Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Realm Series in Dungeon Craft

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Hello i am new to this forum but would like to try this if it still available. I tried downloading module but it says that link is expired. Can it be uploaded again?

This used a very old version of DC and still had some bugs and checks that did not work (but are fixed now in the current builds of DC). To be honest just play Ray's awesome modules in FRUA for now unril DC 1.0 comes out. Of which then I will work on this project again.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
UPDATE!

Dungeon Craft V1.0 is actually close to being released. I have played around with the latest build of the engine and editor, and things are looking pretty good.

There are some bugs they are currently working on to get out of the way, and a few other minor things to iron out, but over all it is damn solid. FINALLY FRUA enters the 21st Century without all the fucking irritating limitations (oh man they are so annoying).

Of note, the BASE game more closely matches AD&D (1st edition), for some of the monster stats and other things (of which you can change to whatever in the hell you want, as in someone is already making a 2nd Edition monsters/ruleset for DC as well).

I'll let you guys know when this is finally available, and I'll be happy to help out with any questions, that I can answer about the engine/editor. I REALLY like it.

kain611

Augur
UPDATE!

Dungeon Craft V1.0 is actually close to being released. I have played around with the latest build of the engine and editor, and things are looking pretty good.

There are some bugs they are currently working on to get out of the way, and a few other minor things to iron out, but over all it is damn solid. FINALLY FRUA enters the 21st Century without all the fucking irritating limitations (oh man they are so annoying).

Of note, the BASE game more closely matches AD&D (1st edition), for some of the monster stats and other things (of which you can change to whatever in the hell you want, as in someone is already making a 2nd Edition monsters/ruleset for DC as well).

I'll let you guys know when this is finally available, and I'll be happy to help out with any questions, that I can answer about the engine/editor. I REALLY like it.

Wonder if it would be possible to take the god aweful Pools of Radiance 2 and actually make it more like the original gold box series in DC. You know so it doesn't delete system files and doesn't suck.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Wonder if it would be possible to take the god aweful Pools of Radiance 2 and actually make it more like the original gold box series in DC. You know so it doesn't delete system files and doesn't suck.

Yes, except for the 3rd edition rules (I forget if it is 3rd or 3.5, no one YET has tried to do a 3/3.5 rulest/monsters for DC). An AD&D or 2nd Edition version of The Ruins of Myth Drannor would be easy enough to do in DC (you could do it right now in FRUA if you wanted too, but remember that is AD&D).

It would be a TON of work (mapping out all the areas, and then making them, as well as all the dialogue text). Most of all the creatures in that game, already exist in FRUA and DC. Though you can easily just create any that are not in there yet. And then find art for it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Importing FRUA modules will not be working in 1.0

You CAN however make a new module from scratch, and everything works just fine.

kain611

Augur
Playing through Ray Dyer's module of Pool of Radiance in Frua. I see he has made Curse of the Azure Bonds as well. Can I import my characters from the Curse of the Azure Bonds back to the Secret of the Silver Blades? Or should I just finish up through POR original and go that way?

kain611

Augur
You can transfer characters between any FRUA mod, so yes you can transfer from the end of Dyer's Pool of Radiance to his Curse of the Azure Bonds. Download the manual to read up on how to properly perform the character transfer or follow Jaesun 's instructions here:

Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures (FRUA) thread

Yeah sorry I wasn't clear. I know you can transfer characters between all the Frua Mod's. I was seeing if I could take a party that completed the FRUA version of Curse of the Azure Bonds back to classic Secret of the Silver blades. Didn't think it was possible but thought I would inquire.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Just FYI on DC version 1.0

WHEN this is at a version I personally will recommend you use, I will finally make such a post. That time is not yet.

I do not however foresee any problems with you currently using the editor and making a module. The game engine, and associated scripts uh....... need quite a bit of work.

I am also helping them currently on making sure DC can import NON HACKED FRUA modules (for now). As of this post, you cannot import FRUA modules into DC for now. HACKED FRUA modules is just another issue we can take a look at after the base FRUA import functionality works.

If you would like to play around with the current version (editor and game engine), the official download is here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/uaf/files/version 1.00/complete_Starting_Package_1_00.zip/download

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
DC still needs a lot of work. I'm glad to see them finally reach this milestone, though. I've been following it since it was just an idea someone in the UA community suggested. It seemed as though the day would never come.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So what's the status of DC? Some breakdown seems to have occurred at the DC forum, but since I don't know the details, I wanted to ask those more knowledgeable :)

Is it now an alternative to FRUA or not yet?

Last edited:

ProphetSword

Arcane
Developer
DC is a decent tool. Some people prefer it to FRUA. In my personal opinion, it's got a long way to go before it can replace it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
So what's the status of DC? Some breakdown seems to have occurred at the DC forum, but since I don't know the details, I wanted to ask those more knowledgeable :)

Is it now an alternative to FRUA or not yet?

It is *still* getting there, slowly but surely. The scripting feature alone is fucking powerful (You *should* be able to pretty much pull off entire scenarios/situations in a D&D module that you could never ever do in FRUA). Like for example, you have 2 wall art pieces that have a switch. 1 art piece with the switch up, the other with the switch down. You can now change this art on the fly based on the players actions. It's pretty cool. You could never do that in FRUA (you COULD however have a text description that changes).

I actually need to get back to playing with the current version (it has changed quite a bit and a bunch of new features and functions) and see how things are going. I do however keep up to date on the progress they continuously do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom