Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New World update #23 - first screens!

The trenchcoat is made from bullet-resistant synthetic materials.

But will still transfer some of that kinetic energy into a concussion / blunt trauma, right?
If by that you mean it will act like AoD's DR, then the answer is yes. There are no special damage types (other than projectile, melee, energy).

Is combat largely the same as AoD as well?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
The core is the same (different attacks with different pros and cons, different abilities, action points, DR, status effects like crippled, knocked down, staggered, poisoned, etc) but the system is greatly expanded. Focus on ranged, cover, grenades (flash, smoke, poison, brainwave disruptor, etc), gadgets like energy shields and hologram projectors, different damage types (projectile, melee, energy).

So then will the encounters be pre-arranged set pieces as in AoD or more "emergent" as in most games, as in Fallout or Underrail?

Somehow I have trouble imagining AoD's close quarters combat repurposed into a more gadget/tool/ranged oriented play with the same pre-arranged set pieces and emphasis on direct confrontation. I keep thinking that it should have more flexibility for running around during combat, running between spaces, covers, breaking LOS with the enemy as tactics and whatnot.

croitav

I hate 3D graphics
30vdr1g.jpg

So many edgy retards who love godfuckingawful 3d graphics.
3d graphics has no place in iso/top down crpg, period.

Older codex know this:
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/3d-made-rpgs-shit.48436/ ,
modern codex is full of shit 3d lovers. Period.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Just gonna repeat, that the screens looks amazing for pre-alpha, before any art pass has been done, just raw straight from the progress right now type of screen.

Would love seeing a done screen with all the art passes in a orthographic perspective. Keep it up guys ! You doin great work :)

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
That ReGen! Boosters! Implants! sign reminds me of the Implants n Stuff store in Space Quest 6. I think it looks great. I saw the art pass pictures on the Iron Tower forum just now, they look even better. I didn't expect the cyberpunk look either, but I guess it makes sense.

Zeriel

Arcane
screenshots do have a bit of a sterile look to them but imo it's already visible that it will be a significant step up from AoD gfx-wise, so... bodes well I guess?

Yeah, I think people have forgotten what the first Age of Decadence screenshots looked like.

qqdf83.jpg

While I kind of like the 2D-esque models more, its hard to argue the game's looks didn't change by leaps and bounds.

croitav

I hate 3D graphics
Yeah, I think people have forgotten what the first Age of Decadence screenshots looked like.

qqdf83.jpg

While I kind of like the 2D-esque models more, its hard to argue the game's looks didn't change by leaps and bounds.

Except this looks trillion times better then current gfx.
For one it is 2d not 3d.

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron

qqdf83.jpg

Except this looks trillion times better then current gfx.
For one it is 2d not 3d.
3D is fine, just don't make me rotate the damn screen.

Althorion

Learned
For one it is 2d not 3d.
And you can actually see shit without fiddling with colour profiles—turns out there are more colours than brown, greyish brown, yellowish brown and dark brown.

:decline:

I’m mostly joking, but it was a problem for me when my eyes begged for mercy after an hour or so.

PanteraNera

Arcane
Jaysus fucking christ, all that bitching about graphic's if I wouldn't know better I would think I am on some stupid mainstream gaming site.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Starfield, The Outer Worlds and now The New World...... just another sci-fi game :troll:

Tito Anic

Arcane
Shitposter
Starfield, The Outer Worlds and now The New World...... just another sci-fi game :troll:

But only two of them will be RPG and only one of them will be SHINING FORTRESS of INCLINE:obviously:

Starfield will be breeding ground of alien zoofilia romance mods

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom