Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The RPGWatch?

A horse of course

Infinitron is a highly positive moderating influence on the codex and has contributed greatly to its day to day operations. He shows a strong work ethic and has proven capable of operating as part of a multinational team.

Last edited by a moderator:

throwaway

Cipher
I'm sure someone smarter than me could make an analogy about Codex's obsession with the Watch.

Pretty much any game could be considered an RPG by their standards[...]
They reported on non-RPGs all the time too. Should have just been called Game Watch.
Didn't always use to be the case.

- Filtering news on the front page is not possible
:negative::negative::negative:

Damn whatever happened to Dhuin :argh:

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
We're the Muslims declaring war on you and raping you repeatedly.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
I'm sure someone smarter than me could make an analogy about Codex's obsession with the Watch.

QUD2kO4.jpg

throwaway

Cipher

QUD2kO4.jpg
Nah the stepping up of the ultra-reactionary politics and the SJW caricaturing, being mainly a one-sided flow of attention (dunno about the past since I didn't use to care about the feud in the Kony days and the alt-right's terms weren't as ubiquitous anyhow) has a particularly distinct taste to it but I can't figure out what exactly it is.

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Here's the full post mortem in all its sordid detail:

So, I do not know if we were hacked and that whoever hacked us made all of this happen or that it was indeed a hardware failure (which still does not explain the issue with the backup server).

I just wanted to take a moment to thank the Codexer responsible.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Everybody who posts on the Watch is hawt. That's why they have so little time for cRPGs.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why do you guys hate The Watch so much? :)

Surely, taking pleasure in other peoples pain, is no way to conduct a gentlemanly way of things

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Why are you such a contrarian, Intinium? :)

Surely, always disagreeing with everyone is no way to derive pleasure.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Why are you such a contrarian, Intinium? :)

Surely, always disagreeing with everyone is no way to derive pleasure.

Am I, though? I feel I share a lot of similar views on things with different kinds of people here, while of course also disagreeing. It's a mixture - a balance.

I suppose always agreeing with everybody else - just because, is even worse? :) it creates a strong circlejerk.

Self-Ejected

an Administrator

Self-Ejected
Where expecting basics is considered perfectionism
Why do you guys hate The Watch so much?

Because of this:

2012:

1 Mass Effect 3
2 Dark Souls: Prepare to Die
3 Dishonored
4 XCOM: Enemy Unknown
5 Risen 2: Dark Waters
6 Torchlight II
7 Borderlands 2
8 Kingdoms of Amalur

2013:

1 Shadowrun Returns
2 Expeditions: Conquistador
3 Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition
4 XCOM: Enemy Within
5 Path of Exile
6 Avadon 2: The Corruption
7 Bioshock Infinite
8 Driftmoon
9 Divinity: Dragon Commander
10 Mars War Logs

2014:

1 Divinity: Original Sin
2 Wasteland 2
3 Dragon Age: Inquisition
4 Shadowrun: Dragonfall
5 Might & Magic X: Legacy
6 Lords of Xulima
7 Risen 3: Titan Lords
8 Legend of Grimrock 2
9 Dark Souls II
10 South Park: The Stick of Truth

2015:

1 The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
2 Pillars of Eternity
3 Fallout 4
4 Underrail
5 Age of Decadence
6 Shadowrun: Hong Kong
7 Legends of Eisenwald
8 Undertale
9 Serpent in the Staglands
10 Blackguards 2

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Come on, those lists are p. close to the codex's own. Sure, there's a few top popamoles, and that's bad, but overall, not bad lists. I see PoE, Underrail, AoE, sepents, undertale etc., games that are all codex favourites.

Add to that, Codex absolutely loves Witcher 3, so having that at nr. 1 is not as odd as you might think.

D:OS again, highly liked and voted here on codex, too. WL2, shadowrun and so on. Same story.

Only year they really failed was 2012, as it looks..

So :)

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Sure, putting Fallout 4 above Underrail and AoD and putting Blackguards 2 even on the top 10 list is p. close to codex's own. :)

Yes, that's bad, as I said. There are fails with the list, but disregarding Fallout 4 and witcher 3 and other popamoles, the list is p. good.

You act like The Watch is IGN or some other super shit popamoley site. The Watch is probably closer to the codex than most realize, hence the hatred.

You always hate the ones closest to you and those that remind you of yourself. ;D

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
"Your connection is not secure

The owner of rpgwatch.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website."

Typical SJW cucklords.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
"Your connection is not secure

The owner of rpgwatch.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website."

Typical SJW cucklords.

Nah, it's just the watch being outed for the Russian identity theft site that it is.

Mortmal

Arcane
Sure, putting Fallout 4 above Underrail and AoD and putting Blackguards 2 even on the top 10 list is p. close to codex's own. :)

It would be the same if people really vote for what they really play. Many voted AOD and underrail by peer pressure and to not be bullied here.Fact is by forum activity, by number of hours played, and number of player(codexgroup) connected fallout 4 vastly, vastly, outclass both AOD and underail . That game is a rpg lite and its as much relevant to compare underail with overwatch but as a video game its more fun than many titles that year.
As for blackguards 2 its not very good, its mediocre , however mediocre is superior to complete shit, something very easy to find nowadays.It deserves to be in top 10 by lack of competition.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom