Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The New-Codex's facebookish interface is actually... good.

New Codex's interface

• Facebook crap, PURGE THE JEWBOOK FILTH!

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Its okay, I guess. (UNDECISIVE FAGGOT)

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I like it and I think its a good new addition.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Kingcomrade

Votes: 13 28.3%

• Total voters
Am I the only one who likes the New Codex's interface?
For example, I like a lot that quotes and brofists spawn notifications, that gives topics a lot more life because they don't get lost under a deluge of topics anymore. Also conversations make some things quite convenient, like games akin to Garfunkel's Aurora game. People sometimes summon me when they think its a matter of interest to me, which helps me keep updated.

I would dare say the facebookish interface works better on the Codex than on facebook itself, because the Codex is a still forum, whereas facebosta is always burying old content under piles and piles of new lame content, so whereas the New Codex keeps conversations rolling for more time in topics, Facebosta's version of alerts merely serve to tell you that somebody did something that might interest you, say, HEUHEUHEUHEUHUHE at one of your jokes.

... and that's all the compliments I will make for a year, I need to find something to rage over and complain or else I will lose my edge.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
The notifications are useful and brofists save space.

New search is shit. Custom avatar is shit. Rest of the features are pointless for users.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
This thread seems to be fitting for my question - since yesterday or so, I have to click on the "Alert" button to show all my, alerts. Previously, it was enough to just hover over it. Now this is not an issue or complaint, was just curious if something was changed or if it is a problem on my end?

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'd love to see the old avatar system come back, it really contributed to the atmosphere of this place, made everything classier.
Also, there would be no more ponies.

I'm sure The Brazilian Slaughter would agree!

Hellraiser

Arcane
The no avatar gallery issue is due to xenoforo being gay as fuck. DU already tried solving that issue but there simply is no solution other than ditching xenforo IIRC, maybe one day somebody will make an extension or something allowing that.

Severian Silk

Declaring the next 30 days as alert The Brazilian Slaughter month.

"Du-de-du-de-du, I wonder what sort of alerts I will get today, hope its more brofists, gotta surpass Felipepe one da..."

"HOLY SHIT 111 ALERTS!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111"

What hath The Brazilian Slaughter wrought upon himself.

I wonder if The Brazilian Slaughter will make it through this month as stoically as The Brazilian Slaughter did the first.

Wanna see? Cause I totally will.

I am actually in luck, because I did two previous posts in site feedback (Tags + Dice) and somehow I did not pay The Price.

ITZ already here, bro.

so it's another The Brazilian Slaughter alert month? How quaint.

ITZ penalty for asking and obtaining two things from moderation, bro. Gotta roll with it.

Nah, I think they're all there. All 111 of them, so far.

I'd love to see the old avatar system come back, it really contributed to the atmosphere of this place, made everything classier.
Also, there would be no more ponies.

I'm sure The Brazilian Slaughter would agree!

Agreed, there was a increased flair and atmosphere and prevented generican avatars from crappy anime and stuff. Too bad Xenforo doesn't support it.

OK.

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
facebookish

Attachments

• How to use the Photos folder.txt
    567 bytes · Views: 165

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom