Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Screenshot Quiz, HotU Remembrance Edition

:Flash:

Arcane
Aaand we have a winner! Congratulations to DakaSha! It is Crime Fighter

And he even managed to describe, why this turned out to be more difficult than I had planned. I became aware of this problem just now, while he posted his answer.
Its not crime fighter, is it. Reminds me of it but i think that looked even a tad bit better

I checked that the game had and English version so I didn't see a problem taking a screenshot from my German version that had found its way into my collection on a Floppy Disk in the 90's.
Here is what that screenshot looks like in full:
okveonux.png

What I wasn't aware of is that all those years I had only had version 1.0 of the game, which had never gotten an English translation. Only version 1.5, which I downloaded 20 minutes ago from the creators website has an English translation, but it also got a graphical overhaul. Here is how a similar screen looks like in 1.5:
r3wgvo9v.png

So sorry for the unintended extra difficulty level and again congrats to DakaSha!

And for those who don't know the game, here is a nice video review.

:Flash:

Arcane
So, who's supposed to do the next one?
I didn't plan on doing a next one.
On HotU there was a fixed person doing one quiz every week. For some short time that was me, but I won't be able to do that here due to time constraints.
So I'd say whoever wants to do one, just does it.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
It's neither Pool of Radiance nor Ultima 4. I will give it a few more minutes and post the next screenshot.

asfasdf

robot
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
It isn't Ultima 7, neither Black Gate nor Serpent Isle

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom