Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Order: 1886, the new 5 hour movie from Ready at Dawn Studios

Dexter

Arcane
Saw this interview a few weeks ago: http://www.gamepur.com/news/13605-s...2014-graphics-looks-continuous-cinematic.html
This translates to via Google Translator: "The game is so good it looks like a continuous kinematic. Enough said XD"

He then added that graphics/visuals in The Order: 1886 are incredible, they are even better than Infamous: Second Son, however he later admitted that both these games are different. Read below the tweet showing this conversation below.

In addition to this, Angel Playstation stated that for Sony, The Order: 1886 is a candidate for GAME OF THE YEAR 2014 award.

Trailers and stuff are apparently out now:

Mortmal

Arcane
Game so good looking that it looks like a continuous cinematic i remember it happening in 1983 :

Hope there's a little more than QTE , you already see them in the trailer...

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Great, lost my interest. Maybe I'll try Lords of Shadow 2 for my urban-darkfantasy fix. (or replay VTMB...)

set

Cipher
Cinematic? Check
QTE in first 10s of gameplay footage? Check
Guns? Check

Okay guys, time to move on.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Don't all games look like continuous cinematics? Just most games don't jump the camera around like crazy and have nonstop voice acting.
Clearly they don't look cinematic enough without jumping camera angles. (but yes COD already feels cinematic enough)

Looks about as fun as LA Noire was.

i am craving for some good steampunk games in big cities with some C.Mievilles vibe. and what do i get? cinematic experience locked on 30fps:rage:

Gregz

Arcane
24fps is more cinematic than 30fps.

You are both right and wrong, for historical reasons, but fast panning creates annoying jaggies and frame stutter in film which is why higher frame rates are being proposed for the new standard:

Why movies like The Hobbit are moving from 24 to 48 fps

48 fps also allows for the creation of very smooth slow-motion scenes, simply by double-printing each frame to yield a 24 fps half-speed version. Of course in this case 48 fps could be used just for the scenes which need to be in slo-mo, with the rest of the film recorded in 24 fps. Even for full-speed scenes, 48 fps has advantages. Fast camera moves no longer cause “strobing,” and individual frames are sharper. Action scenes are definitely smoother and more lifelike.

If you set mouse sensitivity to MAX and mouselook quickly all over the place it will stutter and jag and look like shit. 100 frames or better is a desirable minimum to avoid that crap in games.

Last edited:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
A popamole cover shooter with QTE. How embarrassing.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Cinematic, blah, blah... order (Ahhhh, boring), cinematic, blah, blah, blah, cinematic, third person awesome, cinematic blah, blah, blah, cinematic?

Dexter

Arcane
Its not a cutscene if you have to press a button for it to progress!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom