Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The most hilarious Oblivion ever.

After having seen this posted after Stooges raged against Oblivion's NPCs, video at which point I couldn't stop laughing,

I decided to start a thread about there most ridiculous Oblivion videos ever.

Feel free to post, I'll start with that:

And that's why Oblivion is god-like.

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

Never not post this

Edit: I guess the Gamer Poop series could be a nice extra

pippin

And it's not like a special character or anything like that, it's just an alchemist selling alchemist gear iirc.
She's also from House Hlaalu.

pippin

Reading v hearing is different, though.
Morrowind has plenty of weird shit. Like you came across a (very contemporary) stripclub and it doesn't surprise you at all. When everything's weird, nothing is weird. Oblivion has an uncanny valley problem, because they wanted to simulate real people, but magic does not exist in the real world.

MilesBeyond

Cipher
I love Oblivion. So much. It's videogaming's The Room. I like to think that it's intentionally terrible as a postmodern commentary. We are the Oblivion NPCs of reality. We fill our days with inane repetitive conversation with carbon copies of ourselves and react with homicidal violence anytime something disrupts this. We eat, but do not taste. We sleep, but do not dream. We live, but do not have life. Our entire life revolves around the Greater, the PC, whom we foist all our problems upon. But the PC is not here. He is repeatedly jumping into a wall trying to level his Acrobatics. Who, then, shall resolve our problems? No one, and they remain.

I feel like someone should make a machinema of a typical Oblivion NPC conversation only in black and white and with sudden, jarring close-ups every few seconds and see how it does at film festivals.

Ventidius

Arbiter
Here's another one:

Though technically, that should be Fallout 3, since it has guns and V.A.T.S. combat.

DraQ

Arcane
The only truly good thing to come from Oblivion, though (apart from the expansion which is merely sorta-not-that-bad-if-you-squint-hard-enough and Divinity 2 which uses its engine) is Prequel, which is somehow awesome and full of earlier and later TES references and lore (often obscure, the author has very clearly played the living fuck out of Morrowind and Daggerfall, and his attention to detail clearly show that he isn't some addled oblivtard - the guy is a fucking artist even if making the dead - or in this case the derp - arise and walk makes it a dark art indeed) while also staying completely true to the garbage that was Oblivion, except in a completely non-garbage-y way - somehow.

http://www.prequeladventure.com/2011/03/prequel-begin/
Having started as MSPaint adventure the beginning is kind of meh in terms of visuals, but rest assured that later on it begins to incorporate kickass animations, minigames, and weird effects achieved through scripting.

If you really need to have anything to do with Oblivion, let it be Prequel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom