Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Sales of Incline.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
Kz3r0 have you considered cropping some games from the list to reduce workload?

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
You could always post about cropped titles in this thread.

Or certain (((someone))) could make updating this list more collaborative effort.
Or perhaps some other solution for the ever expanding list.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It wouldn't be too hard to write a Python script that scrapes these stats and generates a post automatically.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Shadowrun:Hong Kong passes the four hunred thousand copies sold.

Blackguards2 passes the two hunred thousand copies sold.

Hard West, Divinity: Original Sin 2, Banner Saga 2 pass the one hunred thousand copies sold.

Age of Decadence sutpasses Underrail.

The rest in another update.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Torment has sold thirtyfive thousand copies in Early Access, usually released games more or less sell the same amount as on Early Access, if this would have beeen any other game I would say that will sell one hundred thousand copies, let' see how many people hold back before purchasing the game.

Kz3r0

Arcane
NumaNNuma has passed the sixty thousand copies sold, let' see next week where will be.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
On Mar 6:

AoD: 97,612, avg. price $15.29
DR: 19,148, avg. price $6.07

AoD is about to hit the 100k mark.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
These are the numbers from Jan 4:

AoD: 82,529, $1,412,614, avg.price $17.12
DR: 14,998, $94,981, avg.price $6.33

In the past two months the game sold more than 15 thousand units. I think it is safe to say that it will hit the 100k mark in the near future. My pet theory is that comparisons with Tyranny and ToN boosted sales, but I can't prove it.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Bastard Bonds sold twlve thousand copies.
Serpent in the Staglands sold eleven thousand copies.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Age of Decadence surpasses Underrail.

We need more Codex drama regarding this.

Also, holy shit, both Larian and Obisidian have sold a lot, even the not-so-great titles. Wasteland 2 at 650.000 is also more than I expected. They'll be lucky if Torment makes even half of this after 2-3 years.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The steamspy data is not reliable on a short timespan. We will reevaluate in a week or two, but it really looks like they sold nothing on top of backer copies.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No, but it's usually a similar percentage for all of the games, so you can just treat the figures as 10%ish underestimated.

Self-Ejected

Lurker King

Self-Ejected
The Real Fanboy
Is there anyway to track GoG? I got my Dungeon rats there.

Vault Dweller said:
The numbers include GOG, GamersGate, and BMT. Our Steam sales are higher than 66k but I assume it takes time for Steamspy to update their numbers as the increase is very recent (over the weekend sale).

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Age of Decadence is outselling Derpest Dungeon by a very significant margin despite not being on sale. I am fine with this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom