Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Rageaholic

Black

Arcane
Yup. Rated it higher than morrowind AFAIK.

Angthoron

Arcane
I heard he thinks IW is a good game, I will refuse to watch his videos from now on
Fuck, I'm still to play that fuckbucket in order to settle an internet debate on whether it's good or not.

Spoiler alert: The intro part I've played so far suggests the absence of that "good" part.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
I did that, made it to the second Cairo visit(or the first, dunno) before finally mustering up the rage to uninstall it

Angthoron

Arcane
I did that, made it to the second Cairo visit(or the first, dunno) before finally mustering up the rage to uninstall it
Well, at least one thing I can say so far, regarding IW vs HR debate, in all of HR intro (pre and post-aug) I didn't encounter any characters I could consider clinical idiots. In the very short space of IW intro, all I encountered seemed to be clinical idiots.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
My completionist urges drove me to complete IW. Atrocious motherfucking shit.

For what it's worth, I didn't even manage to complete HR.

Angthoron

Arcane
I don't think I'll manage to complete the fucking intro to IW. Holy shit.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA

It is truly awful. It is NOT as bad as you think it is (but boy when they do BAD game design they REALLY do bad game design). Just out of sheer morbid curiosity I was actually able to finish it. But to be honest, I should have just watched a youtube LP.

Angthoron

Arcane

It is truly awful. It is NOT as bad as you think it is (but boy when they do BAD game design they REALLY do bad game design). Just out of sheer morbid curiosity I was actually able to finish it. But to be honest, I should have just watched a youtube LP.
Well the resolution really isn't helping, plus I really hate it when people in films/books/games are morons when they shouldn't be and so far everyone's just being a fucking moron. "Hey yeah, look, we spied on you but that's okay, here, have some biomods, they'll apply themselves to your various bodyparts!"

And that's by far not the worst thing so far. The jock and the cheerleader students? The guard that just gives you a weapon because hey, you asked, and he TOTALLY can't do it alone despite you being a recently transferred trainee and him being supposedly trained for this shit... Yeah, it's really quite dire so far. I'm sure it'll improve later on but seriously, WHY.

Also, that resolution is killing my eyes.

Oh and the constant loading. I thought people exaggerated this but man oh man.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I finished IW and it was... okay, I guess. It was more a case of wasted potential than outright shit, but that just made it worse, actually. There's often attempts at good area design, but they fall flat due to the horribly horribly small levels (fuck you, Xbox, fuck you and the decline you brought upon Deus Ex and Thief!) that don't leave any room for real exploration and alternative ways. They tried to add alternate paths to the goal in each level - but usually those are blatantly obvious due to the levels being so tiny that there's no chance for real exploration.

This is the worst issue with DX:IW, really. Horribly fucking tiny maps that feel linear despite the devs trying to make them not linear, because they're so small that they cannot be anything but linear.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Well the resolution really isn't helping, plus I really hate it when people in films/books/games are morons when they shouldn't be and so far everyone's just being a fucking moron. "Hey yeah, look, we spied on you but that's okay, here, have some biomods, they'll apply themselves to your various bodyparts!"

And that's by far not the worst thing so far. The jock and the cheerleader students? The guard that just gives you a weapon because hey, you asked, and he TOTALLY can't do it alone despite you being a recently transferred trainee and him being supposedly trained for this shit... Yeah, it's really quite dire so far. I'm sure it'll improve later on but seriously, WHY.

These may help:

http://www.wsgf.org/node/128
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20609382/Unified_Texture_Pack_for_Deus_Ex__Invisible_War

Angthoron

Arcane

These may help:

http://www.wsgf.org/node/128
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20609382/Unified_Texture_Pack_for_Deus_Ex__Invisible_War
Thanks, now I'll only want to gouge out my eyes because of character stupidity.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Hurr Thief is unrealistic cuz when you are in a dark shadow at night and aren't making noise but maybe just maybe there's a lighter background behind you you can't be seen

Hurr we fixed that. Now you can't be seen in broad daylight when crouching and leaning from behind some chest high wall

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
The Rageaholic is pretty much the definition of an IGN-user. I'm not sure why we're still discussing him.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
GTA Vice City is good but it's the compelling storytelling that keeps you playing.

Why the fuck hasn't this been retardo'd yet?

thesoup

Arcane
Anyone who claims third person is better for stealth is a retard and should be executed. Preferably via gas.
Apparently, Thief 2 is his favorite game evar. How? Why? What?o_O

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom