Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Sales of Incline.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
But thats the thing - Quest for Infamy had to compete with a free game of comparable quality. I played Heroine's Quest and got my Quest for Glory-like game need satisfied for some time. Perhaps i'll try Qest for Infamy inthe future but they didn't get my money at release.

imweasel

Steamspy said:
Please note that Steam Spy extrapolates data from limited number of user profiles and thus isn't 100% correct.
Anybody got any butthurt which implies that SteamSpy's data is very inacurate? Just wondering how accurate their numbers truly are.

Steamspy said:
The data is based on several days samples: from three days for individual apps to seven days for location-based info. It means that Steam Spy is competely unreliable for recently released games.
^
This is also interesting.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Steamspy said:
Please note that Steam Spy extrapolates data from limited number of user profiles and thus isn't 100% correct.
Anybody got any butthurt which implies that SteamSpy's data is very inacurate? Just wondering how accurate their numbers truly are.

Steamspy said:
The data is based on several days samples: from three days for individual apps to seven days for location-based info. It means that Steam Spy is competely unreliable for recently released games.
^
This is also interesting.

I don't think by "recently released" he means one month, if that's what you're thinking about.

Nobody has complained yet that the numbers were inaccurate.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's been bundled a few times. I should know, because that's how I got it and I have given away more than one copy on various places.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
O7prF9J.png

:cry:

Hard indies vs. soft indies. Can't expect games like Serpent, Underrail, and Age of Decadence to sell more than a couple tens of thousands of copies.

Atchodas

Augur
no offense to Serpents game its kinda neat , but UnderRail is another league, its a bigger better and deeper game in all aspects , i hope for people to start noticing it when it is actually released and out of EA , this is reincarnation of FO afterall

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The 10-100K tier is too broad, Kz3r0, it would be great if you could divide it into two or three smaller ones, like 10-25K, 25-50K and 50-100K.

EDIT: other than that, good job. Hope you do not get bored and abandon this thread after a while.

Last edited:

Kz3r0

Arcane
The 10-100K tier is too broad, Kz3r0, it would be great if you could divide it into two or three smaller ones, like 10-25K, 25-50K and 50-100K.
The subdivision is based mostly on the number of games, as more will be added the more defined will become, for example I added the 50-100K subdivision, the 25-50K has to wait because will only contain Legend of Eisenwald.

Kz3r0

Arcane
EDIT: other than that, good job. Hope you do not get bored and abandon this thread after a while.
Thank you, by the way I tended to the Kickstarte Watch thread for two straight years, and that was an handful, with this one there's only to check once a month if there are any change in the sales score, unfortunately the number of INCLINE games released is not that overwhelming.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
What would be interesting is the ratio of man years spent making a game vs how many copies it sold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom