Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The New World Update #20: Crossing The Factory

Tigranes

Arcane
I know nothing about how massive cargo ships are built these days, so I won't armchair speculate about it. From a gameplay perspective it sounds funable.

Really hard to say much about the 'Design' bit at this level of abstraction - I mean it could be Deus Ex or Wasteland 2 or whatever in terms of these bullet points.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
778px-Bateaux_comparaison3.png

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Developer
That's the fight your way through path. You can kill a few gang members and turn back or push forward.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Vault Dweller, I'm not sure if you've ever clarified to what degree companions will be controllable. Will you be able to move them around as you wish outside of combat and have them do stuff or talk to people? Split your party between different areas (guess not)?

Vault Dweller

Developer
You're the party leader so you're the default talker. If one of your party members wants to contribute something to the conversation, you'll either ignore it or let them take it from there. Think of the conversation with the first assassin in Arcanum: Virgil wants to handle it, if you can let him or handle it yourself. It works the same way when tinkering with devices or locked doors. You can't split your party. The only exception is sneaking: you select a designated infiltrator the same way you select a decker in Shadowrun and this person is now on his own, counting only on his own skills and gear.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
You're the party leader so you're the default talker. If one of your party members wants to contribute something to the conversation, you'll either ignore it or let them take it from there. Think of the conversation with the first assassin in Arcanum: Virgil wants to handle it, if you can let him or handle it yourself. It works the same way when tinkering with devices or locked doors. You can't split your party. The only exception is sneaking: you select a designated infiltrator the same way you select a decker in Shadowrun and this person is now on his own, counting only on his own skills and gear.
So after handing off convo to a party member, you give up any further chance to have an effect on the outcome?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Most likely. We won't make the final decision on that until we have first few fully playable areas.

screeg

Arcane
Developer
Would be fun, and potentially great comic relief, to allow the player to "pilot" a few small conversations for the more violent or less conventional companion NPCs, like riotbot.

deuxhero

Arcane
That's the fight your way through path. You can kill a few gang members and turn back or push forward.

Will the remaining enemies alter their habits if you return (like Circle of Eight's "alert" moat house)?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom