Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic The Might and Magic Discussion Thread

What is the best Might & Magic game in the series?

• Might and Magic: Book I

Votes: 17 2.3%
  • Might and Magic II: Gates to Another World

Votes: 29 3.9%
  • Might and Magic III: Isles of Terra

Votes: 59 8.0%
  • Might and Magic: World of Xeen

Votes: 182 24.6%
  • Might and Magic: Swords of Xeen

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Might and Magic VI: The Mandate of Heaven

Votes: 210 28.4%
  • Might and Magic VII: For Blood and Honor

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • Might and Magic VIII: Day of the Destroyer

Votes: 26 3.5%
  • Might and Magic IX

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Might and Magic X

Votes: 73 9.9%

• Total voters

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think it should age you up.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
In which game ?
I'd try the manual, for mm 3- 5 there's a lot of information in there.
Isn't there some drain level or stats mechanism ? Have you tried divine intervention ?

Edit : I can't help with M&M 1 :P sounds like a drain stat / level / max HP though

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That's MM1, sorry. And it didn't age my characters.
mystery.png

Darth Canoli

Arcane
4. NAME: Remove Condition
COST: 5 SP + 3 Gems
TYPE: Anytime
TARGET: 1 character
DESCRIPTION: Releases character from all undesirable conditions except dead, stoned or eradicated.
So, uh, this spell cures every condition that a cleric at this level can already cure. I suppose if you somehow managed to get a character blinded, paralysed and poisoned at the same time, this spell would be useful.

5. NAME: Restore Energy
COST: 5 SP + 3 Gems
TYPE: Anytime
TARGET: 1 character
DESCRIPTION: Replaces 1-5 experience levels that have been lost or drained from character, up to his/her former level.
Maybe monsters that "drain lifeforce" when they hit are supposed to drain levels? They don't, though -- or if they do, it doesn't seem to stay in effect beyond the end of that battle. I've never needed to use this spell for anything.

Well, according to this, you should try remove condition or restore energy

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Status effects and monsters' "on touch" abilities are kind of a joke in MM1. The latter was mostly removed in the published game for balance reasons.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
The Merchants Pass was in C-1 this whole time?? :prosper:

Edit: And I just got 6000 XP for doing nothing at all. Terrific.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I have my party at level 7-8 in MM3. I have cleared first two cities,one external dungeon and a good piece of wilderness around. I can see the game's appeal. I'd like a lot how some skills like swim or mountaineering expands the exploration, or having to find enemy outposts to make them stop respawning.

I'd like the combat to be more complex or have the ability to see equipment stats outside of the shop, but it's a very fun game with a lot of charm.

My party: paladin, knight, ranger, cleric, ninja, sorcerer.

At this moment all members are useful for different reasons. Except the ranger, that is underwhelming. I guess he will become better when he got mana to cast more spells.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Don't expect complex combat from the MM series, except maybe from 1 and 2. Try Wizardry instead for that. The Ranger is a jack of all trades basically, they can do a little bit of everything. Since you don't have a Druid, he'll be useful for Water Walking later on.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Now i remember how annoying the passes and keys from World of xeen are,the worst is that they are pointles.
:dealwithit:

You're lucky you didn't try Grimoire "Armoire : Heralds of the Winged half-wit bodybuilder" then, you would know what a retarded systems with keys everywhere means.
I tried it,after an hour i decided to wait for the full version in another 20 years.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
That cave in B-3, with the six castle teleporters... :shredder:
Thank Christ for the Location spell. Still took me forever.

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
How did people beat the game(WoX) without clue book back then? It must took forever to figure out things.

What a great game i like everything about it: storm dungeon, kill monsters, LOOT, go to town, visit temple, gym, smith, guild, equip best stuff, spells - rinse and repeat:love:

Darth Canoli

Arcane
How did people beat the game(WoX) without clue book back then? It must took forever to figure out things.

Even before internet, paper magazines were offering clues, hints and even walkthrough, so, you just had to wait, people had more patience back then and spent less time on video games.

Dorateen all those youtubers have an irritating voice at the very least, so far, the only one i can watch without having the urge to hammer my computer's speakers is Seth (or something like that), the only drawback being he's not very kind to the M&M franchise.

Edit : Here we go

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Deal with RPGs long enough and you start needing stimulants.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom