Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Random Adventure Game News Thread

Discussion in 'Adventure Gaming' started by Jaesun, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Maxie Magister

Maxie
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    AG reviewed Unforeseen Incidents tl;dr 4/5, anyone played it? Looks good on paper

Show Spoiler

• Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. toro Arcane

toro
    Parrots:
    Yes, you blind fatty.

The visuals are good, the puzzle are intuitive and well-designed (not all of them), there is items highlighting (if you press Space) and the game got charm. It's made by Germans but it's not the standard Daedalic shit. It's quite good.

On the opposite side, the story is not great, the loading times are long (wtf!?) and there are critical bugs (if you cancel animations). I lost like 1-2 hours of progress. Really frustrating.

Note: There is one thing which is really annoys me: puzzle items must be triggered. That's why I wasted a lot of time, because it doesn't matter how many times you search a pile of junk, the items will appear there only after some conversation. Shitty scripting.

I will give the game another chance but if it bugs again then I will drop it.

^ Top  
  3. CryptRat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

CryptRat
    Parrots:
    Only 3 days to wait :

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  4. CryptRat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

CryptRat
    Parrots:
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. jfrisby Savant

jfrisby
    Parrots:

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...space/posts/2202511?ref=backer_project_update

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Dexter Arcane

Dexter
    Parrots:
    https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...-hidetaka-miyazaki-fromsoftware-japan-studio/

• decline decline x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. oasis789 Arcane

oasis789
    Parrots:

tfw no 'nobody knows rpgs like rpg codex'

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Maxie Magister

Maxie
    Parrots:
    fixed

^ Top  
  9. Wapcaplet Literate

Wapcaplet
    Parrots:
    Looks like Escape from Monkey Island will be available on GOG shortly.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  10. CryptRat Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

CryptRat
    Parrots:
    The creators of ASA : A space Adventure released Kitrinos, a small game which looks fun :

By the way it seems it was made for the AdventureJam2018 and I've not played it yet, but from the games I've played from the jam I can recommend :
    - SnowSpirit, very atmospheric game by the guy making Cascade quest who also made Void quest and the Snails Trek series.

- Space Quest 1 which really plays like a tiny Sierra game like the presentation suggests.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    MRY Sceptic Unkillable Cat The plot of Space Quest IV was based on a true event!!

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-leisure-suit-larry-bootlegs-infected-the-european-banking-system/

Full article: https://melmagazine.com/an-oral-history-of-leisure-suit-larry-ef41bc374802

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. jfrisby Savant

jfrisby
    Parrots:
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2018 at 9:09 AM
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)