Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Private Division will publish several upcoming titles* based on new IP from renowned industry creative talent, including the previously announced Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey from Panache Digital Games, a studio led by the creator of the Assassin’s Creed franchise Patrice Désilets; an unannounced RPG currently codenamed Project Wight from The Outsiders, a studio founded by ex-DICE developers David Goldfarb and Ben Cousins; an unannounced RPG from Obsidian Entertainment led by Tim Cainand Leonard Boyarsky, co-creators of Fallout; and an unannounced sci-fi first-person shooter from V1 Interactive, a studio founded by Halo co-creator Marcus Lehto. Additionally, Private Division is the publisher for Kerbal Space Program, which Take-Two acquired in May, 2017.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Announcing Private Division, a new label from Take-Two Interactive Software publishing games from top independent development studios.

Lootboxes confirmed: https://www.pcgamesn.com/take-two-service-games-only
Every Take-Two game will have microtransactions from now on

“We aim to have recurrent consumer spending options for every title that we put out at this company.
I'm going to play naive and say these games are excluded from that. I think the micro-transaction statement is for their bigger games.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, that kind of announcement most likely only pertains to their in-house games, not to this new private label they're creating for publishing independent titles.

Leonard and Tim segment of the video:

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Studio Parnter:
Obsidian Entertainment
Game: Unannounced RPG

The role-playing veterans at Obsidian are using their Private Division partnership to reunite original Fallout creators Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky for a new game set in a new universe.

“It was the opportunity to work with Tim on a new IP that we were creating from scratch again, because we did it on Fallout and Arcanum and those were great experiences and I just missed doing that, says Boyarsky, who most recently worked on Diablo III for Blizzard. “I missed working on single-player, in-depth RPGs with a lot of choice, consequence, and reactivity. I like making other types of games, but there is something special about the kind of games we started with Fallout that really appeals to us and speaks to us creatively.”

The duo plans to reveal more about the project at a later date, but Cain says “If people have liked our previous RPGs they're going to like this one in terms of how we make reactive worlds and especially our style of humor.”

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Also from that article: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...es-new-publishing-label-private-division.aspx

“I think it has all the strengths of the traditional publisher relationship but because we get to retain ownership of the IP, it's one of the things where I don't think we're worried about our goals aligning with the publisher goals,” says Obsidian Entertainment’s Tim Cain, who has reunited with fellow Fallout co-creator Leonard Boyarsky to develop a new RPG under the Private Division label. “We both want to see the IP be very successful because we are both vested in it.”

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron

ciox

Liturgist
At least they get to keep the IP, but about the publisher not having any negative influence... yeah, you hear that everytime anyway.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Leon & Tim

gifojp1f.gif

latest

tripedal

Savant
When did they start working on this? Quite the dev cycle if it's not coming out until Q2 2019 at the earliest..add a bit of delay and we're talking 2 years from now.

ciox

Liturgist
When did they start working on this? Quite the dev cycle if it's not coming out until Q2 2019 at the earliest..add a bit of delay and we're talking 2 years from now.

I believe around 2015?

4 year development cycles are pretty typical especially if you create a new IP from scratch.

Wow, now I really hope it's not just Fallout made hip with robot dinosaurs and no gender binary.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
That's 60-70 people on this project.

Deadfire has a lot of people working on it.

The Pathfinder game has some people working on it, if more content is on the way.

I guess that these are all of their current projects?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
There's also a "small idea" project: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...n-raid-obsidians-cancelled-xbox-one-exclusive

Currently, however, Obsidian's hands are full, the 175-person studio occupied across four and a half projects: the Tyranny expansion, Pillars of Eternity 2, a small Pathfinder card game, a small idea the studio is "spinning up" and a considerable something else.
I see. But I doubt they are working with anything Tyranny related anymore?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
There's also a "small idea" project: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...n-raid-obsidians-cancelled-xbox-one-exclusive

Currently, however, Obsidian's hands are full, the 175-person studio occupied across four and a half projects: the Tyranny expansion, Pillars of Eternity 2, a small Pathfinder card game, a small idea the studio is "spinning up" and a considerable something else.

They were at least when the article was published.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

The people on the former Tyranny team may have been equally redistributed to the other teams, given that some of them are apparently working on PoE2.

conan_edw

Arbiter
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
kinda wished that they were working on other V:tMB with paradox. man 2019 is way off :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom