's a totally different style and more oriented towards Ultima clone / Jrpg. Are they done with brainstorming yet? Is there a fleshed out concept already? Cuz' I'd play the fuck out of this if it provides what this screen promises.
Also it really bugs me how the seemingly burliest party member is in fourth position. People like him belong in the first spot, as it is known.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
r00fles! I forgot that to get 2 certain Orbs of Power, you have to actually MURDER 2 NPC's. WHAT KIND OF MESSAGE ARE YOU TRYING TO TEACH CHILDEREN JVC?

Damned Registrations

Well it's not like you need all of them anyways unless you're giving them to the evil king too. In which case... the message that you're being an evil douche?

Watser

Arcane
One of your characters will get a small boost in HP related to the inefficient early training, you might have to rest before it changes.
Maybe you are able to help me with this one as well. Mapping Peabody's first level dungeon, and went to the 'no humans' tile. "Powerful currents move rapidly from your feet to your head", once again I dont seem to have noticed any effect.

Dorateen

Arcane
This is a recurring event you are going to find in all the castle dungeons. If you are curious, I will quote from Corak himself:

In the dungeons below each castle, characters can gain a random amount of hit points permanently if they follow the proper procedure. make sure you heed the signs that isolate the different races, and then actively seek out where they are prohibited entry. Depending upon the dungeon level, few or many hit points can be attained.

Also, Lamanda is a bitch for outlawing dwarves, but not as bad as the Empress from MMX.

DaveO

Erudite
The Maze From Hell. Oh just fuck you. Grabbing the Keykard and getting the fuck outta Dodge!

Minotaurs and Medusas in that place if I recall correctly. And the lands outside are deadly if you don't have levitate cast.

Damned Registrations

My memory is a bit fuzzy on the matter, but iirc some of the minotaurs are worth crazy amounts of xp. Like multiple millions of xp.

Though I guess at some point xp stops mattering anyways since you kill everything with disinitgrate or whatever the best sorceror spell was.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Minotaurs are the only scary enemies in MM3. Liches and ED-213s (or whatever those robots are called) can be nasty too. Otherwise things tend be be quite easy compared to MM2.

Magellan

Augur
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Man, this looks exactly like the game I have always been waiting for since M&M II. But their facebook page doesn't seem to be too informative: Each mockup screen looks like it's a totally different style and more oriented towards Ultima clone / Jrpg. Are they done with brainstorming yet? Is there a fleshed out concept already? Cuz' I'd play the fuck out of this if it provides what this screen promises.

There are three different Legend of Erthia games that he's working on. Armageddon is the Might and Magic style game. The Ethereal Gate is an Ultima 7 style game. Resurrection I believe is an open world sandbox game.

erthia

Educated
Snorkack:
As Magellan mentioned, there are three versions of LOE: Armageddon, The Etheral Gate, and Resurrection. Armageddon is the Might and Magic inspired gameplay while the Etheral Gate is the Ultima inspired gameplay. Resurrection is the open world sandbox game similar to Ultima Online but played offline. Resurrection was going to be TEG, but due to the bugs in the combat script it didn't handle party members too well, but solo is perfect. So, that's why I decided to branch it off into Resurrection rather than just scrapping all the work I have put into it. The party member setup is just my preference. You will be able to create your own characters and change character positions at anytime. The brainstorming has been completed a long time ago. LOE - Armageddon has over 60 maps now, full database of spells, equipment, and currently over 80 unique monsters and growing. There are over 100 quests in the game just being ready to be called by NPCs. So, a lot is completed. LOE - TEG and Resurrection are still in the early phases. LOE - Armageddon and TEG share the same story, but are played differently. As for the FB info section, yeah, it is due for an update! Thanks for taking an interest in the project. :)

EDIT:

Magellan:
I just saw your post above, I guess you have been following pretty well because LOE - Resurrection is pretty new. Th

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom