Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Rageaholic

MisterStone

Arcane
Hipster: How dare you claim to like my sub-culture niche thingy? It's MINE, MIIINE DAMMIT!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Couldn't really get into the Rageaholic. I found the spastic nature of his videos constantly cycling through various images and image macros taken from 4chan quite hard to watch. Just show the goddamn game you fucker. The vlogs were alright though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Couldn't really get into the RPGCodex. I found the spastic nature of their posts constantly cycling through various images and image macros taken from 4chan quite hard to read. Just discuss the goddamn games you fuckers. The reviews were alright though.

FIXED :martini:

Achilles

Arcane
Meh, yet another "angry" reviewer. Does anyone know of any decent :obviously: video reviewers that actually present proper arguments and don't rely exclusively on saying "fuck" every so often?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Meh, yet another "angry" reviewer. Does anyone know of any decent :obviously: video reviewers that actually present proper arguments and don't rely exclusively on saying "fuck" every so often?

Just Errant Signal, though he isn't usually a reviewer. He's more of a lecturer on gaming issues.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Errant Signal?

EDIT: Infinitron beat me to it.

TNO

Augur
Not bad. Probably better than Yahtzee, but copies Yahtzee style pseudo-erudition of "speedy + concatenated metaphors + barely above-par vocab = :obviously:", which is a bit like peacocking to impress faintly retarded lady peacocks who don't know that clarity is far harder than prolixity, except instead of feathers he just put some sticky-back plastic on his ass (rimshot!). His visual style is a textbook on why that Lord Privy Seal-ing every syllable is bad. I could understand people liking DA and Oblivion if they didn't know any better, but this guy is aware of Thief, BG, and Deus Ex. Weird.

Also, if you want to do 'angry reviewer' shtick, it is a really bad idea to give a video which reveals your pasty noodly-armed-ness. Oh, you're mad? What are you going to do, nerd smash?

Edit: Seen the retrospective. I think his contrarian take on DE2 being a good game is not completely unreasonable. It did have good elements, but the complaint that everything is just a bit watered down holds. The story and characters take a major step down, for example.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
He reminds me more of an edgier version of oldschool Spoony than Yahtzee.

Quetzacoatl

Liturgist
Decent reviewer, suffers the same symptom of trying too hard to be funny that other internet reviewers have. Better this guy than fucking Angry Joe though.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Saw two videos. Glowing praise of Invissible War and Oblivion.

yeah...

EDIT: And DX:HR too. Yeah, fuck that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom