Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The quest theme question

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
I created this thread to ask what kind of quests would be actually interesting in setting that wasn't really exploited on the SV/Dex yet. Simple as that. What idea sounds most interesting? What would you play?

Why I decided to ask about it here? Well - I couldn't decide myself.

Idea me. 1 - The Dungeon Crawler quest set in the Enter The Gungeon setting. Gungeon is legendary place that is supposed to hold a gun that can kill someone past. What does that mean? Who knows.

The entire idea behind this is twisting and transforming dungeon full of gunny and funny setting, light on story (mostly) and an RPGish mechanic with items and guns instead of attributes and skills.

Idea nr. 2 - Star Wars alternative history RPG. What would have happened if Darth Traya succeed in Kotor 2? What would have changed during the Great Galactic War and Eternal Empire invasion? With Force being damaged on Malachor V, how one of young padawans or siths adept would go through the galaxy?

Heavy mechanics and story of SW based on the SW RPG, with player character as one of adepts in Force who is currently damaged and unstable. Either sith or jedi scenario possible, with possiblity of ignoring each of sides and go your own way STWOR included to canon. In some aspects.

Idea nr. 3 Storytelling/ALMOST without mechanics/almost purely based on choices - short quest based in the original setting of my other quest, Shattered. As powerfull individual, you are tricked into serving wizard know only by his title - "The Grey One". Bound by his his spells, along with his servants, you must pay your debt if you want to be free. Or find the other way. Or perish trying.

Any questions, criticism or anything else is appreciated.

I probably will do crossforum COYA with picked theme and this time fucking keep it. Just put some pressure on me, like promise to kick me in the balls if I don't or something. Save me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom