Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Order: 1886, the new 5 hour movie from Ready at Dawn Studios

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
And they think that this game is a movie?
It's adjustable length movie:
Q: And crucially, vitally, absolutely most importantly, how long is the game?
A: As long as it takes you to finish it.

Innovashun!
I love this kind of answer: the one where the interviewee thinks he's being clever, but is just being blatantly evasive because he knows that the truthful answer will make the company look bad.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
This game isn't bad because it's short, it's bad because the story sucks, the characters are totally forgettable, the gameplay boring as fuck. The setting could've been used in an interesting way, but no, werewolves and vampires. Fuck you.

Cadmus

Arcane
It makes me angry how these fucking hipster retards always waste good graphics and setting on total bullshit cliche shitfest.
It's like they are afraid to make a game more grounded in history. Imagine this setting played more straight with no retarded laser weapons and super mutants and shit, it could be so interesting and fresh. No fucking 19th century gattling cannons, no sniper rifles, none of that shit. Are they afraid the players would get bored if they didn't have their standard Call of Duty arsenal and abilities? I would hope that wouldn't happen. I think people would embrace something thematically new. They could have at least gone The Witcher style, make the game really about the professional monster hunters, with realistic, low-key and more historically flavoured stuff in it.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Gotta appeal to that mainstream comfort zone. If you make something too strange they won't get it and might even ask for a refund. Or some similar outlandish logic that goes through this industry's mind.

DraQ

Arcane
The sad thing about this shit is that it's a complete waste of some interesting setting, assets and art direction.
An even sadder thing is that it makes me think about Dukaj's Ice and of how awesome a game set in its setting would be whenever I visit this thread.

Black

Arcane
More than if it defeats the purpose of being a game if there's no gameplay?

Last edited:
The sad thing about this shit is that it's a complete waste of some interesting setting, assets and art direction.
An even sadder thing is that it makes me think about Dukaj's Ice and of how awesome a game set in its setting would be whenever I visit this thread.
I've been looking for an English translation of Ice; is it available anywhere? Has it been released in English at all?

DraQ

Arcane
I've been looking for an English translation of Ice; is it available anywhere? Has it been released in English at all?
I don't know. Apparently it was supposed to be translated in 2012 and published by Atlantic Books.

That was what I heard, but couldn't find anything. I guess it never did come out - pity, sounds really interesting. Too bad I don't know potato.

DraQ

Arcane
That was what I heard, but couldn't find anything. I guess it never did come out - pity, sounds really interesting. Too bad I don't know potato.
I have found this sample in English, but it's only a sample. The original is over 1k pages.

http://dukaj.wydawnictwoliterackie.pl/pdf/Ice_ENG_Sample.pdf

Overall the guy is a bit of Lem 2.0, so I don't know why he isn't really translated into English.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom