Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Order: 1886, the new 5 hour movie from Ready at Dawn Studios

Future is here! Behold and be amazed!

The Order:1866 is the game that will make your heart pounding!

It is an:
RPG: You are blessed to play a role of a main character!
RTS: You can choose which enemies to shoot first,which of the two covers to take,develop your own strategy and all that in real-time!
C&C: Not buying PS4? Suffer the consequences of not being able to read Blu-Ray in your DVD-Rom!
TPS: Shooting is done in immersive 3rd person with believable clothing physics and moustaches!
Cinematic driven: Non-intrusive cutscenes blend with popamole gameplay as you progress through the game's story!

IGN said:"Every gen has its own 'The Last of Us' moment. Last-next-gen had The Last of Us, The Order:1866 is looking to be the next-next-gen 'The Last of Us moment'."

Truly next-gen consoles' worthy title.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
hmm.. shitty interactive movie confirmed.. but steampunk!.. now i am torn.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Ryse in different era.
I'll pass.
Could just watch for free walkthroughs but not even that, maybe if the story is clever/good (but not by Biochoke:Infidfirty standards)...

Actually, no. Because there is no more walkthroughts anymore. Or they're just hard to find in the LP's flood.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Wow. Plasma weapons, railguns, automatic rifles and radio intercom in 1886.
QTEs , cover-shooter, extreme cinematic popamole.
Look it's in-game footage !! It looks like real life !!!
LoL we tricked you, we had 6 PS4 working in parallel. Enjoy your upscaled 720p.

Gears of God Of War with a Victorian London Reskin.

:kingcomrade:

:MPOTY 2014:M

oVgvBcP.png

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
This is the future folks. QTE and minigames. Games for people who don't like games.
Please, this is not the future. This is just rehash of boring mechanics trend from the last, I dunno, decade (ignoring older games like Dragon's Lair and Shenmue before QTE got trendy)

Farage

Arcane
Patron
Invest a billion dollars into graphics and then slam in some quicktime events
THE GAME IS DONE

werr iz mon legion of honeur monsieur?

Borelli

Arcane
So instead of after dropping through the floor they let you fight the guy in actual gameplay they invest resources into making it into a QTE fight ... why?
When i saw binoculars i got my hopes up thinking it would be a bigger more open level, like a whole city district where you can walk or climb through the streets. Meh the game is for PS4 anyway so i ain't going to play it either way.

DeepOcean

Arcane
So instead of after dropping through the floor they let you fight the guy in actual gameplay they invest resources into making it into a QTE fight ... why?
When i saw binoculars i got my hopes up thinking it would be a bigger more open level, like a whole city district where you can walk or climb through the streets. Meh the game is for PS4 anyway so i ain't going to play it either way.
They decided to make the cutscene the game more interactive, sometimes the character stops and let you handle the binoculars.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Please, this is not the future.

Let's bet.

When more and more of this shit shows and is declared Citizen Kane everytime, I don't even know why they'd bother doing anything else.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Targeting 30fps because it's closer to film, and they want to be like a movie :retarded::

"60 fps is really responsive and really cool. I enjoy playing games in 60 fps," Jan told me. "But one thing that really changes is the aesthetic of the game in 60 fps. We're going for this filmic look, so one thing that we knew immediately was films run at 24 fps. We're gonna run at 30 because 24 fps does not feel good to play. So there's one concession in terms of making it aesthetically pleasing, because it just has to feel good to play.

Don't click Gawker link: http://kotaku.com/a-developers-defense-of-30-frames-per-second-1580194683

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Developers defend the game running on 30fps. Hilarity ensues:
60 fps is really responsive and really cool. I enjoy playing games in 60 fps," Jan told me. "But one thing that really changes is the aesthetic of the game in 60 fps. We're going for this filmic look, so one thing that we knew immediately was films run at 24 fps. We're gonna run at 30 because 24 fps does not feel good to play.
Then, on top of it, I don't know of any other games that are gonna look like our game in real-time with no pre-rendered movies, with all the stuff that's going on lighting-wise, and run at 60. I think that's probably the thing that most people underestimate is [that] to make a game look like this—the way that they're lit, the number of directional lights that we have… We don't have a game where you're just outside in sunlight, so there's one light. We have candles flickering, fires, then characters have lights on them. So [to make] all those lights [work] with this fidelity means, I think, until the end of this system most people won't have any clue how to make that run 60 and look like this
What is this? I don't even....
Jan: "Until the end of this system [the PS4], most people won't have any clue how to make a game that run 60 and look like this."

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Are you suggesting that they should have created actual melee combat mechanics?
U crazy?!!!
Imagine all the physics stuff, collision detection, AI tweaking and balancing and all that shit they would have had to implement!
Seriously, don't be ridiculous, it has to look good because here, drool over our aweshum INGAME TRAILER!, can you believe it?!!!
Besides, the fights look much better this way, now at least paying these martial arts consultants actually pays off.
Or are you saying you know more about bashing in skulls than them?
Seriously, fuck off, gameplay whores.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom