Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The NON-Steam Bargain Sale Mega Thread of Savings

Telengard

Arcane
Quest for Infamy (steam) is $5 on Bundlestars.
Before anyone rushes out to this one, Quest for Infamy is also in a groupees bundles at the $4 tier. https://groupees.com/bm16

$1 - Beyond Space, Betrayer, Blue Rose, Kingdom Rush, Depth Hunter 2
$4 - Quest for Infamy, 1954 Alcatraz, Point Perfect, WW I - Centennial Edition, Mystery

Overboard

Arcane
Hey guys, I know it requires an immense amount of effort to read thread titles, but did you know that this is the NON-Steam thread?

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
We do have a GoG thread, but all other roads leads to Steam. Even junk on Desura are giving Steam keys if they ever get Greenlighted. Gamersgate, GMG, Bundle stars etc are mostly selling Steam keys.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey guys, I know it requires an immense amount of effort to read thread titles, but did you know that this is the NON-Steam thread?

NON-Steam as in not from the Steam store, as I see it. I guess what you're looking for is a DRM-FREE Thread of MegaSavings type thing.

Turjan

Arcane

NON-Steam as in not from the Steam store, as I see it. I guess what you're looking for is a DRM-FREE Thread of MegaSavings type thing.
This thread is mostly for stuff on Origin, uPlay, or other old-fashioned DRM schemes, unless it's in a bundle.

Grim Monk

Arcane
I recall someone already posting about this, but can't :? find the post...

DLH.NET is giving away Steam keys for the following:
Two Worlds Epic Edition
Enclave
East India Company Gold Edition
Knightshift
Knights and Merchants HD
Pirates of Black Cove
Commander - Conquest Of The Americas

NOTE: People are saying it's recommended to register on DLH using a "throw away email" in case they start spamming you with rubbish.

After registering you can authenticate the keys direct to your Steam account from your DLH profile page.

They are giving away limited amounts (1000 keys) for each game every hour, but the process seems kind of wonky.

It showed that they were out of game keys yet when I clicked it redeemed, another time the reverse happened.
Also they said that new keys would appear in 50 minutes, yet I checked after 15 and was able to get a game.

Still I was successfully able to redeem "TW1", "Enclave", "K&M", and "Knightshift" to my account...
I'm didn't get "Nitro Games" titles as the "Internet Consensus" seems to be that they are soulless dumbed down :decline:.
Don't want to meaninglessly accumulate garbage just to boost ownership count...

Got "Knightshift" (which I never heard of before) on finding it praised by Darth Roxor and JarlFrank here.
Will see if my ;) trust in your opinion is well founded...

Last edited:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Will see if my ;) trust in your opinion is well founded...

That depends mostly on whether the translation holds up because most of the fun in Knightshift comes from potato humour and references :M

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That depends mostly on whether the translation holds up because most of the fun in Knightshift comes from potato humour and references :M
I dunno... I mean the original Polish version had tons of references to Polish (or rather pre-Polish) myths and history which I guess were either not translated or will not be understood by someone who has no knowledge about Slavic tribes and the creation of Poland.

Still, it's a good game. I think I still have a boxed edition somewhere. It was fairly cheap when released in comparison to other new releases and still I had more fun with it than with many AAA titles (and that's back in the times when AAA titles weren't synonymous with shit).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I dunno... I mean the original Polish version had tons of references to Polish (or rather pre-Polish) myths and history which I guess were either not translated or will not be understood by someone who has no knowledge about Slavic tribes and the creation of Poland.

Not just that. It also had lots of humour typical of stuff like the Kajko i Kokosz comic, very obviously 'anachronistic' and cross-referential. I am particularly curious how they translated one of the quotes of the huntsman - 'Jak mawiają wyspiarze, czas to money' ;)

Still, it's a good game.

That it is, tho

pippin

^ that offer works for certain european countries iirc.
however it seems that sim city 2000 is still available for free there.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
So now they will only give away fucking old games nobody cares about anymore? How original.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom