Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Risen 2 Thread

Syril

Liturgist
Queued
Risen 2 is simply an another good game from Piranha Bytes. The developers prove that parting ways with their former partner - JoWooD Entertainment - has been a great decision. Risen 2 probably won't get any "RPG of the year" awards, but Gothic enthusiasts shouldn't care - Dark Waters will satisfy them fully, I'm sure.

I trust potato review.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/risen-2-dark-waters/critic-reviews

Deleted member 7219

So if Risen 2 is Gothic 5 then Risen is Gothic 4 so where does Arcania fit in oh I see what you did there

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Arcania does NOT exist. Except in dreams of child molesters ...

Gameblog.fr said:
But besides its difficulty and its less than average storytelling, what Risen 2 really suffers from is the release of titles that surpass it in every concevable way, starting with Skyrim and The Witcher 2.

See guys? It's shit after all.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Holy fuck that video is hilarious.

"What's that game by Oblivion...? Uhh, Dragon Age!"

Captain Shrek

User score although only based on ~ 20 reviews is 4.5.

Angthoron

Arcane
How are there user reviews if the game isn't out until the 27th though?

Jashiin

Arcane
All I care about is whether or not that "PB" vibe is present. Combat has always been shit their games, but there is always a certain atmosphere present that I don't find in similar games. This charm always makes up for it's imperfections; give me a reefer and a bench to sit on and all will be well.

Captain Shrek

All I care about is whether or not that "PB" vibe is present. Combat has always been shit their games, but there is always a certain atmosphere present that I don't find in similar games. This charm always makes up for it's imperfections; give me a reefer and a bench to sit on and all will be well.

That certain atmospheric thing to MY OPINION is area design, model design and structure of quests to join factions.

Jashiin

Arcane
I always thought it was a clunky mess. But it never bothered me that much as I favor bows anyway.

Deleted member 7219

Everytime somebody mentions Gothic 4, I remember this guy:

When I first started watching this video I really wanted to hate him. But now I kinda like him. He's like a low INT companion you might have had in an old RPG.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Notice how the best scores are from Germany and Poland, while the worst are French and mainstream "European" sites.

adure

Liturgist
DON´T YOU DARE CALL THIS SHIT GOTHIC !!

the PB that created gothic doesnt exist anymore...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I always thought it was a clunky mess. But it never bothered me that much as I favor bows anyway.

Ironic since if any part of the G1/G2 combat was shit it was the auto aiming/targeting bows which took no effort to kill enemies with. Not counting G3 since all combat there was atrocious.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom