Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The PS5 and Xbox 2 thread - it's happening

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I just spent $500 on an Xbox One X!!

Microsoft promised me that it was the most powerful console in the world!
:stunned:

They didn't lie. At the time it was sold it was. Also performance of XOX is (based on a quick search) estimated at the level of 980 GTX, which outperforms PCs of most gamers as well. You can't go wrong with that.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
pc was before consoles

Wrong

ibm_pc_5150.jpg

TedNugent

Arcane
I just spent $500 on an Xbox One X!!

Microsoft promised me that it was the most powerful console in the world!
:stunned:

They didn't lie. At the time it was sold it was. Also performance of XOX is (based on a quick search) estimated at the level of 980 GTX, which outperforms PCs of most gamers as well. You can't go wrong with that.

It is true, then. The XboxX is truly the most powerful console in the world.

No PCs can compare to my Xbox Live power!

I will enjoy it until the next Xbox comes out!
:kingcomrade:
:popamole::popamole::popamole::popamole:

Xbox is the greatest!! New Xbox will be amazing!!

vonAchdorf

Arcane
PSX 2018 - PS5 teased
E3 2019 - full reveal
Holidays 2019 - worldwide release

What should "tease" mean? I doubt that they want to say "your console is old trash" before Christmas and a year before the planned launch of the successor.

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So newest rumours tell that PS5 will be most likely compatible with PS4 games

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
What should "tease" mean? I doubt that they want to say "your console is old trash" before Christmas and a year before the planned launch of the successor.

Tease? video saying 'ps5 coming 2019'

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I doubt that. No way they'll tell customers weeks before Christmas that the current gen is outdated.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So the PS5 specs will most likely be

8 core AMD cpu ( ghz unknown at this point)
16gb ram
10 TFLOP GPU with 16gb vram based on new AMD Navi

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
I doubt that. No way they'll tell customers weeks before Christmas that the current gen is outdated.

It's not outdated untill ps5 is actualy in the shops, besides, ps3 games were in development for 2-3 years after ps4 launched, there were both ps3 and ps4 new games, so it will be the same for ps4 and ps5.

Tehdagah

Arcane
16gb ram? Sounds fake, the PS4 have 8gb.

I hope they release it in 2020, it took 7 years to release the PS4.

Unwanted

kamen22

Unwanted
Haven't bought a console since a 360(which was a mistake) won't be getting these either

Bigg Boss

Arcane
This could well be the generation which kills consoles.

The current Gen has winged it on a bunch of PC ports & shit "Remasters" from the previous gen. A big part of it's survival has been helped by re-releases of good games available on older systems.

Well pretty much all of this gen's original games have been fucking shite. The odd bit of quality, but they won't have re-releases to bail them out of the next gen that's for sure.

This has to be the worst post I have read all day. This forum is now slightly less incline due to this utter retardation that has been repeated forever and has no basis in actual reality. Kill consoles? So everyone will learn to game on computer even this fat fuck down the street who is too retarded to understand the concept behind that shit Steambox? No, my friend consoles are here to stay.

kalganoat

Savant
conflicting rumors on the gpu architecture. it could be straight up navi or vega with some navi features.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Rumoured one of the launch titles for PS5

Cyberpunk 2077
GTA 6
Elder Scrolls 6

Falksi

Arcane
This could well be the generation which kills consoles.

The current Gen has winged it on a bunch of PC ports & shit "Remasters" from the previous gen. A big part of it's survival has been helped by re-releases of good games available on older systems.

Well pretty much all of this gen's original games have been fucking shite. The odd bit of quality, but they won't have re-releases to bail them out of the next gen that's for sure.

This has to be the worst post I have read all day. This forum is now slightly less incline due to this utter retardation that has been repeated forever and has no basis in actual reality. Kill consoles? So everyone will learn to game on computer even this fat fuck down the street who is too retarded to understand the concept behind that shit Steambox? No, my friend consoles are here to stay.

Your point actually backs up my POV.

If the average consoletard is too stupid to use a PC, then less of them will cope the more it tries to become like a PC.

Last edited:

Egosphere

Arcane

If the average consoletard is too stupid to use a PC, then less of them will cope the more it tries to become like a PC.

Except its triple-a PC gaming that has been trying to become more like consoles over the past decade

Falksi

Arcane

Except its triple-a PC gaming that has been trying to become more like consoles over the past decade

The fundementals of PC gaming have only improved IMO - simpler/easier to use, with less faff to play.

Whereas the fundementals of console gaming have only declined IMO - In the 90's you could plug in & play in an instant; very, very rare crashing; absolutely no faff what-so-ever. It's been a downward trend since, and now console gaming requires way more faff than it ever has before.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

The fundementals of PC gaming have only improved IMO - simpler/easier to use, with less faff to play.

Whereas the fundementals of console gaming have only declined IMO - In the 90's you could plug in & play in an instant; very, very rare crashing; absolutely no faff what-so-ever. It's been a downward trend since, and now console gaming requires way more faff than it ever has before.

Console gaming still and always has required less faffing about than PC and in the 90's many people were still too fucking retarded to play PC games. I went to school with these fucking dorks. While I was playing Fallout and Doom on PC they were playing Doom on the SNES because they could not figure out sound cards and DOS or even Windows 95. Yes, updates and online has made consoles slightly more complex, but fat fuck retard down the street can grasp that concept easier than "Hey my GPU needs new drivers to work with this Open GL 3.0"...

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

I could use a PC, I'm just too fucking lazy.

Consoles are mindless and easy to use. Also most of the games I care about are consoles only and/or it takes too long to come out on PC.

The only real incentives to game on PC is to use Emulators and play PC classics like Fallout and Planescape: Torment.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
PlayStation 5 Units Could Be In Production Soon, Says Manufacturer

Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, indicating that processor chips for the forthcoming PS5 have already begun going into production. These are in the form of 7nm (CLN7FF) chips, and while they haven’t been confirmed for the hardware just yet, hints indicate that they might be the direction that Sony is going when it comes to running its latest system

Sony may follow suit, hoping that the PlayStation 5 could perform on such a high-end level as a next-gen PC gaming machine. The company has reportedly been considering AMD graphics tech for its system, including a processor known as Navi, as well as the company’s own Zen 2 tech.

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/04/29/sony-playstation-5-units-already-in-production-ps5-amd/

They aren't releasing new consoles anytime soon, this generation may as well have started at the end of 2016 (with the release of the PS4 Pro and the system finally getting games beyond Bloodborne) and into 2017. (with the release of the Xbox One X and Switch) I doubt Sony is in any kind of rush to release a PS5, their leading the market right now, and for the last few years now the video game division is where they're making their money. They don't want to fuck that up and chance backsliding back behind Microsoft like during the last console cycle. Sony kind of lucked into the top spot with Microsoft acting like Sony did when they released the PS3.

They'll probably want to go into VR in a bigger way with the next console, so it's probably not going to be until that gets more affordable to do higher quality stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom