Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Secret World

Maiandros

Learned
Possibly Retarded
cannot even consider it with my PC [Intel CoalCore©] ..inserted immense amounts of coal, shoved and blew and shoved till its chimney was huffing and puffing, even stuck a Dorito sticker to both its sides, but still no go.. Maybe someday, with the immenent multi Multi-CoalLayer© technology becoming more and more available

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
For those still undecided - the game's worth playing just for awesome writing and investigation missions. You can even treat it as a solo adventure game, but with unavoidable MMO combat :)

If Lovecraft, Barker, Gaiman or King are you fare then you should totally try it out.

I don't think you can see your character tits anymore (didn't check though), but it was in the game in the beginning. But you get a free oral if you start as Dragon.

anus_pounder

Arcane
I was going to ask if anyone 'low level' - for a lack of better term - wanted to derp around together in Kingsmouth but after some recent very boring experiences with some people I've decided to go Solo and never look back.

So instead I'll ask if anyone has some good builds for any combination of Assault Rifle, Blades and Pistols.

Data4

Arcane
So, how's the game now?

Ditto, and to add, is it worth getting to play solo? I keep hearing "If you like Deus Ex...", but is it just because it touches on similar themes with the secret societies and conspiracies, or are the quests/missions/whatever halfway decent for some Deus Exxy storyfaggotry?

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Try it, it's free. I enjoyed it quit a bit for a while, especially the beginning, but I guess if you play solo it won't entertain you long.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well it is not entirely free. Just like Guild Wars 2, you have to but the game, but there is no subscription.

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Ah crap, I thought it's free like Age of Conan. If you have to buy the game, I wouldn't bother unless you have someone to play with.

DeepOcean

Arcane
So, how's the game now?

Ditto, and to add, is it worth getting to play solo? I keep hearing "If you like Deus Ex...", but is it just because it touches on similar themes with the secret societies and conspiracies, or are the quests/missions/whatever halfway decent for some Deus Exxy storyfaggotry?
Most of the missions are standard MMORPG, go there kill shit or go there and click on something, the combat isn't anything to be really impressed either. The atmosphere is excelent and the story very interesting but I recommend you to find someone to play with or you will not have the will to stand the combat against the HP bloated enemies. The investigative missions are awesome, some of them are really hard to figure out, if this game had more of those instead of the kill shit quests it would be way better.

Humppaleka

Cipher
I play this irregularly with a bro, and it's fun as hell in co-op. We both like the world and mythos so that's an added plus. And yes, the combat will be really, really tough if you don't spec for solo fighting, which isn't easy either with the (in my opinion cool) character system. It takes a lot of reading and planning to make something out of a build. Also the combat relies a lot on "spamming" abilities, as in there are no basic attacks.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Got any advice how to build my hammer/chaos tank so it doesn't suck too much solo? I did that "first 60 points build" but now I am not sure where to go.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Nope, I'm very much noob in this game and I am going Assault Rifle + Blood for maximum Heal/DPS (I guess). And I haven't played solo yet, although my "brah" hasn't been online for 26 days...

My best bet would be to search around for guides and shit... Most of the builds are oriented towards late-game, I don't think you can fuck up very bad in this game if you keep focusing what you want to. For example if I were to go maximum DPS AR/Blood, I'd get a few pretty high-level skills from other trees, like Fist and Miscellaneous, but I'll just continue focusing those two mains for now.

Humppaleka

Cipher
The main thing is to balance damage with survivability. Get a good resource builder, a penetrating/critting/your choice finisher, maybe an AOE skill or two and some kind of a good "utility" thingy. For me they are Anima Shot for healing and resources, Burst Fire for finisher, Burst AOE and Heart Attack or whatever for single target stun and shit like that.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Anyone wanna do the Innsmouth Academy combat quests together? Solo combat is kinda tedious but I want to advance.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
There's definitely something up with the game. During the day when the servers are calm I can play just fine, but then at night or over weekends when the servers start filling up I can't go 20 minutes without the game freezing and forcing me to end it in the task manager. I see a bunch of people have complained about it over on the official forums.

This really blows. I have shit I need to do during the day, so this means the game is currently more or less unplayable for me. I really hope they fix this shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom