Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

• Might and Magic: Book I

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Votes: 59 8.0%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Votes: 180 24.5%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

Votes: 208 28.3%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Votes: 128 17.4%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Might and Magic IX

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Might and Magic X

Votes: 73 9.9%

• Total voters

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
How do i go into secret room? I think alacorn might be there.
GSfU3e5.jpg

oCu2BMX.jpg

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I don't remember, did you get the hints from the prisoner(s) and the skull* (paying gems) ?
Otherwise, try to focus might boosts on one char (Knight or Barbarian ).

*One of them gives a legit info.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
14axyxk.jpg

Riddle, or ingame lore? Getting teleported away and having to fight a trashmob every time is a hassle.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's probably love. If it is indeed love, it isn't as bullshit as some riddles in MM3. "The greatest force of all" gives it away in that fairy-tale-like way.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
It's probably love. If it is indeed love, it isn't as bullshit as some riddles in MM3. "The greatest force of all" gives it away in that fairy-tale-like way.
That would've made sense, but it's 10 letters. I'm really only asking to know if it is in fact a riddle, or if I'm supposed to find the solution somewhere in the game. You're welcome to guess, though, since you don't know the answer. :)

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
I'm about 20 hours into MM1 according to GOG Galaxy's log thing (which means not really), and I finally feel like my problems with poison are behind me.
Just kidding :x
Made 5th level sorcerer, and I am happy to report that The Fireball Moment is every bit as awesome as it was in Pool of Radiance. Maybe even more so, considering how useless my sorcerer has been lately.
I've been skimming through this thread, and I'm a bit worried that I haven't found any of these quests everyone is going on about, apart from the courier quest from the Sorpigal dungeon, which I haven't been able to complete. Is this prohibiting me from discovering other quests? There is a Remove Quest Cleric spell, after all.
No sign of the main quest yet either, but that doesn't worry me so much. I'm sure it'll turn up eventually, as those things are wont to do.
There's no way to identify item properties, right? I've just been consulting a list, but if there is I'll stop using it.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Things will open up quest wise once you find the Merchant Pass, that gives access to the Castles where the quest giving Lords reside.

No in-game way to ID items, unlike MM2.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Tito Anic
This one is tricky.

You clean the entire city from monsters, rooms and secret passage along the western wall included, then you ring the north-western gong and get back to the mayor (?) (the guy whom gave the quest, in the tent)

then you do it all over again as the ghosts re-spawned
and again ? i'm not sure

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
No in-game way to ID items
That's pretty lame. What were you supposed to do back in the days ? Buy a hint-book (if there was one) or go blind ?
You can also tell by the prices of weapons in stores, where for the most part more expensive = better, and once you learn which items are magical using that sorcerer spell, you can just test them. I can't be bothered, though.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am replaying the world xeen and the inventory system is still meh. Thank god that the game is easy and you can't just ignore item min-maxing. Are there any mods for the game??? Also is there any difference between knight and adventure when you begin the game?

Eggs is eggs

Learned
Combats are more difficult in warrior mode. I believe the game was balanced around warrior mode so that should be considered "normal" and adventurer should be "easy." Otherwise nothing is different. I read in an interview somewhere that JVC's wife wanted to just focus on the game and didn't like the combats so they put in easy mode.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I am replaying the world xeen and the inventory system is still meh. Thank god that the game is easy and you can't just ignore item min-maxing. Are there any mods for the game??? Also is there any difference between knight and adventure when you begin the game?

There's a mod by the same author for MM3 and Xeen, makes the game harder, less attacks (but more hp), enemies status effect are harder to avoid, tougher monsters and so on.

http://www.jeffludwig.com/xeen/download.php

Tito Anic

you just find your way through the sand area and destroy the machine, i think http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/pc/mm4_5/

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Anybody know if Drain Lifeforce does anything? Wights keep spamming it, but I don't see any change in HP, SP or stats, and there's no option to cure anything at the temple.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom