Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The only decent AAA games that have come out in the last 5 years

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned
The only decent semi-AAA game that has come out in the last 5ish, maybe more, years is Dishonored 2.

Well I can't say you're wrong because it's just opinions but boy is that not an opinion that would be widely shared. Even among people who play and enjoy CRPGs and have since the 90's or earlier. Your standard is decent, not even good or great, just decent, so this is not a hard list to compile.

• Dishonored 1
  • Prey (2017)
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • The Last of Us + Uncharted 4
  • Tomb Raider + Rise of the Tomb Raider
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Titanfall + Titanfall 2 (the campaign on TF2 is particularly good)
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • The Witcher 3
  • Arkham Knight
  • Bloodborne
  • (Insert Forza game here if you're into racing)
  • Doom (2016)
  • Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
  • Overwatch
  • Zelda: Breath of the Wild

This is nothing to do with being "self respecting", some people just aren't just insular elitists.

Sentinel

Arcane
The only decent semi-AAA game that has come out in the last 5ish, maybe more, years is Dishonored 2.

Well I can't say you're wrong because it's just opinions but boy is that not an opinion that would be widely shared. Even among people who play and enjoy CRPGs and have since the 90's or earlier. Your standard is decent, not even good or great, just decent, so this is not a hard list to compile.

• Dishonored 1
  • Prey (2017)
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • The Witcher 3
  • Arkham Knight
  • Bloodborne
  • Doom (2016)
  • Overwatch

This is nothing to do with being "self respecting", some people just aren't just insular elitists.
Out of that list, only Dishonored 1, Alien Isolation, WItcher 3, Bloodborne and DXMD are good.

Quillon

Arcane
I tried 6 of them;

Witcher 3 was awezum,
Sleeping Dogs was decent;
DXMD was shit, social boss bottles is shit, same cutscenes for every melee kill? keel me now.
Wolfenstein was not bad but got boring pretty quickly,
TR was ok but RoTR was shit,
Tried Prey recently; boring as fuck
& I hate the art style of Dishonored + slashing enemies felt like cutting through paper in that game, inflatable dolls.

I tried 8 of them apparently.

• Dishonored 1
  • Prey (2017)
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • The Witcher 3
  • Arkham Knight
  • Bloodborne
  • Doom (2016)
  • Overwatch

That's all shit, specially the new Doom.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Decent as in "playable without feeling like you are wasting your life". Of all those only Dishonored 1 counts and only as a stealth game.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

• Dishonored 1
  • Prey (2017)
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • The Witcher 3
  • Arkham Knight
  • Bloodborne
  • Doom (2016)
  • Overwatch

This is pretty solid list. I would add last Hitman which was actually lots of fun but got raided by rage brigades due to episodic format.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

• Dishonored 1
  • Prey (2017)
  • Sleeping Dogs
  • The Witcher 3
  • Arkham Knight
  • Bloodborne
  • Doom (2016)
  • Overwatch

Those are all shitty games.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Somehow I doubt he's played most of them. Particularly the console exclusives. How much is PS4 in Brazil? Like 1800 US dollars?

He'll probably say that he knows they've shit anyway.
i didn't know you have to play console games to know they're shit. you learn something new on the codex every day.
srsly, dudes, google some console game sites and don't shitpost in my codex.

Unwanted

Fin

Unwanted
Edgy
Somehow I doubt he's played most of them. Particularly the console exclusives. How much is PS4 in Brazil? Like 1800 US dollars?

i didn't know you have to play console games to know they're shit. you learn something new on the codex every day.

Uh dadnt knou yho halfv to. Read post to nat loak likue uh poptard ya learn samthing new an the site foour mental unstable rpg fackers every bust to bust

Reapa

Doom Preacher

Uh dadnt knou yho halfv to. Read post to nat loak likue uh poptard ya learn samthing new an the site foour mental unstable rpg fackers every bust to bust
stop stealing avatars. you are not Roguey.
or are you?...

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
A lot of great AAA games have come out in the last 5 years unless you're some edgy tryhard hipster who, in trying to maintain some idiotic e-persona, has lost his eye for actual quality.

Even just the Japanese market has, frankly, been outstanding in its high, consistent quality. Just recently, NieR: Automata, Persona 5, Nioh, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne have all delivered consistently high quality that is hard to argue with, unless, of course, you are some edgelord trying to be 'cool'.

ThoseDeafMutes

Learned

Enjoying a wide range of genres and games is shitposting, apparently.

mindfields

Learned
A lot of great AAA games have come out in the last 5 years unless you're some edgy tryhard hipster who, in trying to maintain some idiotic e-persona, has lost his eye for actual quality.

Even just the Japanese market has, frankly, been outstanding in its high, consistent quality. Just recently, NieR: Automata, Persona 5, Nioh, Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne have all delivered consistently high quality that is hard to argue with, unless, of course, you are some edgelord trying to be 'cool'.
And if you don't like Action games, that leaves you with...?

Reapa

Doom Preacher

what quality?

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
I hadn't read the list, but now that this stupid derail is a super-important new thread, I have. Here are my comments on the gaymes listed:

• I played some Overwatch in my brothers' computer (they are Yuge popamolers). It's an amusing overly erotic silly shooter to play for 30 minutes designed by a pedo-looking jew (pleonasm).

• I heard Sleeping Dogs is not a bad GTA clone, but with kung-fu chinks instead.

• Twitcher 3 won RPGCodex's Best RPG in the last 5 years award. I watched a gameplay video for 3 minutes and thought it was another retarded action game. Codex is full of poopamolers, news @ 11.

• Forza is a racing game and those can be good to play on consoles, I guess.

• There are like 10 shooters, generic or reharshed from good old games (Doom, Wolf3d, Deus Ex). Kill yourself if you play this. Same with the other action games (Tomb Raider, Zelda, Aliens).

Conclusion: List is shit. Basically don't play these games unless in a social situation with brothers/friends for 30 minutes. OP entered in the Hall of Shame.

RPK

Scholar
I thought the batman arkham games were lots of fun, but then again i'm not as cool and jaded as everyone else *shrug*

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom