Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Rageaholic

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Rageaholic represents awesome music in every video. That gives him my stamp of approval.

Though to be honest, he does try a bit too hard. Spoony and AVGN and even Angry Joe (moronic as he is) are kinda natural and self-aware about their deliveries, this guy seems like he isn't in on his own joke.

Ermm

Erudite
Though to be honest, he does try a bit too hard. Spoony and AVGN and even Angry Joe (moronic as he is) are kinda natural and self-aware about their deliveries, this guy seems like he isn't in on his own joke.

As hard as it is to say for me, aside from the seas of derp that are some of AngryJoe's videos, he has some pretty cool stuff, like his positive reviews of King Arthur, Two Worlds 2, his deserved negative Sword of The Stars II review (even though he anticipated it. Some of his retarded stuff is pretty funny (Tony Montana's impersonation, interrogation in his L.A. Noire review). But then out of the blue he could give an ultraderpy shark bait review.
Rageaholic has a promise, but despite his stance of ''hardcore'' he said that Halo is a good game, despite that the game is the epitome of shit.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
:salute:
this bro fights the good fight with his words
I watched a bunch of his videos. He's trying too hard to be AVGN
I dunno, from the ones posted here his shit's p. tame, and he even makes fun of "the irate gamer"

He's usually unfunny, but asking him to be funny all the time is too much

the "punctuation" is kind of bad, yes, but what are the alternatives? what comes to my mind is gameplay footage, and again that may be too much

more codexian videojogo jornalistas are always good

youtube response to something said:
Never ceases to amaze me, how people fixate on my beautiful appearance or use of profanity rather than anything qualitative. It's 2011. The f-word isn't new, and this isn't Sunday School. I'll speak how I like.
You watch reviews made by mendacious hacks with crew cuts, polo shirts and no personal identity, and guess what? You get a review with a directly proportionate amount of honesty and personal identity.

now, you might notice some bullshit on this quote his videos, but this kind of thing is still definite :incline:
*watches more videos*

nevermind, :decline:

Ermm

Erudite
Never ceases to amaze me, how people fixate on my beautiful appearance or use of profanity rather than anything qualitative. It's 2011. The f-word isn't new, and this isn't Sunday School. I'll speak how I like.
You watch reviews made by mendacious hacks with crew cuts, polo shirts and no personal identity, and guess what? You get a review with a directly proportionate amount of honesty and personal identity.

now, you might notice some bullshit on this quote his videos, but this kind of thing is still definite.

Yes, and his visible HIM fanboy, and his oh boy I am a man of cinematic taste ''Blade Runner'' shirt is so much different when someone like Spoony wears his jacket from ''Big Trouble in Little China.

What a douche.

ran88dom99

Novice
Your efforts are appreciated. Rageholic may be wrong but he is entertaining and not retarded.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I watched his FF7 review a while back, and I generally agreed with him, but it didn't inspire me to look at any of his other stuff.

Guy has some really bad taste and stupid ideas in general. Oblivion better than Morrowind? Duke Nukem Forever good because it had 100 shitty minigames? Demons Souls bad because it doesn't have a great story and sometimes challenges players?

Manages to be funny though.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
"glorious PC master race" - RaegHo
Also a sellout. Although he is certainly right about the mods needed to make oblivion good and difficulty in making them work together. Oblivion is on the consoles too!

praetor

Arcane
he's an unbelievable retard. he's the same shit that he rages about (gametrailers and ign) except he swears and has gay heavy metal intro/outros. i mean, seriously, "the perfection of Mass Effect 1, Bioshock, and Assasin's Creed"?! and then he implies that Demons Souls was successful because of marketing and review sites got paid to praise it?! jesus, DeS didn't sell 20-30% of his "perfect" games and i'd bet Atlus spent less on marketing it than that moron did on those retarded posters. not to mention he thinks Brutal Legend is a good game. fuck, he's such an imbecile. my brian hurts

MCA
You could tell he really liked Origins. But I remember he ripped on New Vegas... because it was too hard. So, I'm mixed.

I don't know what else he likes or dislikes whether for right or wrong reasons but if someone who has played FNV and say crap like that, he doesn't deserve a moment of any self-respecting CRPGamer worth his shit. He can choke on shit.

Dim

Not sure if advertising plant?
X-Play was the original comedic review show, trying to be funny since 2002.

Not since like 2007 though.

Marsal

Arcane
From the comments:

Todd Howard wouldn't know what a good RPG is even if it hung itself over his head and proceeded to rob him blind.

Well he worked on Daggerfall and Morrowind and Fallout 1 and 2, so....

:hmmm:

praetor

Arcane
morons like him are what give a bad name to metalheads worldwide. i hope he dies

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom